The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPearing Soon... » » Mental Killer By Max Krause (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..15~16~17 [Next]
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Why will no-one describe the effect? Not the method - just the bleeping effect.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I give up.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Please remember that Max is only human and does have other things going on in his life. I'm sure if anybody wants to email Max to schedule Skype time he'll happily oblige, but he certainly can't be on there 24/7. 

Also, the reason that nobody is describing the effect is out of respect for Max. This isn't out yet, and this way people get the full impact of going in "fresh", which I think makes it that much stronger. 

I can't think of anyone else who gives personalized, private demos like this. Skype buddy lists are just that, not a way to build up a mailing list or anything. There's nothing sneaky going on, just a way for a creator to control the experience people have when experiencing his effect for the first time. 

I get that it's not as convenient for some as a normal video or description would be. When this hits the market, I'm sure plenty of info will surface. In the meantime it is what it is. But it's worth Skyping with Max to see it if you have the time to catch him.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
As an update, Max was kind enough to send me a PM and apologized but that he is in fact busy right now and that I can try later.

Michael

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 11:44pm
I just was able to get in contact with Max at Skype and saw the effect. Teh funny thing is that I could not contact Max through Skype because I was calling the wrong Max. I must have ****ed off some guy also named max asking him repeatedly to please show me his Killer Mentalism effect.

Anyway, it is an incredible and totally commercial effect. I was in total awe. I am very impressed with the effect. It is going to be a real winner. If you can contact (the right) Max, it is worth the wait to see it performed live. Great job, Max! Thank you for taking the time to show it to me.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
Just watched Max perform this and it is really outstanding! People I know are gonna love this. I am always asked if I have any new close-up effects by people and I could do some pretty decent new effects because I have so many. But I want to do only the stuff that hit's em really hard, not just the ok or even decently deceptive effects and Mental Killer will definitely be one that I perform. Supposed to be out sometime next month. Won't say what the effect is simply because Max has asked that whoever watches him perform it, not to tell what it is. And I know a lot of you are upset about that, but I learned the importance of marals in magic long ago. And since I was asked not to tell, that's good enough for me. After all, Max is the creator of the effect and he is the one who asked.
You will find that there is so much respect for you if you uphold the morals of magic and also a lot more is shared with you which normally wouldn't be also.
But Max is willing to share with anyone who will Skype him which I think is great. Congratulations Max on such an outstanding effect which should be priced much higher than $50 in my opinion.
arrow23
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of arrow23
Quote:
On 2010-08-25 23:44, magicinsight wrote:
I just was able to get in contact with Max at Skype and saw the effect. Teh funny thing is that I could not contact Max through Skype because I was calling the wrong Max. I must have ****ed off some guy also named max asking him repeatedly to please show me his Killer Mentalism effect.

I have the same problem here. Couls anyone pm me his correct skype name?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Even with the time difference from Holland I got hold of Max within 1 minute.
Nice guy.

This is NOT!!!!!! some Skype scam. It's NOT!!! a joke.

There is an effect.
Max performed it for me.

The only problem I see, is too many people doing it.

Get Skype (it's free and quite useful)
Get hold of Max
Get in line for the release

steve
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On 2010-08-26 01:54, arrow23 wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-08-25 23:44, magicinsight wrote:

I sent you a PM

I have the same problem here. Couls anyone pm me his correct skype name?
—Hakim, Loreweaver
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Set up skype and made the call. Max showed me the effect and while not the holy grail , it is good. I'd like to check it out some more with regard to it's various uses, but it certainly is intriguing. Looking forward to its release.
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
I loved it ... I wonder what it would take for it to be the holy grail? Maybe if Max walked on water when he performed it? Would that make it Holy?
arrow23
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of arrow23
I just got off skype with Max. He really is a nice guy like everyone said. The effect really fooled me and I cannot stop thinking about it 30 minutes later. Also with Maxs permission, his skype name is "sleightofhand1971".
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
394 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
After all this hype I'm quite certain that I will be disappointed Smile But added Max to Skype and looking forward to seeing the effect performed Smile
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks arrow23 for the username for Max.
Just got off skype and this is by far the most advanced and deceptive version of this type of effect that is out there.

Im amazed at the thought and work that has been put into Mental Killer.

S
northernwarrior
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
101 Posts

Profile of northernwarrior
Max have just now showed me this, and as all others, all I can say is that is really really clean and amazing, it's really direct Smile

great work Max!
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
I finally downloaded Skype, contected max and was fooled like all the others Smile

I completely understand why there won't be a demo or an effect description, because you can only really appreciate the effect if you see it performed live and you really feel like an audience member witnessing it for the first time. So I will keep silent as well.

Very baffling indeed - I am happy max also intends to release a German version!

Stefan
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Max just demo'd this for me .... WOW x 100

- Steve
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
Great effect by Max and he has really raised the bar from the usual standard web demo. I want anyone who wants to sell me something now to demo it like Max-what a great experience.

Luke
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
This was a really cool trick. Clever idea.
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Very cool!
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
I would like to add one more thing to what I was shown by Max! Mental Killer is very deceptive and the best part is you can do it anywhere anytime and anyplace! Max has raised the bar!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPearing Soon... » » Mental Killer By Max Krause (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL