The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Great Prizes at Dollar Tree (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amazing Binky
View Profile
Loyal user
Lancaster,OH
224 Posts

Profile of Amazing Binky
Just came from Dollar Tree and they had Pop-Up Top Hats (think Axtell Pizza) that comress down realy small. I'm going to use these as part of the "Instant Magician" and give the hat to the kid!
They also have lots of magic sets which make good giveaways.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
They also have inexpensive yo-yo's which I guarantee the kids will enjoy far more than magic sets. I know I speak only for myself on this one, especially here in the Little Darlings, but STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERY KID A MAGICIAN! Thank you for your kind attention. Now back to your regular talk about the appropriateness of magic set giveaways at birthday parties.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Thanks - great tip.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I'm always concerned that the toys from China may have lead in the paint or dangerous plastics. Is there any way that anyone knows to check or do you just figure if they are selling it, it must be OK (which I'm sure isn't true)? The last thing I want to do is give a child a subtly poison toy.

- Mary Mowder
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I think that's a valid concern these days. Until China can tighten up its safety standards you really need a big company between them and you to ensure those standards. (Which didn't help with Playschool, but I think everyone else learend from their disaster.)
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Companies importing items from China are required to test for lead content. While it is continuing to be a problem legit companies are capturing the lead before it gets into the system. It is a very basic test.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2010-08-12 16:58, MagicSanta wrote:
Companies importing items from China are required to test for lead content. While it is continuing to be a problem legit companies are capturing the lead before it gets into the system. It is a very basic test.

And no doubt they self-certify?

Im not at all sure I trust some reputation-less importer.

YMMV.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
tom hughes
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of tom hughes
Ummm....whan I checked the dollar tree magic sets seemed to be imported by Fantasma Magic. As far as I am aware they have something of a good reputation.
http://www.ashevillemagic.com
http://www.themagictomshow.com
magician/magic show in asheville w.n.c.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Great Prizes at Dollar Tree (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL