The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Key by Andrew Mayne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Love replying to dead threads. I love this effect. Only suggestion to Andrew would be to produce this with a method for getting the gaffed key off of the chain. Maybe a gap of some sort in the ring part of the key? Dunno.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22894 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-06-15 20:56, Robvs wrote:
Love replying to dead threads. I love this effect. Only suggestion to Andrew would be to produce this with a method for getting the gaffed key off of the chain. Maybe a gap of some sort in the ring part of the key? Dunno.

A linking keys or key off ring has already been invented in England in the 1970's, the guy who invented it has closed up shop a few years back. Problem is with props like this there had to be switch involved, thus adding to difficulty for your average magician. Then it kind of kills the convenience of carrying the key on a key ring. As the key through bill key would have to be carried elsewhere.

Not that brings up another problem, if the key needs to be switched, then why not just invent a switch that involves the key coming off the key-ring. Again this would involve sleight of hand, most average magicians would complain about as not doable.

The folding key was not very popular as the inventor just advertised it as something like "37" new trick, buy it. That was it, did not tell anything else. I waited 15 before I bought it. Have not used it, as I see it like the Linking Mint, just not feasible to get away with on everyday use.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 08:47, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-15 20:56, Robvs wrote:

A linking keys or key off ring has already been invented in England in the 1970's, the guy who invented it has closed up shop a few years back. Problem is with props like this there had to be switch involved, thus adding to difficulty for your average magician. Then it kind of kills the convenience of carrying the key on a key ring. As the key through bill key would have to be carried elsewhere.

Not that brings up another problem, if the key needs to be switched, then why not just invent a switch that involves the key coming off the key-ring. Again this would involve sleight of hand, most average magicians would complain about as not doable.

The folding key was not very popular as the inventor just advertised it as something like "37" new trick, buy it. That was it, did not tell anything else. I waited 15 before I bought it. Have not used it, as I see it like the Linking Mint, just not feasible to get away with on everyday use.

Fair enough I guess. Your insight is appreciated. I just see it as thhe key through bill is gafffed to death, why not add a little lever or tiny "caribiner" type of clip to quickly get it off. The method requires a s***ch anyway. I think this trick is outstanding the way it is. I just don't really understand the creator's thought that you s***ch at the end but still can't hand out the keychain because you've got the gaffed one there.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Mine got burned up in a burning vehicle, along with. Peter Eggink effect.

Does Andrew still sell it?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 13:25, daffydoug wrote:
Mine got burned up in a burning vehicle, along with. Peter Eggink effect.

Does Andrew still sell it?

Doubt it. Mine was dug out of a drawer at a magic shop.
Phil Tawa
View Profile
Regular user
Mass.
103 Posts

Profile of Phil Tawa
Yes. You can still get them.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I was disappointed with this mainly because I expected to receive a key like the one in the demo ( a standard Schlage house key ), but instead received a cheap looking key. I E-mailed Mr. Mayne with no response. So, I returned it to the dealer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Key by Andrew Mayne (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL