We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anyone have Colorblind from T11 and can give a review? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
902 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Imagine the ability to SEE with your fingertips. Imagine the ability to divine - without looking - the color of each card in a shuffled deck.

This is COLORBLIND. About a year ago, Luke began to demonstrate a groundbreaking, original routine for some of the top names in magic - from Jason England to Chris Kenner. The routine was brilliant: being able to determine the color of a card without looking, with 100% accuracy.

Months later, Luke tipped the original method for the routine in a full length DVD. Today, Luke builds upon that foundation in presenting FIVE unique methods to accomplish the SAME effect, including the original handling. Includes EVERYTHING you need for all 5 methods.

Why would anyone want to learn FIVE methods to the same effect, you ask? So that you are prepared. Within this DVD, you will learn how to perform the effect blindfolded, with a borrowed deck, and even in an IMPROMPTU setting.

The routine begins via explanation of the concept of dermioptic vision - the ability to SEE with your fingertips. The spectator can shuffle the deck to their heart's content. The cards are legitimately, truly mixed. Without ever looking at the cards, you begin sliding cards one by one from the bottom, naming their color and turning the card over to authenticate your accuracy. You are right every single time.

A routine that has been tried and tested - critically acclaimed by some of the most respected names in magic. An effect that is VERY simple to learn and diabolical in nature, with FIVE methods included to suit any environment.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Can you do this for every single card in the deck, with a deck borrowed and randomly shuffled by the spectator, and with the magician wearing a blindfold?

Regards,
Mike
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2529 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Well, there are several people who bought the release when it first came out. You could search for that on here for opinions.

s
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
738 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Quote:
On 2010-08-13 16:50, insight wrote:
Can you do this for every single card in the deck, with a deck borrowed and randomly shuffled by the spectator, and with the magician wearing a blindfold?

Regards,
Mike

And when the magician removes the blindfold, everyone has disappeared.

Woodfield
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1703 Posts

Profile of JamieD
It seems to be similar, if not the same as his Seeing with the fingertips. If it is the same, its a brilliantly routined effect that if built up into stages and produce brilliant reactions. Unfortunately, it uses a well known magic principle which would render your deck "not normal". That being said, it can be used as a normal deck and can be examined. You can also, with a bit of practise do it blindfolded. All this being said, it's only if it is similar or the same to Seeing with the fingertips.

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
902 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Thank you JamieD. I did not know the previous name for this and my search for colorblind had come up with nothing that related.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Is it the same as seeing with the fingertips?
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
While both product have alternate methods included, they both have the same basic routine.
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Anyone care to give a bit more in depth review?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2529 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Well, when I USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION, I found this about the original:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2739 Posts

Profile of lunatik
The original didn't seem to take off. giving it a new name might do the trick?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
I just got done watching the DVD. It runs about an hour and 45 minutes. Luke goes over every little nuance for the sake of "completion". For Colorblind he offers you the original method that was released with "Seeing With the Fingertips" as well as a couple other methods in case you want to perform it with a deck that someone else gives you. It's a very interesting DVD. He goes over a lot about the history of the effect and offer's idea's about "emergency situations". Over all I feel it's a good product and definitely something I would use during a "wanna see something special?" setting!
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Quote:
On 2010-08-16 00:05, the Sponge wrote:
Well, when I USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION, I found this about the original:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

When I USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION I didn't find that particular thread. But what a guy! You did it for me! Wotta pal!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2529 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2010-08-17 23:24, RooMan wrote:
When I USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION I didn't find that particular thread. But what a guy! You did it for me! Wotta pal!

you're welcome. practice up and maybe next time you can do it all by yourself. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anyone have Colorblind from T11 and can give a review? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL