The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hey from Upstate New York (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

~Cicero
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of ~Cicero
Hey Everyone! My name is Brian and I practice Mentalism and Magick here in Upstate New York. I do corporate and private strolling gigs part time. I do a “real” job, husband and dad gig full time.

I first became interested in magic 15 years ago when living in Atlanta, GA. There was a curious shop in close proximity to my apartment…I studied hard for about six years; then my son was born and the crates of books and props were put away for a long time.

Fast forward to present day. I sold my company and got a regular job in my New York hometown. I guess I am middle age now, my son is 9 and my daughter just turned 6. Two years ago I had a very strange sensation, one I had not felt in a very long time…I couldn’t place the feeling at first, then I realized what it was – I was bored!! I needed a hobby! I cracked open the old crates of mid-90s era magic props and classic books and have been back into it ever since. I quickly realized that I had little interest or skills in the areas of “traditional” magic and sleight of hand and I have been studying mentalism and bizarre “magick” almost exclusively.

I joined my local magic club, which is actually an odd thing for a loner like me to do. I have found that experience to be worthwhile and I am hoping that joining this community proves to be equally rewarding. Thanks for reading; I’ll try to post often!
Brian
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome ~Cicero,

Glad you're back into Magic. Your story is not that unusual. Lots of Magicians give it a rest for whatever reason and then return. One benefit I'm sure you've noticed is you have a different perspective on Magic now.

Your kids are going to be glad you've gotten back into it as well.

Hope to see you in the fora.

- Mary Mowder
Nikki
View Profile
New user
NY
13 Posts

Profile of Nikki
Welcome to the Café. See you in the spooky bizarre room in the cellar
~Cicero
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of ~Cicero
Thanks Mary! Thanks Nikki! (see you soon!)
Brian
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I LOVE upstate NY. Used to fish at Pepacton reservoir and of course the grabage plate at Nick Tahoe's in Rochester is a must eat!

Welcome to the Café!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
~Cicero
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of ~Cicero
Ah, the late night pilgrimage to Nick Tahou's after the bars! Run past the gangbangers, ignore the hookers and tell the junkies they can have your change on the way out. Enough Tahou's grease will take the edge off that inevitable Genny Light hangover! I think the first ghetto location is gone now and most burger places sell garbage plates around here these days, but the original is still the best!!
Brian
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Cicero, you made my day!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Welcome Cicero! Awesome to have another mentalist on board with the Café!
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hey from Upstate New York (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL