The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Gibierce (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Taco ass and fermented mollusk juice.

I'm off my lunch now. Thanks guys! Smile
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
When I perform with my fiancee, I usually have it on at the beginning of the day. After the cups and balls portion of the show, I take off the pouch because it gets in the way for our finale.

Then, depending on how fast we get into our next show, I'll either put it on before the set or right before the cups.

For me it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter when I put the pouch on because people still come up and ask where the balls came from. It doesn't matter if the backtrack the balls to the pouch. The next step is to wonder how they got from the pouch to under the cups. THAT takes skill. I'd rather have them think that than come up with something stupid like trap doors built into the table top.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
EvilDan,
I am in agreement I really don not think it matters. I have done it both ways myself, the reaction is no different either way. When performing show after show several hours a day it is nice to have the bag off.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
A former busker named Harry Anderson began the c&b segment on one of his TV specials by picking up his magician apron from the table an putting it on. He didn't call it anything.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2010-08-11 19:36, bwarren3 wrote:
I always used a set of the Gary Animal Gazzo cups because I loved the way they feel and handle but recently have swapped them out for a set of RNT2 Babes. The loads have changed also, I'm using the Wilson tennis balls and Michael Ammar's 4 fruit loads as the double finale. Feels like I dropped about 20 pounds from my pouch, my back loves it..I can remember after a day of busking looking for the Aleve bottle but not any more.
If I don't use the pouch then I can switch back to Frank's servante that attaches directly to my table.

I can certainly see the benefit, weight wise, of using the Ammar fruit loads but they feel so light it feels like they would blow away. Which would kinda ruin the effect. Has that ever been a problem for you?
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
They're not sponge balls, they work really well as final loads...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Gibierce (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL