The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Do as I do. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Yes "Automatic Mindreading" is really good !
It is very similar in effect to Daniel Madison "Blind".

Nicolas
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Has anyone tried out "Cards of Coincidence" from Vernon's Inner Secrets of Card Magic? How does it play?
Count Zapik
View Profile
Regular user
UK
186 Posts

Profile of Count Zapik
There is a version using only four cards, where the magi demonstrates a series of moves which the spectator copies using their own set of four cards. Despite both starting from the same position the spectator keeps on having one card face up in their packet, whilst the magicians are all face down. The effect is repeated using a second spectator who follows the magician, cards in hand and manages to replicate the magicians moves~ to much humour and to the chagrin of the first spectator. Anyone know the routine to which I am referring? I have it in hand written notes somewhere, but seem to have misplaced them ;-((((
I feel as if I have been whisked here from another life....it may even have been my own!
cigmas
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of cigmas
It's called Vernon's Variant and is in Ultimate Secrets of Card Magic. There are several versions around including one by Johnny Thompson on one of his DVD and one (I think) by Karrel Fox.
cigmas
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of cigmas
Sorry! That last reference should be Milton Kort not Karrel Fox. It is called Off Color Do as I Do and was published in Swami, vol. 1, No. 2, 1972
Count Zapik
View Profile
Regular user
UK
186 Posts

Profile of Count Zapik
Thanks for the info cigmas. You are spot on. I have looked up both references and they are exactly what I was looking for. What a great resources the magic Café can be. Many thanks
PS. I have sent you a private message
I feel as if I have been whisked here from another life....it may even have been my own!
dj
View Profile
Special user
956 Posts

Profile of dj
See David Williamson with his version
(start at 4:53):
https://youtu.be/SSONgWjacJo
Count Zapik
View Profile
Regular user
UK
186 Posts

Profile of Count Zapik
That's the one, sure enough.
Thanks for the link dj.
Works well with Jumbo cards~. It's a little impromptu gem ;-))))
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Do as I do. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL