The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Vernet soft thumb tip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Thought I would share with you that resizing the diamter of a vernet medium soft thumbtip with boiling water is not a good idea. I watched it melt in literally 3 seconds into a small blob of plastic - almost a trick itself! I have done this with hard tips many times without any problems - imagine my suprise Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow, Ted, I didn't realize Vernet made a soft tip. Thanks for the warning! LOL!, Question...is it transluscent, like the hard tips? I have both the regular and jumbo Vernet hard tips. I have used them (I believe) since the late 70's.

Doug
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
It is translucent. I tried it on the recommendation that it had a more natural feel than a hard tip. I think I will stick with the hard tips for now.
Pat Perry
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Pat Perry
I always had problems to handle a soft tip. Specially because it often gets stuck on your finger. I solved the problem by applying some 1 second glue to the inside. This way it's easy to take it of from your finger (but you have to let the glue dry out, bevor use. Otherways it may be very hard to take it off Smile
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
313 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
One reason soft tips get stuck is suction. You can prevent this using a straight pin heated to red hot. Push from the outside to the inside. Don't use a lighter to heat the pin or black sut may stain the TT.
Steve
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Ted,

LOL, I did the same thing with one of my thumb tips. I realized that you get the water hot, then drop the t-tip in for a short length of time just to get it soft, and then place it on your finger and run cold water on it. This will cause the tip to shrink up a little and fit to your thumb.

David
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I am currently looking for a soft TT, can the Vernet be squeezed together at the opening easily? Hank Moorehouse had a nice match vanish, put the match in and by squeezing the tip, to extinquish the flame. Then release the squeezed opeing and a puff of smoke would rise from the fist.

If this cannot be squeezed closed easily, does anyone know of a quality vinyl TT avalable and can direct me to the site that sells them?

Thanks in advance.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On 2010-10-08 10:15, Pat Perry wrote:
I always had problems to handle a soft tip. Specially because it often gets stuck on your finger. I solved the problem by applying some 1 second glue to the inside. This way it's easy to take it of from your finger (but you have to let the glue dry out, bevor use. Otherways it may be very hard to take it off Smile

I will have to try this as I liked the soft one but it kept getting stuck to my skin like you mentioned. Thanks for the advice.

Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Vernet soft thumb tip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL