The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Folding £2 Tango coin (internal system) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Graeme
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Graeme
Hi I have been following many posts and discussions for a long time now but finally decided to actually post something-a question! Yesterday I received a Tango £2 double folding coin (for Einhorn's Unicorn coin in bottle). The joins were initially difficult to see at first, yet after a few practices (about 15-20 times max),the elastic obviously got warmed up and now the joins are much more prominent. when the bottle is turned on it's end and the coin is now entering the neck the joins on the flat surface of the coin are quite easy to spot if one is looking for them. Ok, so firstly, is this normal or does it sound like its a bad fit that has been made and or has anyone been caught out in performance themselves by this? Graeme
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Lay people don't know about folding coins. Relax!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Well, actually the lay people watching will certainly be looking hard at the coin in the bottle. In my experience, US quarters and half dollars do not show their cuts clearly; they are visible if examined very closely but generally are pretty discreet.

Now I am not certain what the coin you use looks like, but if it is one of the two-part coins I have seen from Europe I have heard of some difficulties due to the two-part make-up.

Jim
Graeme
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Graeme
Thanks J-Mac and Boydy. Nic Einhorn sent me an email yesterday saying that it's quite normal for the cuts to be seen quite close up (he uses a 50pence double folding coin). His advice is just to keep moving the bottle as well as the routine. He is away at present but is going to send me more ideas. yeah, J-Mac I think you might be right-that US coins are harder and stronger than ours. I am also going to play around with a Canda Dry 125ml bottle which would make the coin more difficult to see (due to its dark green glass) but it might take away from the strength of the routine.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I wouldn’t use the dark green bottle; I think that would diminish the effect. Nic is correct in that the best way is to not allow the spectators to examine the coin closely. I would start shopping for a better made coin though. I have a couple folding coins and have no problem letter spectators look closely at them.

If I see anything I'll post back here.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Folding £2 Tango coin (internal system) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL