The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Asp is coming (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Saddly got some bigger health problems to contend with just now. look do as you please man its a ****ing trick. in the grand scheme of things, there is more important in this world like health
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 17:13, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Saddly got some bigger health problems to contend with just now. look do as you please man its a ****ing trick. in the grand scheme of things, there is more important in this world like health

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope things turn out ok for you.
The world we live in is even a greater illusion than magic.
Bande
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of Bande
Thanks Migwar,

You summed it up perfectly. I didn't respond earlier because I try not to respond to random attacks by people I don't know -- people seem quick to insult on the internet, but responding to it never makes it go away. At any rate, I remain hopeful Alan will do as he promised, silencing those who think it was all a scam.

Alan, sorry to hear you are sick, 100% agree nothing more important than health, Hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
On 2011-08-06 14:08, migwar wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-26 20:17, Xiqual wrote:
Bande,
Have a little dignity Man. Get a job and you can actually buy things.
James

Quote:
On 2011-07-26 09:56, Bande wrote:
So, Alan its now the end of July. I know you are busy, and I know we are getting something for nothing. That said, a lot of people supported you at leastpartly because of your claim of proof. I think it would be fair to post this already. Especially since on June 6th you said it would be posted ASAP.

Thanks,

Bande

That's not the point though is it?

Imagine this line of events
*someone sees the ASP likes the idea and wishes to purchase
*Looking at the Café and sees the IP is contested
*Not wishing to endorse until all the facts are known hold off buying the hold out
*still no resolution and the ASP is now on sale

I can see why some people would like to see Alan hold true to his word. On the flip side I can entirely see why Alan has better things to do with his time.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2986 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Sorry to hear about your health issues, Alan. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Dittos Alan, you are correct, lots more important things in this world.

Get well soon.

Peace and Prayers my friend.

G
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Bande,
The true insult lies in all the people pretending to care about more than just a free holdout.
You wrote "I remain hopeful Alan will do as he promised, silencing those who think it was all a scam."
Such benevolence! Your fight for a true cause is heart warming. Why don't you just be honest?
You could write this "Aww man, you said we would get that holdout for free, now you are not going to put it up? What a rip."
James

Quote:
On 2011-08-07 10:46, Bande wrote:
Thanks Migwar,

You summed it up perfectly. I didn't respond earlier because I try not to respond to random attacks by people I don't know -- people seem quick to insult on the internet, but responding to it never makes it go away. At any rate, I remain hopeful Alan will do as he promised, silencing those who think it was all a scam.

Alan, sorry to hear you are sick, 100% agree nothing more important than health, Hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
On 2011-08-06 14:08, migwar wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-26 20:17, Xiqual wrote:
Bande,
Have a little dignity Man. Get a job and you can actually buy things.
James

Quote:
On 2011-07-26 09:56, Bande wrote:
So, Alan its now the end of July. I know you are busy, and I know we are getting something for nothing. That said, a lot of people supported you at leastpartly because of your claim of proof. I think it would be fair to post this already. Especially since on June 6th you said it would be posted ASAP.

Thanks,

Bande

That's not the point though is it?

Imagine this line of events
*someone sees the ASP likes the idea and wishes to purchase
*Looking at the Café and sees the IP is contested
*Not wishing to endorse until all the facts are known hold off buying the hold out
*still no resolution and the ASP is now on sale

I can see why some people would like to see Alan hold true to his word. On the flip side I can entirely see why Alan has better things to do with his time.

Still with the Chinese circus Smile
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
I think it’s an insult that Nick has a 9 page thread effectively calling him a thief which is returned in the first 5 results on google
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
What does IP stand for. I just cant figure it!
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Quote:
On 2011-08-08 13:06, Sean Giles wrote:
Could be intellectual property rights maybe ?
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
Quote:

Ignorant People
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Quote:
On 2011-08-08 14:38, Nick Sand wrote:
Quote:

Ignorant People
lol good one !
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Yes intellectual property is what IP stands for.
James

Quote:
On 2011-08-08 13:23, magicblademan wrote:
Quote:
Could be intellectual property rights maybe ?
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Thanks James and Magicblademan Smile
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
Quote:
On 2011-08-08 09:38, migwar wrote:
I think it’s an insult that Nick has a 9 page thread effectively calling him a thief which is returned in the first 5 results on google

You are absolutely right!

It's funny how someone could can find the time to use their success and position to publicly call you a thief and damage your reputation. Then not have the time to finish what they started.

3 ways this can go:

Re-release the Original Emp with the Original material and let the community decide for themself.

A simple apology for calling me a thief.

The continued silence, which is what a bully does when beaten.

Nick
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Here we go again.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
Quote:
On 2011-08-09 15:35, GeneTony wrote:
Here we go again.

I was unaware it ever really stopped.

I have asked previously for those interested in Alan's Emp to start another thread.
Alan has every right to re-release his EMP.
I have said before I have nothing to hide here.

I am ****ed off, dam right. If you where me you would be too.

Hopefully this episode will make people think twice before dragging someones name thru the mud.

No hostility meant towards you Tony.

Nick
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5614 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-08-09 15:08, Nick Sand wrote:

It's funny how someone could can find the time to use their success and position to publicly call you a thief and damage your reputation. Then not have the time to finish what they started.

I fully agree with you Nick.

But this isn’t new to the Café. I, as well as many others have gone through such similar situation right here at the Café.
[One might like to read my post (Posted: Apr 30, 2011 6:41am) on page 5 of this thread]

Quote:
On 2011-08-09 15:08, Nick Sand wrote:

3 ways this can go:

* Re-release the Original Emp with the Original material and let the community decide for themself.

* A simple apology for calling me a thief.

* The continued silence, which is what a bully does when beaten.

Yes, in the end such BULLIES along with their boy’s school supporters go and hide in their den and maintain complete silence. In their dictionary the word 'apology' doesn’t exist.

You will also notice that, in spite of their so called success & position, such people who indulge in humiliating another creator don’t have the Café’s approval stamp of ‘VIP’. So the best way is to ignore them and carry on with better things in life.

Smile
P.S.

Quote:
On 2011-08-09 15:55, Nick Sand wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-09 15:35, GeneTony wrote:

Here we go again.

Hopefully this episode will make people think twice before dragging someones name thru the mud.

No hostility meant towards you Tony.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
I'd like to chime in and say I have ordered this from Nick after reading all the posts and feel branding Nick as a "thief" was way out of order !!

I have never heard of or seen Alan's version ,so really it's hard for some of us to figure out if the ASP is similar to Alan's EMP without proof.

If Nick's is different then I feel that this issue is even more wrong because this topic will have most definitely cost Nick some sales and might have put some folks off buying Nicks effects when really we (the buyers ) have nothing to compare.

Hope the health issue's Alan work out ok for you but I am just telling it how I see it from a magician wanting to buy and support other magicians creations.

Shaun
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
Watch this clip please.

http://alanrorrison.com/Ran/Emr%20vanish.wmv

Now looks a lot like something you would do with say one of Chuck Leach's raven products. Aw and I see Alan also puts down Chuck's work to support his own. Wonder if Alan credited him in the release after putting him down to promote his own product.

Ah a ring that's Antonio Romero's anchor, oh that's right Alan didn't know about the ring so we have to let that slide in this business, because ignorance is bliss.

How original is the Emp and it's handlings? Did Chuck leach attack you Alan?
Has Antonio Romero attacked you Alan?

I am not trying to give you crap, but I strongly urge you to rethink the way you have treated me.

Sincerely,

Nick Sand
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Asp is coming (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL