The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your driveway ain't yours (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..15~16~17 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've missed you Dreadnaught....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Cattle you gotta love em.

First off we own you. We can’t be having you wondering off the farm all over place like a wild animal. If you do go wondering off the farm we will have put a tag on you to find out were you are and then put you in the pen for retraining. How do you expect us to milk you if you just go wondering off doing whatever? So Daisy just stay with the herd on the farm and we will look after you.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-09-03 00:11, tommy wrote:
What do you mean when?

We have, what do you think you own Daisy?

:)

Tommy, your political ramblings and pearls of wisdom are entertaining in a Jack Kerouac kind of way, but the ominous references to the government's utter control of everyone's life are falling kind of flat here in light of the 42 years I've spent on this planet doing...well...pretty much whatever the hell I've wanted to. But knock yourself out; it's good TV.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
This seems an interpreting thing in any event:

".....The federal Privacy Protection Act prohibits the government from seizing materials from journalists and others who possess material for the purpose of communicating to the public. The government cannot seize material from the journalist even if it’s investigating whether the person who possesses the material committed a crime by receiving or possessing the material……

California law is crystal clear that bloggers are journalists...."

Read More http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/04/iphone-raid/
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 22:43, MagicSanta wrote:
Sorry GDW I do not know who said what to anyone nor how accurate that article is. Clearly they needed a story to support the theme of the article and they certainly were not going to come up with one that didn't grab your attention. If you are going to get all charged up because of that article you are getting excited over very little.

That is merely one of a multitude of events. If you doubt the accuracy, do some research. Don't just dismiss out of hand and go one accepting what you already assume.

Recently a man was shot 5 times in the chest by a cop while whittling. He may have been breaking the law for having the knife apparently, but does shooting someone in the chest 5 times point blank sound like an equal response to a man holding a small knife and a piece of wood?

http://downtownseattle.komonews.com/cont......t-police

As for those claiming "conspiracy theorists" these are not speculations of conspiracy. These are merely observations. At least I am not claiming they are conspiring to do secret things, I, for one, am merely observing things they OPENLY are doing.

Quote:
On 2010-09-02 23:57, LobowolfXXX wrote:
When the anarchists take over, see how much THEY let you keep.

If they "took over" they wouldn't be anarchists, and it wouldn't be anarchy. If anyone "took over" they would just be a new government. Anarchy requires NO government, which means no one taking over and nothing TO take over.

It's not about what they let you keep, it's bout what we let them take.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Quote:
On 2010-09-01 22:09, landmark wrote:
What's the frequency Kenneth?

Courage
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
Recently a man was shot 5 times in the chest by a cop while whittling. He may have been breaking the law for having the knife apparently, but does shooting someone in the chest 5 times point blank sound like an equal response to a man holding a small knife and a piece of wood?

Deadly force confrontation. Man should have dropped the knife. Why do people want to argue with the police?

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-03 17:11, Dreadnought wrote:
Quote:

Deadly force confrontation. Man should have dropped the knife. Why do people want to argue with the police?

Peace and Godspeed.

Equal response. What if the man didn't speak english? Unless there is an immediate threat to their life, police are required to NOT open fire. They are trained in numerous methods of dealing with an armed person well before they need to resort to guns.

Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
...and that goes for when they are under threat. Which was obviously not the situation here. If I had met such a man I wouldn't have needed to shoot him to feel safe in my person, so why does a (suposedly) trained police officer? Answer: he doesn't.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-09-03 17:11, Dreadnought wrote:
Quote:

Peace and Godspeed.

But to kill him was immoral and motivated by anger, per your framework, right?

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Do you realize how hard it is to shoot someone five times while whittling? First you have to be holding the gun in the same hand as either the wood or the knife.

In San Jose a detective doing some vice thingy (for you researchers this was about 15 years ago at the corner of Blossom Hill and Snell). The kid who was hooking was in the back seat of the car with the detective and pulled a knife and the detective shot him six times from about two feet away...justifiable. It seems that when under those situations most military and police will fire until their weapon is empty or the threat is absolutely stopped yet if you ask the shooter right after they will tell you they thought they only shot once or twice. Neat huh?

Never, ever.....EVER....point anything at a cop or hold a weapon of any kind when told to drop it. You will likely not enjoy it.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
And if you're in some country where you don't speak the language, and you're holding a knife and close enough to stab a cop (as this guy was, if he was shot "point blank"), and the cop draws his gun and starts yelling something at you that you don't understand, there's a REALLY good chance that what he's yelling roughly translates to "Drop the knife!" So do.

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I was in Liberia in he early 80s during the fun fun revolutionary days'the muzzle of an AK47 comes through the window and starts poking the driver in the head! At the other end of the AK was a guy in uniform who asked how much the driver was charging us, I told him and the guy says "if he charges you more than $1.75 let me know and I will shoot him", all the while really poking him hard with that muzzle! We said 'you betcha' and when we got downtown we gave that driver $10 and told him not to worry. The soldiers who doing that to every driver!

Africa was like living in a movie....rough rough place to be at that time, maybe some of you might want to go hang out!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2010-09-03 01:40, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Tommy, your political ramblings and pearls of wisdom are entertaining in a Jack Kerouac kind of way, but the ominous references to the government's utter control of everyone's life are falling kind of flat here in light of the 42 years I've spent on this planet doing...well...pretty much whatever the hell I've wanted to.

Ah, so you're one of them, eh? That explains a lot . . .
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
You mean he's a vampire?
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Lobo, I never said I would kill him. On a moral basis, no I don't agree with it, within the confines of the law, it was a lethal force confrontation and the man should have dropped the knife when told to do so, end of story.

GDW and Chance, please enlighten me to the alternative methods of dealing with a potentially violent situation, especially this situation.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

Scott

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-03 21:22, LobowolfXXX wrote:
And if you're in some country where you don't speak the language, and you're holding a knife and close enough to stab a cop (as this guy was, if he was shot "point blank"), and the cop draws his gun and starts yelling something at you that you don't understand, there's a REALLY good chance that what he's yelling roughly translates to "Drop the knife!" So do.

Yup, best just do what the men with the guns tell you. They have the right because they have the guns.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-03 23:32, Dreadnought wrote:
Lobo, I never said I would kill him. On a moral basis, no I don't agree with it, within the confines of the law, it was a lethal force confrontation and the man should have dropped the knife when told to do so, end of story.

GDW and Chance, please enlighten me to the alternative methods of dealing with a potentially violent situation, especially this situation.

Peace and Godspeed.

One question, why shouldn't the cop drop his weapon if the guy with the knife tells him too?

Also, you hit the nail on the head, "POTENTIALLY" violent situation. I am a potentially violent situation just walking down the street with my bare hands. Who confronted who in the situation in question? Who provoked the situation? Who was doing nothing to indicate any potential of violence leaving everyone alone just whittling a piece of wood?
Ok, clearly more than one question.

Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2010-09-03 23:45, gdw wrote:
One question, why shouldn't the cop drop his weapon if the guy with the knife tells him too?

Also, you hit the nail on the head, "POTENTIALLY" violent situation. I am a potentially violent situation just walking down the street with my bare hands. Who confronted who in the situation in question? Who provoked the situation? Who was doing nothing to indicate any potential of violence leaving everyone alone just whittling a piece of wood?
Ok, clearly more than one question.

I don't know, maybe because the police officer carries the authority of the state and is charged with enforcement of law and order and the guy with knife isn't?

Any situation with a police officer is a potentially violent situation as there is always a gun involved. And I have a pocket knife with a three and a half inch blade and it can be pretty threatening.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

Scott

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Dang GDW, when I'm not rational I'm more rational that the police dropping their weapon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your driveway ain't yours (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL