The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » You won't believe your eyes! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
543 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
If you guys have got a chance, check out "Pinnacle" out at Penguin Magic. It's by Russ Niedzwiecki. It's the most incredible linking ring on rubberband I have EVER seen. I've gotta get my hands on this! Check it out!

Dominic
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
587 Posts

Profile of wayman
Hey, Dominic.....

.....thanks for the heads up...
......Its very easy to learn to. (apart from phrase 2)...

oh by the way Smile

Ps Check out the other links already on the Café on this.

ring and rubber band /pinnacle

Pinnacle by Russ Niedzwiecki

Pinnacle: A review

WANTED - Just Passing Thru and Pinnacle

Pinnacle

Pinnacle"Miracle Finish"

Pinnacle: Pushing the banderies
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
543 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
Well, I've finally received the DVD and let me tell you.

The effect is wonderful and really does draw the gasps that Russ claimed.

However, I had a really hard time with the instructional dvd. The angles were rather hard to learn the moves properly.

I think that it would have been a great idea to film the moves from an over the shoulder angle. All things aside, no doubt I will perform this for the rest of my life.

Way to go Russ!
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Why does eveyone say that phase 2 is difficult? I thought phase one was more difficult to understand and perform than any of the others.
Undone
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
54 Posts

Profile of Undone
I must agree with zombieboy. I have large fingers, and any ring I find will not be a loose fit. I like this effect, and keep working at it, but I am still not happy with the way phase one comes across.

Undone.
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Undone-

Keep it going! There will come a time when Phase 1 will flow, and then the speed will begin to increase. Then, as this evolves, you'll notice how you can facilitate it, and nobody will know that you are doing much but bringing ring and band together, and BOOM!---it's linked!

And Domino- the DVD was shot with one camera, short of the luxury of some other presentations you've seen with more than one. The videographer was working off his 20+ years of experience, and in editing, realized that bouncing back and forth from front view to over the shoulder would have been extremely time consuming, costing more, and possibly jumping people back and forth. Simplifying with one main straight on shot hopefully eliminated the confusion that may have occured had we used multiple camera angles.

I now realize a little more what it takes to put a DVD presentation together, and sometimes you can't always do what you want to do. So, short of the multiple angles you may have wanted, I'm confident in the short term, all will be equal, and you'll be through all 4 phases.

Russ Niedzwiecki

Russ Niedzwiecki
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
this is BIG! Smile
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Can the penetrations be done slowly, or is the quick action a necessary part of the trick?

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
587 Posts

Profile of wayman
The Slower The BETTER!!.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Yes, very visual. My favorite impromptu trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » You won't believe your eyes! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL