The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Kreskin Beats Cancer! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
I'm pleased to report that Kreskin has been "completely cured" of prostate cancer which he was diagnosed with in March 2009.

Great news! Smile

Happy thoughts,
Paul Pacific
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Paul
Do you have a mind link with Kreskin?
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
I absolutely do, Al!!! Smile
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Great news!

I always thought Kreskin was underrated by the magic community. Maybe shunned upon because of his claims of actually using psychic powers ala Dunninger, Uri Geller, John Edward and of course Carnac the Magnificent Smile when we all knew he was doing 'magic tricks' with his own little quirky twists.

He has been successfuly performing for many years and certainly doesn't fit into the mold we all seem to expect magicians and mentalists to be. He 'did it his way' and his unique(?) personality added an air of believability to his presentations. I saw him many years ago and he was quite entertaining. Always enthusiastic and a gentleman.

I loved the clever way he made sure he got his fee. He left the theater with a committee of spectators while his check was hidden under one of the seats. He claimed that if he couldn't find it by his psychic powers he wouldn't charge for the show....he always got payed.

So glad to hear you beat the 'Big C', George Joseph Kresge, Jr.
Best to ya, and by the way do you really have psychic powers? Randi wants to know.
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Not to take the wind out of your sales, but what doctors have told me is that nobody is every "cured" of cancer.

You can go into 100% remission, and stay there for a long time, but baring a sudden and violent premature death, it will eventually kill you.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Way to rain on the parade.
Some people just can't let good news be good news.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I'm glad he is in remission. I wish him the best.

I don't have the usual gripe with Kreskin that most magicians do. I like his version of mentalism, my gripe is with his two hour concerts. It's too much talking about how he was on Merv Griffin x amount of times or Mike Douglas and so on. Not enough of him doing the "amazing" part. And when he went to the piano and started to sing, that was a bit too much.

He is at his best when he is on television. He has to be brief and to the point. I like his stuff. I hope he is with us much longer.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
If I'm not mistaken doctors don't usually start actually saying the cancer is "gone" till the person has been in remission or cancer free for five years then they will start using more positive terms as gone, cured etc..... Everyday, week, month, year without it coming back is a good sign however.
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Cancer can be "cured' if the tumor has been completely removed and hasn't spread to other organs or parts of the body, lymph nodes, etc. (metastasis). Early detection is most important.

There are over 200 types of cancer and each is treated on an individual basis. In the case of prostate cancer complete removal of the prostate or prostatectomy can "cure" cancer of the prostate because you no longer have a prostate. 1 in 3 women will get cancer in their lifetime and 1 in 2 men. Most men will have cancer of the postrate by age 80, but most is slow growing and they will die of other causes before the cancer can do it's job.

It's a war. The cancer s trying to kill you and you're trying to kill it.

My wife is only 54 and was recently diagnosed with cancer ( her chemo and radiation start next week for 5 weeks and then surgery). She is still with me and we fight every day together to keep it that way.

My heart goes out to those whose lives were abruptly changed by hearing the words "you have cancer". Not only do you and your family have to go through
the trauma of cancer, there is a mountain of paperwork, red tape, phone calls, appointments, medical leave from work without pay, insurance, co-payments, prescriptions and the like.

Stop smoking, take good care of yourself and stay as healthy as you can. You get old fast and sometimes those 'Golden Years' aren't so golden.

Ray
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Kreskin Beats Cancer! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL