The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » One-liners to use if asked to repeat a trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Not so cruel if done with a wink and the right tone. It usually gets a laugh, even from the question poser.
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
I have found that delivering a line such as 'very well' in response to 'how'd ya do that?' or 'nobody likes repeats' in response to 'Do that again' lets the questioner know that you are not going to tell them. This will usually keep them quiet. If they are persistent I start to think of them as a heckler and deal with them accordingly.

There was a superb method for dealing with Hecklers listed elsewhere in this forum. It consisted of forcing a card on the heckler with an appropriate message printed on it (eg "please refrain fronm interrupting my show as the rest of the people are here to see me, not you") - The original was posted by Ron Giesecke - Thanks again Ron!

People that constantly ask questions destroy your show for others watching. Deal with them firmly but kindly (they, and possibly members of their family/friends are a part of your audience) so that others can enjoy your show.

Or you could always try 'I'll do it again, but everyone has to be naked' could work out well either way!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
DarkSmaug
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of DarkSmaug
I guess I'll revive this post months later because it is a good topic Smile

My favorite demands that you be a good actor, and mostly serious when performing the trick. When they say "Do it again", say "I could do it, but I would have to kill you." MAKE SURE you don't smile or laugh until about 6 seconds, then smile and awkwardly say. "errr.... I was just kidding... I guess."
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
If I am at a Club or Pub performance (only adults)I say "who taught you that line....(pause)..... Do that again.....(pause)....it must have been your girlfriend/boyfriend. Once is enough for me Thank You."
It has to be said with a serious face though.
Anywhere else I say "Why?" If they respond with "because I want to see it again" I say "why?"
The responses I've had have been funnier than you can imagine.
B Wood
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of B Wood
The all time best response I have heard to "Do that again" was used by Lance Burton in his stage show. It is not mine to give away, but for those who know it he looked out into the audience and asked "You want to see that again?' to which we all replied "Yes!". He then gave his two word response....a great laugh every night.

But I can tell you that next time I am asked to do that again, I will be using Curtis Kam's suggestion - that's fantastic!

Bryan
"Can I get the icon in cornflower blue?"
Nathan J. Roberts
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Nathan J. Roberts
I've found that's one of the ways a person is really trying to say, "Hey, I liked that." So I ask them if they really liked it, to which they always respond postivily. Then I'll either talk about how difficult the trick was to learn, or do another trick. I'm never mean or crude to my audience, or to folks that comes up afterwards.
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
How'd you do that?

"It's a camera trick...without the camera"

Do it again!

"Sorry only one per customer!"
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
Jimmy Vee
View Profile
Regular user
Jimmy Vee
173 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Vee
I love using this one when doing slight of hand magic... "How Did You Do That??" I respond... Mirrors... It's all done with mirrors. then give a wink. It gets a good response.
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
My favourite is "you get what you pay for folks..."

some refuse to give me money, some insist on it! if they insist I usually do something with their money and then do a SIMILIAR trick to the one they are asking for. then I kinda get out of it.
big k
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of big k
Quote:
On 2002-05-30 11:29, Rob Eubank wrote:
My personal favorite,

"Why? What'd I do wrong?"

LOL Oh man I got to try that one. That was good.
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
Hey my mind has just been ticking

why don't you change this into a metalisim effect

just use a double envelope { with one message saying HOW DID YOU DO THAT } and the other saying { DO THAT AGAIN }

JUST TAKE THE ENVELOPE OUT WITH THE OTHER PROPS AND LAY IT ASIDE

as soon as someone says one of those lines open it to show your prediction

never tried this but might get a couple of laughs
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
Kenardo1
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Kenardo1
I usually just say no and ask them if they would like to see another. Sometimes I do repeat but I either change the method or change the climax.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » One-liners to use if asked to repeat a trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL