The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » New Posts Since Last Visit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I presently use three computers; my old desktop (the one I originally joined the Café on) and two laptops. I find tht whenever I use the laptops, the icon red coffee cup never shows up for new posts. Yet on the desktop, the new posts always appear as they should. I'm thinking it's a computer recognition issue with the Café site and that the laptops aren't recognized. I'm always "logged on" on all machines. Can anyone advise me as to how to get the laptops in sync with the desktops for these issues? Thanks, Bob
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
You'll never get them to sync up entirely. The cups are based on "cookies" stored on each of your computers. You can read all the messages and have all white cups, but the other computer hasn't "read" them yet so they'll show up there as red cups.

There are several ways to use, store, and purge cookies. Any one of them can mess with the way the Café remembers things for you. I'd start by comparing your browser settings between all the machines.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I think I'll just leave well enough alone then....thanks for the reply. Best, Bob
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » New Posts Since Last Visit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL