The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ebook shareware? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8512 Posts

Profile of funsway
Of course -- all over the country, which is why I say "most" rather than "all."

I found and help train "good" employess for more than 4,000 firms during more than thirty years of business consulting. Regardless of the decade (70's, 80's, 90's, later) I found that people under 40 years of age had little understanding of accountability, commitment and "self-directed" learning -- hense my statement.

In many cases I was able to take applicants of all ages who demonstrated some "responsibility" and set up training programs in which both they and the business owners learned of "accountability." I use the term "good" to mean "willing to set and meet commitments" rather than many moral judgment. In my own businesses I was always "giving someone a chance" -- and usually regretting it. Later on I came to always hire a person on a 30-60 day temporary IC agreement during which they could demonstrate their level of accountability, commitment, integrity and willingness to learn.

The same applies to teaching magic to enthusiastic wantabes. It is easy to "want" to be a good magician, but another to set up the time to study, practice, review and perform the effect in a mentoring environment. I will teach a new student one effect. They do not learn a second until they have mastered the first, and have demonstrated the ability and willingness to "do the work" necessary to be successful.

Am I too tough a taskmaster? Well, I don't charge anything either -- so prove to me that it is worth my time. I actaully had one person who took one of my ShareBooks, never provided feedback as committed,and then contacted me to see if I would mentor him over a Skype connection. You tell em how old he was.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ebook shareware? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL