The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3488 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks Sayold, visiting the castle is something I have always wanted to do... something I can check off the bucket list!

Showed 4D suprise to some friends last night and they all thought it was very cool. Am waiting until I work out a formal presentation with the Ghost Lamp before trying that on "real" people.

John
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3915 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I ordered my 4D...expecting it any day now. That's a really exciting video, stereo. Thanks for posting!

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
My review of 4-D suprise :
http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.com/2010/10/......ise.html

Ps: I want to know how the guy make the wall change color like that in the video !
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Cool! Yes how did he do the wall change? Bam... I want it!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of guerrestellari
Hi Stereo, Saysold1

No magic there Smile

The trick allows you to use any other object - which explains why you have an extra base given in the set.

If you use an object which is red in colour, it is advisable to change the colour of the backdrop to match the color of the object. It is stated in the Japanese instructions.

The trick allows you to change the backdrop color. The blue backdrop is simply a piece of art paper that is placed between the slits of the stripped board. One edge of the board has an opening.

Simply give it a shake and the blue art paper will fall out..

:)
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2010-11-04 23:54, guerrestellari wrote:
Hi Stereo, Saysold1

No magic there Smile

The trick allows you to use any other object - which explains why you have an extra base given in the set.

If you use an object which is red in colour, it is advisable to change the colour of the backdrop to match the color of the object. It is stated in the Japanese instructions.

The trick allows you to change the backdrop color. The blue backdrop is simply a piece of art paper that is placed between the slits of the stripped board. One edge of the board has an opening.

Simply give it a shake and the blue art paper will fall out..

:)

We have the trick, we known that but if blue fall out, the red too. No ?
I want perform this wall color change in real situation and not just for video.

I think this guy have made a unique paper whith red and blue stripes, and the white platic stripes hide the red stripes in the paper and when he shake the wall the paper down a notch and now it's the blue stripes that are hidden by plastic white stripes. with this idea you may perform the effect in close-up without having to change paper. But maybe I'm wrong.
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Hi Stereo,

I'm sure the performer in the video did not go through the trouble of using a customized strip. Very likely he "discarded" the red paper out of range of the video camera. Perhaps the red is cut to size for a good fit while the blue is slighter trimmed at the edge so that it falls out and not the red.

However, as you mentioned, if you wish to perform this in real situation, then yes, I suppose a customized red and blue stripe art paper would work.

It will be trimmed shorter and I suppose you got to exert a bit of pressure when displaying the blue. When you need to shake it up, you can have your little pinky to block the slit so that the art paper moves down but is stopped from falling out entirely.

Just theory until someone tries it.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Thank you for your help, I think too it's very difficult to made a red/blue stripper paper, I have to try or find another solution Smile The result in the video is very great so I will continue to consider how best to achieve the same result without faking.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The English and Japanese instruction both discuss the color change possibility as you say, and there is a single diagram with a hand at the bottom of the stage with the strips... BUt I agree I don't 100% get how to achieve this cleanly.

It looks to me like the bottom of the screen pops open (?) but I need to play with it.

I agree that the look of changing the color is cool and the 2nd appearance too.

I also liked you blog entry Stereo - great! Merci Monsieur!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Hi,

When Tenyo mentions about the colour change to match the chosen object other than the liberty statue, I was under the impression that the performance would take place on a separate occasion, or so I interpreted.

But if you can work out a routine that makes it a continuous performance, will be cool. But it would mean you can't pass on the board for inspection.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I think too the single diagram with a hand at the bottom of the stage with the strips just explain how get out the paper to change it on a separate occasion.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
3915 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Just got my 4D Surprise today from Tokyo. I have not performed it yet, but I know I would be DYING to hear about it if I didn't have it. So here are some initial thoughts:

TWO CONS:
1) It's not angle proof...but it IS very clever. You have a potentially dangerous bit at the beginning, especially if anyone is behind you or directly beside you while you assemble the effect.

2) The box looks fragile. Very, very fragile. This is absolutely NOT a prop that will happily rattle around in your bag. Suggest you keep the box to transport it in, since it will need support.

THE PROS:

1) Absolutely amazing -- utterly jaw dropping -- since the box totally hides the load from all sides. (Spectators looking DOWN on the box will potentially see the load.)

2) The process is astounding...and done properly -- is gonna look like real magic.

3) As someone who does a lot of corporate events, I appreciate that Tenyo included a second base so I can customize my own loads. (Ideally, the backscreen color and the load color should be the same...)

4) There's original thinking...great presentation...truly remarkable potential in this little box.

I am not seeing it as a walkaround item. It's fragile, as I said, and the set-up will require control of the angles. I think, though, in situations where the angles can be controlled, jaws will drop all over the planet.

When I have worked with it some more, I will take it out with me to a sit down event planned for mid December. I have very high hopes for this one.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.magicpendulums.com
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1921 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I recently received my Tenyo 2011 effects, had some time to play with them and showed them to the biggest magic critic there is, my wife Smile. Here's a review of three of them. Everything has been said in this thread, so I'll keep it short. As most of us will buy this trick I hope it's OK if I expose part of some effects ... .

4D SURPRISE - Excellent effect! Two remarks: The statue/magnet doesn't align very good, I mean the statue doesn't stand 'straight' in front of you when pushing it forward, often it's turned 45°, not a very big deal of course. Secondly, the semi-transparant box is very fragile. Other then that a great optical effect like Blue Crystal.

GHOSTLAMP - This one is my favourite. One remark: I noticed the lamp sometimes doesn't go out when I perform the 'scissors-move'; perhaps the magnet isn't aligned well with my lamp base. I know the manual sais to do this and place a pencil dot so I did, but I have tried and sometimes it just doesn't work well. Anyone else having problems with this and if so, any solutions/advice?

TRAP BOX - I also like this one very much. I think it's high quality and the locking system is excellent. As a matter of fact I think I'll perform this one the most - it easily combines with other routines and looks pretty ordinary.

As with all good Tenyo I'll definitaly buy a spare of all the three above effects.

CLOUD MONEY - Didn't buy this yet - I will eventually in a few years I guess.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3488 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Kilertweety, glad you received your new toys. I agree that 4D Suprise is very cool... fun to do it for yourself! I am not having the problem of the statue turning when pushed forward. However as you point out it is not a big deal if it does.

The few times I tried the scissors move it worked fine. I guess if it didn't work the first time you could pretend that there was a second wire that needed to be cut. I am working on a routine that does not use the scissor idea, it has the bulb turning off and on during the routine. It is an extension of Scotty's idea in the instructions combined with a m@#$%t r%^g.

John
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1921 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Thanks John!

A second wire ... why didn't I think of that!

Please let me/us know the routine you're working on when it's done, I'm very curious Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
For ghost lamp I use the pencil mark on the bulb as the instructions suggest and I also allow the side of the scissors to slightly touch the bulb. This usually insures that the bulb goes off with no issues and I don't think it looks suspicious.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The side of the scissors touches the bulb breifly at the moment the scissors closes.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1921 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Thanks for the advice saysold1! Such helpfull people on this forum ... I don't know what I would do without it/them. Learn Japanese? I don't think so Smile
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
3915 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
A couple of additional thoughts about 4D Surprise.

1) There's a small indentation at the bottom of the stage, which makes it possible to actually spin the illusion around slowly. This way your audience can get a good look at all sides.

2) Looking DOWN on the cube, your audience WILL see something. When I perform it, I keep my head over top of it as though I am looking down. This blocks the onlookers from seeing it from the top.

3) Fingerpalming the statue is much easier and safer than loading it in behind the wall. It cuts the visible angles significantly. I am really concerned about the angles of this effect and like to expose the statue for as short a time as possible.

4) I have also had success working the statue into the box with a little push of my thumb, while displaying the "wall" with my other hand.

5) When I am working from a seated position, I am able to stick the statue to the metallic side of my table so that I can grab it just an instant before loading it.

On the plus side: the reveal of the statue gets utter amazement from the audience when you do it right. Definitely worth the time and effort.

David

www.magicpendulums.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL