The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Home Game (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Piece of advices #1: "advice" is an uncountable noun.

Piece of advice #2: dead men tell no tells. (I got that from the "Pirates of the Caribeann" ride at Disney parks. Cool, huh? Smile)

Piece of advice #3: magicians helping magicians does not mean non-magicians (like myself) helping non-magicians (like card mechanics).

Piece of advice #4: if you really, truly, honestly are a college wrestler studying at Drexel, then...ah...hm (how should I put this?)...uh...then start studying. Forget cards. Forget poker. Forget magic. Get to work in your studies and do the best you can until you graduate. And take care of your body and health and wrestle like the wind. Or whatever wrestlers wrestle like.

Piece of advice #5: Of course you've missed my entire point, which was to compare the two videos I watched last night on riffle stacking here in the Gambler's Forum. Comparing the two, yours is inferior. That was my only REAL point whatsoever. So why don't you compare the videos a couple hundred times more, and look for differences. Maybe you'll see what I see. Maybe you won't.

Those are my advices for tonight.
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-10-30 13:16, stoneunhinged wrote:
Piece of advices #1: "advice" is an uncountable noun.

Piece of advice #2: dead men tell no tells. (I got that from the "Pirates of the Caribeann" ride at Disney parks. Cool, huh? Smile)

Piece of advice #3: magicians helping magicians does not mean non-magicians (like myself) helping non-magicians (like card mechanics).

Piece of advice #4: if you really, truly, honestly are a college wrestler studying at Drexel, then...ah...hm (how should I put this?)...uh...then start studying. Forget cards. Forget poker. Forget magic. Get to work in your studies and do the best you can until you graduate. And take care of your body and health and wrestle like the wind. Or whatever wrestlers wrestle like.

Piece of advice #5: Of course you've missed my entire point, which was to compare the two videos I watched last night on riffle stacking here in the Gambler's Forum. Comparing the two, yours is inferior. That was my only REAL point whatsoever. So why don't you compare the videos a couple hundred times more, and look for differences. Maybe you'll see what I see. Maybe you won't.

Those are my advices for tonight.

You must be a very bitter person.

Do you not remember your private message you sent me?

(stoneunhinged
Inner circle
One of the top 50 colleges? Which?

I won't tell.

And yes, this is a test. )

The fact of the matter is, you have no advice for me. You say your not a magician, so that means you think your a mechanic? And if your not either than I find it very funny that you waste your time on this silly forum. All you wanted to do is bash me and offer no advice.

Its disappointing to see an older adult with such a immature personality.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Mr Eagle, have a beer and chill a bit:

:stout:

I'll have one myself:

:stout:

And no, I'm not a mechanic. Believe it or not, I'm a college professor.

Go figure.

And then go study.

If that advice is a sign of immaturity, than go ahead and picture me in diapers.

One more thing: PMs are PMs. Quoting PMs in an open forum is like shaking your exposed junk around a convent.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Jeff is far from bitter IMO and if this is just a "silly forum", WHY do you waste your time here?
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Cause its not a waste of time for me. I learn things and apply them as I see fit.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Viva la apostrophe!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Viva la contradiction!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Viva la Magic Café!


:banana: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
:banana: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
:banana: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
choobysoo
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of choobysoo
Piece of advice #4: if you really, truly, honestly are a college wrestler studying at Drexel, then...ah...hm (how should I put this?)...uh...then start studying. Forget cards. Forget poker. Forget magic. Get to work in your studies and do the best you can until you graduate. And take care of your body and health and wrestle like the wind. Or whatever wrestlers wrestle like.

Why discourage someone like that? What's in it for you?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Choobysoo, there's nothing in it for me at all. So perhaps the advice is honest and not geared towards gaining anything.

I don't want to discourage anyone anywhere regarding anything. But if you want to learn to play pool, then grab your cue and rack 'em up. If you want to be a nuclear physicist, then don't start threads at the Magic Café about running poker tournaments in your dorm.

BTW, choobysoo is a way cool handle. Grats and mlents.
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
I appreciate the support from Choobysoo. Like I said, I haven't had time to run a game in my dorm but ill be fine. I am a smart kid so I am not worried about my grades. Its all pretty easy. All you need to do is go to class do the homework and study during the weekdays. Weekends consist of going out on Friday night and poker on Saturday and Sunday nights.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Right.
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-10-31 17:22, stoneunhinged wrote:
Right.

stoneunhinged, do you do anything card or magic related?

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 10:57pm
Actually forget it. This is stupid. I am done here.
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
Quote:
On 2010-10-31 17:08, blackeagle wrote:
I am a smart kid

HA! Smile
I absolutely love how that statement is sandwiched between the neglect of an apostrophe in the words "I'll," and "it's."

Posted: Nov 1, 2010 3:36am
Jest caws spell Czech dough’s knot say its wrong, dough’s knot mien its write.
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-11-01 01:12, Maitre D wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-31 17:08, blackeagle wrote:
I am a smart kid


HA! Smile

I absolutely love how that statement is sandwiched between the neglect of an apostrophe in the words "I'll," and "it's."

I am a math and science type of guy. ha
uhrenschmied
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of uhrenschmied
Quote:
On 2010-11-01 07:28, blackeagle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-01 01:12, Maitre D wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-31 17:08, blackeagle wrote:
I am a smart kid


HA! Smile

I absolutely love how that statement is sandwiched between the neglect of an apostrophe in the words "I'll," and "it's."

I am a math and science type of guy. ha


"In the country of the blind the one-eyed man is king."
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-11-01 07:38, uhrenschmied wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-01 07:28, blackeagle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-01 01:12, Maitre D wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-31 17:08, blackeagle wrote:
I am a smart kid


HA! Smile

I absolutely love how that statement is sandwiched between the neglect of an apostrophe in the words "I'll," and "it's."

I am a math and science type of guy. ha


"In the country of the blind the one-eyed man is king."

ha! good quote. very true.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Putting PMs in posts is..bad form. And your and you're are different words, meaning different things.


Eagle, notice how things are going for the new poster, MERY? He came on, showed a video and is nice to all-and what does he get back?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!



"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-11-01 12:54, kcg5 wrote:
Putting PMs in posts is..bad form. And your and you're are different words, meaning different things.


Eagle, notice how things are going for the new poster, MERY? He came on, showed a video and is nice to all-and what does he get back?

The guy said he wouldn't say anything about where I went to school if I told him.
Enzo
View Profile
Loyal user
CA
248 Posts

Profile of Enzo
From another thread:
Quote:
To bad you have dick marcus on your website...


"To" and "Too" are also two different words, kcg5. And it would be polite to spell "Dick Marcus" with capitals, even if you don't like the guy. Everybody makes spelling mistakes, sometimes because we're in a hurry and forget to read what we wrote before hitting "submit".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Home Game (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL