The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oujija Board (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
I collect antique ouija boards.
And DStachowiak is right, but it actually goes back more than few years.
The first one came out in the late 1800's.
I know, because I have one of these.
And I paid a pretty penny for it too.

Any way...
I have 10 antique/vintage ouija boards.
Dating from the 1890's to the 1950's.
Some are called Swami boards, Mystic Soothsayers, Mystic Boards, and Ouija Queen.
One has swastikas on them. These date before WWII and have nothing to do with Nazis.
The swastika is an old mystic sign.
It's so old that no one really knows where it came from.

I have never had anything bad happen to me.
They are displayed on my wall, proudly.

http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com
That's a great site.
I am still looking for some of those that they show.

Randi
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
I don't recall having ever used a Ouija board, but I have used a Spirit Spelling Board in my Seance shows. Invariably there's been a very startling reaction from this device...tho' I am quite certain that no supernatural force is responsible Smile
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I decided to make my close up table into a Ouija board. This discussion has peaked my interest. As a person that does not believe in such things, I still am fascinated by the misconceptions people have for so many spiritualistic items and designs.

The history behind the pentagram, swastika Broke both left and right, the cross, the Ouija etc. I love to use these things (Tastefully) using their proper context. Of course not with the swastika as it's older history will never be reconciled with it's newer. However, my son really wants to try it with me, and I am not certain I would like to find my beliefs incorrect in the presence of a youngster.. Anybody want to come to Yakima?
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember there was a house rebuilding show (Monster House? I'm not certain) that dealt with rebuildling a local magician's deck to look more like it belonged to a magician. The grill became a castle, the bar became a top hat with a magic drink dispensing box and the actual deck itself was refinished and painted to look like a Ouija board. The made a table into a planchette and put a radio controlled motor into it so the magician behind the bar could move drinks around to his guests!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Josh - you beat me to it. I had the same idea. I will actually add a rotating magnet to create the right pendulum swing....
Cards never lie
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I found it always a good laugh. I had a long chat with my dead cat once. And some guy called flwerkfjoerk.

M:C
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I'm very relieved that not only are there actual portals to the spirit world, but they can be mass produced out of cardboard in third world countries for just pennies, and still purchased relatively inexpensively at Toys'R'Us.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Hopefully someday when we leave our bodies we won't be so bored that we have to go around looking for Ouija boards to haunt.
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Still - most people do see it as something weird . . .
Cards never lie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oujija Board (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL