The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » My new close-up Promo Video - Thoughts? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Hi Guys,

Just finished making and adding to my website a new Promo video (close-up magic). What are your thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IJzrbBsx0E

Steve

P.S: My 2007 Kids Promo Video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k2S5Dkn0j0
I'll be updating that one as well as soon as I have more footage.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Great video. The really like the music.
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Nice video.

I would just add:
1 - client testimonials - ideally video
2 - something to show your personality (speaking clips, speak to the camera)
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Great video. I aspire to have mine look as good some day. I'm with Scott...I'd love to hear a clip of your patter on an affect or two and maybe some audience response as well. I know it takes a bit of work to capture all of that and edit it. But, for now....be proud. You look great.
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Great video. I aspire to have mine look as good some day. I'm with Scott...I'd love to hear a clip of your patter on an affect or two and maybe some audience response as well. I know it takes a bit of work to capture all of that and edit it. But, for now....be proud. You look great.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I liked it Steve and I agree with Scott.

It should definitely boost sales, as is, for now. Good work!

- Mary Mowder
John Palazzo
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
136 Posts

Profile of John Palazzo
Looks great Steve - that music is really good too.

Here's a suggestion. A message shows this:

"Many TV Appearances - Including Britain's Got Talent."

If you've got 7 or more TV appearances - I think that's compelling enough to use the actual number in the message. Specifics are more compelling than the term "Many".

"9 TV Appearances - Including Britain's Got Talent."

Maybe sprinkle some quoted testimonials and who they are from, organization, etc into the video between clips of you instead of actual speaking videos. That should be simple enough if you don't want to break the rhythm of the video. Some nice compelling quotes that fade in and out.

Great video overall though.
PM me if you want to chat sometime.
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Cheers for the feedback. There are lots of videos with me talking on them, so a little searching on my actual site will show the clients those effects. I wanted this video to just excite them with visual effects.

As for testimonials, again they are on the website. I didn't think about them at the time of creating the video, so I might add some in the next one I do. I don't think it needs them as they are on the site to be read but It won't hurt me to add a single page in the video text parts with three of them on I suppose.

Cheers for your comments.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » My new close-up Promo Video - Thoughts? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL