The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotic Inductions for Groups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
I posted a couple inductions in my ICBCH group over at hypnothoughts.
http://www.hypnothoughts.com/group/profe......ngandnlp
The reverse arm leviation will be of intrest, but the Dr. Flowers induction has a lot of applications to group work, including stage....
Enjoy

Richard
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Some good stuff as always, Richard. Thanks for sharing!!!-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
MatthewH
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MatthewH
Nice one Richard. Cheers for posting that. Really like the transition into imagining opening and shutting the eyes in the Dr Flowers induction
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I think that Richard's 'reverse arm levitation' is lovely, artistic even. I used it twice today and it had a nice 'feel' to it both times. Indeed I will use it again. Many thanks..
However I'd be thrilled if someone could come up with an arm levitation that would be guaranteed to work.
I say that because I believe the arm levitation is The Holy Grail of (initial convincer)hypnosis.
It has been written by many big names in hypnosis that one of the secrets of hypnosis is that: "when they have 'stuck hands' what they don't realise is that they are already IN hypnosis."
This of course is NOT correct, however I do believe that more than anything (with regard to the normal convincers and tests of course) an arm levitation does indeed place the subject where most hynotists would consider hypnosis to be.
I also had the opportunith to try out Dr. Flower's induction. Very similar to other forms of 'closed eyes' but again very nice and extremely efficient.
Hey Richard, I started at 30 just in case, but they were gone on the 5th or 6th number so no need. LOL. Thanks for posting.

Bob
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Bobser,

I came up with one a few years ago you can try( I think I did.....someone else may have already and I just don't know it yet ).

1: Place guests hand in "salute" position around their forehead area, just about hairline high on the average male haircut. Make sure their thumb nail or knuckle is centered to their nose and the hand is just far enough away to when their hand lowers, it clears their nose. Have other arm dangling down to their side.

2: Tell guest to focus on their thumbnail or knuckle while keeping their head looking straight and level. This causes the eyes to roll up and gain fatigue very quickly. It is really good if you have some patter going to kill a little time while they are focusing on this.

3: At this point, tell them you are going to count from 20 down to 1 and with every number, their hand gets heavier and they get more relaxed. The numbers, as usual, are meaningless.

4: While their hand is coming down, throw in the obligatory " feeling twice as relaxed....blah blah ..."

5: About the time their thumb has passed their nose/upper lip, they should be in the state we want them to be in. Tell them to slowly drop there arm all the way down to their lap and once it hits their lap, they will fall into a relaxed state 10 times deeper than they are now.

Hope you have luck with it. I have.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
MatthewH
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MatthewH
Hey Bobser - Want a guaranteed arm levitation? Just get them to levitate your arm instead. Get them to concentrate on your arm, and hopefully your arm will rise up. Mine never fails to rise 100% of the time.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Thankyou Shane. Yours sounds like a cross between Richard's reverse arm levitation and that of Dr. Flowers.
Mathew, I'm not the brightest coin in here and you made me think till my head got sore. Stop it, now!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Hi, Shane.

I really like the combination of physiology and suggestion for inducing trance. Thank you for sharing this.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
You're welcome. I know it's a hybrid of some other stuff out there. I just never seen/heard of anyone else doing it this exact way.

I just wanted something that would cause eye fatigue very quickly without too much time devoted to a setup and explanation of what I wanted them to doo.

This is one of the inductions I use the most as well as Ant's open palm focus.

Its important their hand is just far enough away from their nose so they don't hit it and break focus, but, not so far away that their attention gets diverted to objects in the background.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
MatthewH
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MatthewH
Shane - a really nice idea there. Thanks for sharing.
Bobser - please don't think too hard about anything I say. I never do!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotic Inductions for Groups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL