The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What Shop Do you Order from? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
ryan8406
View Profile
New user
Elkton, Maryland
88 Posts

Profile of ryan8406
Denny and Lee & Magic Vault....both are great. If you need custom gaff cards then I recommend Martini.
WV
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa, Durban
293 Posts

Profile of WV
Vernesto

"I'm not perfect, just forgiven!"
octave
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of octave
I have purchased a digital download at trickshop once. They were nice enough to mail me their product catalog as well. The Café section is a great place for buying used books and Dvd's if you belong to the seller's country.

-octave
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
+1 on The Trick Shop. Their CS was very responsive when I had a question, they have free shipping on orders over $50, and have some of the lowest prices I've seen online. What's not to like?! Two thumbs way up!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
KMFrye
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of KMFrye
I plan on avoiding MadHatter International - emailing them to complain about a corroded Okito Box I received a cranky "We buy by the truckload and cannot check all our stock..."

Because checking when you're about the pack the order is much too hard.

Second-rate service, second-rate product.

Second rate shop.

Magic Warehouse, Elmwood, Wizard's HQ all wonderful.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Well, I'd have to say, if I was going to order magic today, I would trust Jason at The Nexus Magic Shop.

http://www.nexusmagicstore.com

I have corresponded with Jason, and he is a generous, honest Magic Shop owner that has given his ALL to his shop! He believes in integrity, and customer service being his priority! Look at his store! I have spent over an HOUR surfing through there, and haven't even scratched the surface! Obviously there is no "junk" here.

I see "sales" all over the place! And this is very important to me:

"Magic Tricks / Illusions ordered before noon (Pacific standard time) ship same business day. If a trick is out of stock, we will refund you the money, or ship on the next availability. Either way you will be notified of a choice. Nexus Magic wants all of our Magician friends to have a magical and positive experience with us."

I have dealt with others I have been happy with, but for an overall everything-in-one-place Magic Shop, I have to vote Nexus #1! From amateur to professional, it's all there! Smile

Doug
StephenP
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of StephenP
I will have to check out Magic Warehouse and Denny's. I tried Penguin and will probably try them again. Magic4Less had some great prices on a few things but the packaging was a little wanting.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I do my best to support the sites that also have a brick and mortar shop - Denny and Lee (Denny is a fantastic performer,) The Magic Apple in L.A., The Magic Box in the UK...I've also found good customer service with Stevens.

I must say I was in New York a year ago and went quite out of my way to visit Tannen's, and boy, what a disappointment. I spent maybe 20 minutes wandering the shop, and the friend that was with me (who LIKES magic) literally fell asleep inside the store. I wouldn't go back. I may get a hard time for it, and it's not too relevant now, but I had poor service from Hollywood Magic. It was a shame seeing as how they had a great selection and some really strong demonstrations, but there was one employee in particular (though I don't recall his name) who was always rude and it was like pulling teeth to get him to help you, or even approach you. The business sure would have benefited with an online presence, but they had none. It's a shame.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Denny and Lee have helped many a professional performer out a tight jam, numerous times, for many years.

I've always had the honest truth, and personalized customer service from Denny. Not many can make that claim.

Magic, Inc. and Stevens come in a close second for the personal touch. Hank Lee, Tannens, and Morrissey? Never again.

Magically,
Walt
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
For UK -

I like Alakazam - they have a good selection and are quick to deliver.
International Magic were also quick to deliver and P&P costs are low.

MAgicshop.co.uk has a good selection but I find their delivery reliable but slow. They also have a fixed price P&P for items sent within the UK under £50 of £2.99 which if all I want is something small (like Jay Sankeys fine print which is two playing cards)I resent paying.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
For me I have had 100% great experiences with Penguin. They stand behind their products, great follow up, generous return policy, competive prices, big selection, bag of peanut M&M's in most orders! I have nothing but praise for Penguin and Maxwell Murphy there. They have earned my loyalty and deserve it.

I also like Hocus Pocus, Viking (George Robinson is one of the greats!), and Magic Warehouse.

I also like buying from Magician Jon Allen in England - a super nice person.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Viking makes great stuff. I like Peter Nardi's Alakazam because I feel he has good taste in what he carries, and his own creations have always been winners for me.

Be aware that there is a LOT of chinese knock off stuff going around and its even sold falsely claiming to be the original creation, so if you froogle for something, be wary of really good prices from dealers that aren't among the name ones...
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
I usually only buy from either of the two magic shops in my area. I have ordered from penguin in the past.
- C
CardMagicTeacher22
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of CardMagicTeacher22
I usually shop at Theory11, Penguin Magic, or Ellusionist they all are great Smile
domf
View Profile
New user
Canada
67 Posts

Profile of domf
Magic Geek is really good. Top notch service and fast delivery.

Best
Dom
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2010-12-22 16:04, djurmann wrote:
For UK -

I like Alakazam - they have a good selection and are quick to deliver.
International Magic were also quick to deliver...

I agree. Both are excellent shops! As is The Card Collection around the corner from Alakazam. Sad to say though that customer service, or basic politeness has done a runner from Davenports, London. Don't go there anymore.
crochow
View Profile
Regular user
Youngstown, Ohio
129 Posts

Profile of crochow
DennyMagic by far. Denny is a retired full-time working pro.
Magically,

Chris Rochow
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Quote:
On 2010-10-14 05:05, Mush wrote:
What about on-line stores for non USA buyers?
I note that some stores have very high shipment costs.

Also beware customs and handling....I bought some T shirts and got whacked with a £9 customs charge and an £8 handling charge by Royal Mail.

In the UK http://www.alakazam.com has been good, http://www.magicshop.co.uk is slower and they have a minimum shipping charge of £2.99 but have a lot of stuff, http://www.internationalmagic.com, are reasonable and speedy. I have read good things on this forum about http://www.worldmagicstore.com/ ...they also do some good reviews so they might be worth checking out.

For cards especially non bicycle cards (which everyone sells)and other stuff http://www.cards4magic.co.uk is worth a look and of course ebay.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Quote:
On 2010-12-31 17:43, Roger Kelly wrote:

Sad to say though that customer service, or basic politeness has done a runner from Davenports, London. Don't go there anymore.

Sorry to hear you say that, I actually prefer Davenports to International Magic as a bricks and mortar shop. I think it depends on the service you want. For buying things online IM wins hands down. Getting a reply to my emails to Davenports has been patchy, and the online selection does not seem great. But as a shop to visit I prefer Davenports.. In IM (good shop btw)it was very business like, "what would you like, yes we have it, have you also seen...." in and out. Davenports the pace is a lot slower, I go in, there are probably some people chatting about and showing magic. There might even be some selling, though not too much. I watch, I wait, I enjoy and when the time comes I ask for what I am looking for and am given the gift of TIME. options are discussed, if I have a problem with a sleight I may be shown a better way. This was true my first time in the shop, and has happened every time since. I like that.
jyothi
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jyothi
Anyone knows magic shops in India or Asia?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What Shop Do you Order from? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL