The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Helping hands » » My fiancé as an assistant. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
When I first met my fiancé and told her I was a magician, she laughed. Not on account of me being a magician, but because it had always been her dream to be a magicians assistant. I haven't had an act before that required an assistant, but have always wanted to put one together. We are both very active in community theater and our schedule is always full (I have cut mine back recently, since I am trying to put an act together). Even though I love her very dearly and know that she wants to be my assistant, I don't want to stop her from doing other projects.

My question is: should I have a back-up assistant in case she is working on something? Or should I just wait to see if this is ever going to be an issue?

I would have a couple of weeks to train a new assistant, should I ever need to. But I don't want to be caught in a sticky situation. Please help!
Weird is part of the job.
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
I would say yes, have a back up assistant in the wings. I have 3 girls I use, I have my main assistant I always call first, then the other 2 are back ups. If possible have your fiance help train the new girl. Being an assistant can be a tough job. For one thing they need to be ready to help you out in a moments notice if something goes wrong. They also need to know how to carry props out at certain angles so they don't expose certain things.
Best of luck to you.
Bob.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
And choose your assistant carefully.....
So many assistants I have worked with think it is an easy job - it is not - they need to really concentrate on what it is they do and they must be able to take constructive criticism well.
mightydog
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan now living in the Florida panha
156 Posts

Profile of mightydog
How strong is your relationship with your fiance? Will she be able to do things as you want them done? Can she take constructive criticism well? Sounds as if you might have a 24/7 relationship in the making. That takes a strong commitment, not that you can't pull it off. Just saying that you are going to be together working, practicing, and on your off time as well. I hope it works out for you, Good luck.
Illusion and magic is the same, if it was possible to achieve the impossible by genuine powers then it wouldn’t be impossible and therefore it wouldn’t be magic. That’s why magic is an art; the art of creating the illusion of the impossible.
Raphael Benatar

mightydog
David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Helping hands » » My fiancé as an assistant. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL