The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card Trick Computer Program (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Super Monkey
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
3 Posts

Profile of Super Monkey
I visited this site awhile back and they were selling this computer program. This program taught you how to perform tricks and make your own. Does anybody know what I’m talking about? Cause I’m interested in getting this and I’m not sure what it’s called. Smile

I’m Different Because I Choose To Be
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
First, let me say "Hello", and welcome you to our magic community.

As far as so-called "computer" programs that teach magic, in my opinion, you would be better off obtaining ANY or all the books that are mentioned in the "Recommended books for beginners" topic in this forum.Smile

Life is not a problem to be solved...

but a mystery to be lived.
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Super Monkey
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
3 Posts

Profile of Super Monkey
I figured there would be negative responses to this, but I thought it would help out in some areas... thanks for your input... I’ll check out the place.

Let me introduce myself since I did’nt do that before... I’m Super Monkey... yes I’m new to magic... I don’t stray too far from card tricks... they're basically all I know...

I searched the web looking for many different and new card tricks to learn... my only troubles are card tricks that involve special manuvers... as in double lifts... now I know to you veterans this stuff is easy... but for me... nope.. can’t do the... so do you guys have any advice for me?

I’m Different Because I Choose To Be
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
SuperMonkey, I'm not sure why you thought my reply to your post was negative. Believe me when I say; "There is no negativity in the cafe". You asked a general question, I tried my best to answer. Smile

Now that I know a little bit more about you and your magical experience, I would recommend you pick up a copy of "The Mark Wilson Course In Magic", pretty much everyone here has a copy, even the pro's.

This book covers a wide range of magical methods, effects, and presentations. The book is available at any magic shop, and I have even seen copies sold at "Barnes & Noble". Get one as soon as you can.

When you have tried out some of the effects, and if you still need help, we here at the cafe are always available! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
I agree with Steve on buying the Mark Wilson course in magic, it's a great book and I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Since your also into card magic, I would have to recommend you look into the videos by Daryl, you'll learn just about anything that has to do with cards from these.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the CAFE !!!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I would just throw in the Fulves "Self Working Card Tricks" books (1&2) as well as "Scarne on Card Tricks" by Scarne.

Tom Cutts
J R Thomas
View Profile
Regular user
Champaign Illinois
138 Posts

Profile of J R Thomas
Royal Road and Expert Card Technique are good places to start for card magicians. When Roger Klause started he was told to read a chapter in Royal Road every day and practice all the effects. That strategy served him well.

JR
Those who hear not the music

Think the dancers mad
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Super Monkey writes: "as in double lifts... now I know to you veterans this stuff is easy..."

Oh, sure! And what "veterans" might that be? Smile

Seriously, I've been in magic for more than 50 years and, if I keep at it for another 50 years, I might -- just MIGHT -- start learning something about it.

I have yet to meet a magician -- new or veteran -- that I can't learn something from.

And here's a secret:

It's never easy; the trick is to make it look easy to other performers, and invisible to the lay audience.

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com
Seanamon
View Profile
New user
Victoria, Texas
70 Posts

Profile of Seanamon
Steve,

At the risk of offending and sticking out like a sore thumb, and knowing who you are in this board, may I humbly say that while your intention may not have been to come across as negative, my first reading of your response was that it was a negative response, for two reasons.

First, it offered your opinion, rather than an answer to the specific question. The question was about computer software.

Second, it never responded to the specifics of his question (where can I find) It told him, look in this direction instead. While trying to be helpful, as I know you were, it might have made better sense to respond to the question in specific ("I don't know what program you might be looking for"..."the program is called......etc", and then as an aside, gently suggest (as you did) alternatives.

Many times I have read (and asked) on magic boards someone ask a question, get two replies, and then someone makes a smart alecked comment, or a particularly opinionated statement (such as this one), and the next threads go off for ages on the new tangent. The original user, did not get his answer, and the guy with the opinion gets all the responses.

Doesn't seem right to me. That's not directed towards you Steve, as I believe that your heart is in the right place, but since others will be reading this response, I'm just giving some food for thought.

God Bless OR (trying to keep the flame going)

Sean
Seanamon
View Profile
New user
Victoria, Texas
70 Posts

Profile of Seanamon
If you are looking for a computer program, the closest think I can think of is called the Ellusionist, or something like that. I'd try a search engine, such as Google to see what comes up. They are lessons available on a CD Rom as well as VHS tapes you can order.

Also, though I have not tried them myself, I have read mixed reviews on Ellusionist and the Ninja. Hope this helps!

Best,

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card Trick Computer Program (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL