The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Pen Penetration Dilemma (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicDiva
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia
43 Posts

Profile of MagicDiva
Hey Everyone,

I have a huge problem, I have Pen Penetration using a uniball pen and I have the tip stuck in the cap. Does anyone know a way to get it out? Please Help Me!!! Smile
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
1. Bang it really hard.
2. Use a really strong magnet and see if it will pull the tip out.
3. See if you can find another pen with the same type of cap. If you can, just cut a small slit in the cap and use some needle nose pliers to pull it apart until the tip comes out.

And if all else fails, bang it really, really, really hard! Smile
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
ottomagic
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of ottomagic
I had the same problem with my pen. It had a slit on top of the pen cap and I just used another pen tip to push through the slit dislodging the magnetic tip. Don't know if you have the same type of pen cap however. Check it out.
nostromo
View Profile
New user
Pensacola, Fla
79 Posts

Profile of nostromo
Took a lot of banging to get mine loose and not wanting it to happen again, I got a 6" legth of tubing with an end cap to carry the pen in. With the gimmick in place, I put the cap on the other end and slide the pen in, gimmick first, and use the pen clip to hold the pen to the tube.

Carries nicely in the right front trouser pocket. When time to perform, it's easy to remove from the tube with the right hand and pass it to the left while palming the gimmick in the right.

If you don;t wear slacks or trousers, Magic Diva, maybe the tube could stay nicely in your fanny pack (from other posts, I recall that you're a street performer, right?) or purse.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I also had this problem and sent the pen i purchased back to where i got it from. After having phoned them of the problem. They took good care of me and sent me a new one that has worked like a charm every since. Although i did try and use it as is but it was just too frustrating. I am glad i called them and got a new replacement pen.
i ordered the "Laser Pen Deluxe" from MagicMax. If it hasnt been too long since your purchase, you might try working out something with them.
Good luck,

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
MagicDiva
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia
43 Posts

Profile of MagicDiva
Thanks a lot everyone for the advice! I soaked the cap in hot water and then threw it against the wall and the tip came right out!! I was fun! Smile

nostromo that sounds like a good idea! Thanks Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Pen Penetration Dilemma (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL