The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Key by Andrew Mayne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
720 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I just received my Andrew Mayne effect "the Key" and I am very pleased with it.

The effect is: You borrow a bill from a spectator. Stab a key on your keyring through the bill and rip it out. Miraculously the bill is undamaged! The key is ready on your keyring anytime you need it. You also get bonus effects Key through playing card, key through jacket, and key biter. Includes everything you need to perform and a 20 minute instructional DVD with additional routines.

I like carrying things with me which I can use when someone says: "you're a magician? Well DO something!" I always carry a mismade bill for a bill switch, a thumb tip and some other small props so I can do a mini-show on the spot. This has helped me get bookings too. Well, now I have another prop to carry right along with all the keys I carry for the car. I gave the effect the "acid test" this evening and performed it for my wife at the dinner table. She was impressed......and so am I. I like the simplicity and the illusion of being impromptu. Andrew's instructions, as always were very well done. Just about everything I have purchased from him has been good in my opinion.

Well, just wanted to pass this along to whoever is interested

Charlie
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5483 Posts

Profile of RNK
There is already a thread on this and I must say- I think Andrew rushed this one. Not a very good product. All tricks have the potential to go wrong, but this one has a VERY HIGH potential of going wrong. I am just disappointed in the construction of the unit.

RNK
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
720 Posts

Oh, I did a search before I posted this and didn't see the other thread. My mistake. Anyway, I still like the effect and will still use it anyway. Thanks tho for your input
May every day be magic!

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-08-27 08:30, RNK wrote:
There is already a thread on this and I must say- I think Andrew rushed this one. Not a very good product. All tricks have the potential to go wrong, but this one has a VERY HIGH potential of going wrong. I am just disappointed in the construction of the unit.

RNK

Oops. Too late for me. I just ordered.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
720 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-08-27 21:07, daffydoug wrote:
Quote:

RNK

Oops. Too late for me. I just ordered.

Let me know if you like it. I like mine
Charlie
May every day be magic!

PsychoJack
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of PsychoJack
I like the trick and I think it is cool and has a lot potential, but on the other side, I don't like the workings that much just like RNK says:
Quote:
All tricks have the potential to go wrong, but this one has a VERY HIGH potential of going wrong.

Just some thoughts
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
What could go wrong?
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
720 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-08-28 11:26, daffydoug wrote:
What could go wrong?

I think what they are referring to is the same kind of thing that can go wrong if you are working with an ITR doing a levitation. So far I have not had anything go wrong with the key, but it is still new for me
May every day be magic!

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5483 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2010-08-29 19:54, misterillusion wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-08-28 11:26, daffydoug wrote:
What could go wrong?

I think what they are referring to is the same kind of thing that can go wrong if you are working with an ITR doing a levitation. So far I have not had anything go wrong with the key, but it is still new for me

If you have the unit or know how it works- then this will make sense-The "Flip" is what could happen.

RNK
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The flip???
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
720 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-08-30 11:40, daffydoug wrote:
The flip???

Yeah, he means the prop, not the performer................
May every day be magic!

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I guess I'll understand when the effect arrives in my mailbox.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ok. Got it in my mailbox today, and can't see what all the griping was about. This is well explained by Andrew on the DVD and after an hour of practice you should have this down pat.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Who PRACTICES FOR AN HOUR? Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
720 Posts

I really like it. The impact on audiences is great.
May every day be magic!

Magic Roman
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Magic Roman
Within minutes of opening the package my “The Key” gimmick broke. I sent an email to Andrew Mayne’s team, and they responded very quickly, asking me to send them my address so they could replace the gimmick. Great service, and quick response.
Magically,
Roman
Magic Roman
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Magic Roman
Using this gimmick is pretty cool, as I can carry it on my keychain as an everyday portable magic effect. The effect looks good, but you do need to practice the move where the key comes off the bill; otherwise, the gimmick fails. Just practice “the grip” of the gimmick and you’ll be good to go. I like it, and it’s so portable. You can tell someone, “Hey let me show you how to fix torn bills,” then act like you puncture the bill with your key. Then do “the move” and the bill is restored. I just got the effect, and am playing around with my patter; so if my above patter is lame, know I’m just starting with this effect. Perhaps I’ll put together some patter I can share down the road.
Magically,
Roman
JollyMon
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of JollyMon
Mine broke within two minutes also, crazy glue fixed it, but I shouldn't have to do this. I can't say as I am too impressed with the quality of this prop so far, I may have not done the best repair job on it.
Medortho
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Medortho
Isn't this simply the classic pen through bill concept reproduced as a key? Well, at least it could look more casual, if it works well, I guess.
whall212
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of whall212
I like the Key and it plays well. I am just practicing with it now and came up with an idea to end cleaner. I use the key off the keychain and dump the key into my waist servante and then grab the duplicate from my side pocket area where it is held in place by a magnet. Heat is on the bill and it's easy and fast. Maybe I am paranoid, but I think someone will ask to see my key chain...Has that happened to you? Thoughts?

My gimmick has been fine and I am overall pleased with this. It is true you have to really pay attention when doing this one (to make sure of no flip), but it's a nice trick. I also think it is a very good value and it has been thought out well and explained well. My only complaint with all of these tricks with DVDs is, if you want to refer back to one thing or just look up something, you have to deal with the DVD. I like to have written instructions too to use for quick reference when practicing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Key by Andrew Mayne (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL