The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » the paw and the foot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27106 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
This is just the bare bones of one part of a plot. It's about luck.

Consider the 'lucky' rabbit's foot. Yes, we're going there...

Consider the monkey's paw.

Which of these two are lucky? unlucky? do you know why?

Each artifact may evidence the fate of an animal. Perhaps the 'luck' of one might cancel the 'fate' of the other?

That rabbit which lived to tell the tale may have taught others. That monkey certainly did not have a chance. Do you feel lucky?

What are you holding on to?

What are you willing to give up?

Would you call these objects charmed? charged?

Stirring plot?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
So I asked the rabbit: "How's it going?"

And the rabbit replied: "Well, I can't kick!"

Smile
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
And the monkey limped into the saloon shouting,

"I'm looking for the feller what shot my paw."

Smile Smile

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
Fate VS. Luck. How does one differ from the other? Are they really so much different?Would it be interesting to bring in other myths, superstitions or religions into the mix?

Would that clutter things?

I wonder...
cogliostro
View Profile
New user
Tampa
99 Posts

Profile of cogliostro
It is ALWAYS interesting to bring other myths and superstitions into the mix... religion depends on your crowd. Whether is clutters or build suspense is entirely up to your abilities as a storyteller.

Personally, I always felt that luck was simply that. You win the office lottery, you never get speeding tickets, your horse places at the race, etc. Fate seems to be moving you toward a destiny. You have a job to fill, and you will do it or be miserable. The way it manipulates you need not be pleasant, it only seeks to accomplish its goal. i.e. Jesus asks if this cup may pass him by.

After giving some serious thought to that previous sentence, I've decided that it is far to late in the evning to continue this post, but clearly an effect to draw some distinction between the two could be a powerful presentation.

Regards,
- Rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » the paw and the foot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL