The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Cigarette Switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
I am looking for a clean cigarette switch.
Hope some one can help me with any sources.

Thanks Guys!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22406 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Keith Clark's Encyclopedia of Cigarette Magic. It covers every move that has ever been invented.

As far a your need, it is very hard to advise, without knowing what you are trying to accomplish.

If you want DVD then try Tom Mullica's DVDs on cigarette magic, I do not have these but it cover several disc from http://www.llpub.com
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
What are you switching? A real one for a fake one or vise versa? A little more info would be helpful.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
Thanks for the tips wmhegbli.
Just to clarify:
I need a move/sleight to switch a borrowed cigarrete for a gimmicked one in full view.
For example: Ask for a cigarette, switch it for a flash cigarette and light it and it disappears in a flash. The siwtch has to be made in full view.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Bobo switch? Then ditch the borrowed cig when you go to the pocket for the lighter.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22406 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Using the flip production will probably work for this, just do it on the off beat and in a natural manner, not drawing attention to the movement. It can be done simply by transfering the cigarette from the right to left or vica vesa. Don't think to hard on some sneaky method, just do it and get on with the effect. That is the important part of the effect you want to create. Also do it when makeing a comment about the cigarette brand or some joke. Just don't stand there and try to switch it by drawing your attention to it so the audience is aware of something going on.

It kills me, when for example; magicians say, look at my double lift or second deal then say, did you see it. What?, of course if it was done properly, no one should see it. They are actually so proud that they can do a secret sleight that they want people to see it. Not that is very funny.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Two good examples above. You really don't need any more. Just do it.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
Thanks for the advice guys, especially wmhegbli.
I am usig the flip production sugestion with great results,although I am considering buying the Keith Clark's eith Clark's Encyclopedia of Cigarette Tricks.
Thnak you all for yout time, atention and support.
Dazz
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Dazz
I had been looking for a way to switch out a borrowed cigarette for that shrinking cigarette routine (the one that uses that cheap tube). I do that quite alot.
If you make up a load of shunken cigarettes before you go out people generally want to keep them at the end of the routine.
If I can make them think its their own ciggie, I wont have to give it back and I can have a pack of 20 by the end of the night Smile

"Would you like to keep it in its shrunken state or shall I turn it back for you?" lol. Who said the price of cigarettes has gone up?!!!

Easyyyyy.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
@ Dazz: Isn't that slightly unethical? Just saying, not blaming. I'd think it would kill your crowd appeal after a while.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5732 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I'd share one that should work with cigs, that I used to use with pens, but I will only share it via PM or Secret Sessions. It floored some knowledgeable magicians.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2642 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
May be an old idea (gimmick) but what about using a cigarette pull to get rid of the real fag?

Much cleaner than a lot of sleight of hand methods!
Barry Allen

Joe Riding
20th May 1932 - 23rd April 2005

Thank you for making me an entertainer. I still miss ya mate.
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
438 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
Oh, not those stinky old things.

@Thiago: Hope you bought that book.
So much to do. So little time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Cigarette Switch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL