The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Empty Pockets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
On a trip to licence my car I had to empty my packets into a basket for the X-ray machine, and had a small knife I had forgotten. This was placed in an envelope and signed for later return. Now, it seems to me this could be the basis of several effects.

1) the basket would hold a variety of items, coins, keys, a shopping list, pen, etc. These would be placed under the spectators' noses and they could select an interesting item for you to perform with -- thus engaging the audience and getting around any inspection issues.

2) the knife could be of the color-changing variety. When you get the envelope back it is different one then placed inside, and the story continues.

3) your pockets would have been allegedly shown empty, so any later steals or swithces will be less suspect.

4) a money clip with bills and business cards can allow for "out to lunch" effects.

5) you can blame repeated trips though the "machine" for strange happenings.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
satoeri
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of satoeri
Sounds like you just stumbled upon a brand new parlor routine for you to put together. Could also become a decent stage routine depending on which items were in your pocket.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
2) A self-contained switching envelope would eliminate the need to switch envelopes in order to switch knives.

Are you familiar with "Contents of the Dead Man's Pockets" by Jack Finney? He's one of my favorite short story authors. There could be roots for a magic plot similar to your idea.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Pat page had an intresting way to show a empty pocket.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Empty Pockets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL