The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Home Game (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
Yes, but most of us don't announce how smart we are at every possible opportunity. This is what makes our friend blackeagle so special.
Enzo
View Profile
Loyal user
CA
248 Posts

Profile of Enzo
True, but let's be the bigger person and attack him on content, rather than form.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Blackeagle is 100% right, and I must apologize: I did indeed tell him in a PM that I wouldn't tell what school he went to.

I am very sorry, Blackeagle. Truly.

In my defense, I would only say that the name of the school had already come out here at the Café, so I didn't think it was a secret anymore. Still, I shouldn't have said the name in public after saying in private that I wouldn't.

To make up for it, Blackeagle, I'll PM you with what I saw in your video that sucked, and maybe it will help you in your attempts at perfection. I truly hope you achieve it. But you aren't there yet. Neither am I; hence the apology.

(Just be aware that this is only the second week of the semester here in Germany, so I am exceedingly busy. It may be a few days or even a week or two before that PM comes. Still, I'd appreciate it if you didn't quote it in public. As Kcg5 said, it's bad form.)
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-11-01 15:30, stoneunhinged wrote:
Blackeagle is 100% right, and I must apologize: I did indeed tell him in a PM that I wouldn't tell what school he went to.

I am very sorry, Blackeagle. Truly.

In my defense, I would only say that the name of the school had already come out here at the Café, so I didn't think it was a secret anymore. Still, I shouldn't have said the name in public after saying in private that I wouldn't.

To make up for it, Blackeagle, I'll PM you with what I saw in your video that sucked, and maybe it will help you in your attempts at perfection. I truly hope you achieve it. But you aren't there yet. Neither am I; hence the apology.

(Just be aware that this is only the second week of the semester here in Germany, so I am exceedingly busy. It may be a few days or even a week or two before that PM comes. Still, I'd appreciate it if you didn't quote it in public. As Kcg5 said, it's bad form.)

I have been out of line many times at the Café. I wish I could take back many things I have said. I don't want to be that bratty kid that I made myself become. Anyway thank you for that. I am sure you understand that when I felt betrayed my frustration led me to quoting the PM. Though its not right on my part, I was mad and I was out of line.

I think this topic is done with.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Dude, how did you become such a lightning rod in the span of 165 posts?
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-11-01 17:05, Marlin1894 wrote:
Dude, how did you become such a lightning rod in the span of 165 posts?

Ha. During the summer I would party at night and once I got back home I would get on the Café after having a few.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Quote:
On 2010-10-31 22:57, blackeagle wrote:
Actually forget it. This is stupid. I am done here.


Who else makes this type statement then continues to post?Again I ask, are they one in the same?
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Again - MickeyPainless!


blackeagle is NOT GLENN BISHOP!

Cheers!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-10-26 23:02, Chris Bruce wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-26 17:27, acesover wrote:
Blackeagle,

Was that you in the vid? Just checking.

Now tell the truth or be punished by the card gods.

Because the card gods know. Smile


I can assure you that was blackeagle in that vid. Good job to him.

cb


Maybe it is just me. But why would Blackegle pick that song when he is a young gun? I may be one of a suspicious nature but if it was me doing that vid I would have included a few things to make it more believable that it was actually me. Such as something somewhere in the vid with a refrence to myself such as a sign with my name on it or my name in the credits or just mentioning in the vid "this is blackeagle" and I would definitely not use a song from the 50's. Again it is probably just me but again I am of a suspicions nature after all I have been through in life.

Also no cast on you (Bruce) but how can you assure me that it is blackeagle? Did you see him make the vid? Where you there? Do you know him personally? Why should I believe you? That last question is not meant to be inflamatory of you but just asking why should I be assured that what "you" posted is fact? Do you have some sort of reputation that I do not know about? It is like me telling someone that I can assure them of something..who the heck is acesover. The moon is made of green cheese I can assure you of that. Does that statement make it gospel? Just wondering so why should I be assured?

Not picking on you but when one posts something like that (I can assure you) they should have a reason for doing so that can be backed. While it well may have been him I just feel that there were to many opportunities to make it more believable and they were not utilized. If it was me I definitely would have mentioned in the vid my name and used a prop showing proof such as a sign and even I would have used newer music. Not saying the music was bad just really not what I would have picked however that is a ll a matter of taste. Actually I remember the song from a long long time ago. It may have been entitled "Mambo Italiano", a very catchy tune. Does anyone here remember the "Mambo"?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1907 Posts

Profile of iamslow
People are getting fooled by a donkey...
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Right, and maybe I'm the real ass, because I fulfilled my promise and PMd blackeagle what I saw in his video.
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-11-02 11:20, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-26 23:02, Chris Bruce wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-26 17:27, acesover wrote:
Blackeagle,

Was that you in the vid? Just checking.

Now tell the truth or be punished by the card gods.

Because the card gods know. Smile


I can assure you that was blackeagle in that vid. Good job to him.

cb


Maybe it is just me. But why would Blackegle pick that song when he is a young gun? I may be one of a suspicious nature but if it was me doing that vid I would have included a few things to make it more believable that it was actually me. Such as something somewhere in the vid with a refrence to myself such as a sign with my name on it or my name in the credits or just mentioning in the vid "this is blackeagle" and I would definitely not use a song from the 50's. Again it is probably just me but again I am of a suspicions nature after all I have been through in life.

Also no cast on you (Bruce) but how can you assure me that it is blackeagle? Did you see him make the vid? Where you there? Do you know him personally? Why should I believe you? That last question is not meant to be inflamatory of you but just asking why should I be assured that what "you" posted is fact? Do you have some sort of reputation that I do not know about? It is like me telling someone that I can assure them of something..who the heck is acesover. The moon is made of green cheese I can assure you of that. Does that statement make it gospel? Just wondering so why should I be assured?

Not picking on you but when one posts something like that (I can assure you) they should have a reason for doing so that can be backed. While it well may have been him I just feel that there were to many opportunities to make it more believable and they were not utilized. If it was me I definitely would have mentioned in the vid my name and used a prop showing proof such as a sign and even I would have used newer music. Not saying the music was bad just really not what I would have picked however that is a ll a matter of taste. Actually I remember the song from a long long time ago. It may have been entitled "Mambo Italiano", a very catchy tune. Does anyone here remember the "Mambo"?

I can assure you that it was me in that video

Cheers!
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
And I can assure you that it was NOT me in that video!

Best ahead!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Blackeagle,

Your comment saying, " I can assure you that it was me in that video" remind me of some magic advertising I read. While it may be the truth, it is not what it seems. By that I mean that the vid we saw was not made recently or made for the members of The Café. It was made a while ago with a crap camera and probably some editing and production tools such as the borders and the music. It was not made recently or for the members of The Café. Ha, Ha I can assure you of this.

However I do believe bish the magish that it was not made by him. While I cannot assure you of this I would bet on it.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-11-02 17:42, acesover wrote:
Blackeagle,

Your comment saying, " I can assure you that it was me in that video" remind me of some magic advertising I read. While it may be the truth, it is not what it seems. By that I mean that the vid we saw was not made recently or made for the members of The Café. It was made a while ago with a crap camera and probably some editing and production tools such as the borders and the music. It was not made recently or for the members of The Café. Ha, Ha I can assure you of this.

However I do believe bish the magish that it was not made by him. While I cannot assure you of this I would bet on it.

it was made on my new poker table which I recently bought. Remember my first post. Ya, that table
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2010-11-02 17:42, acesover wrote:
However I do believe bish the magish that it was not made by him. While I cannot assure you of this I would bet on it.

Oh - I can assure everyone of this - and that Glenn Bishop is not blackeagle.

To me the idea of me having more than one screen name is very silly. I like magicians knowing who I am - and my work - even if they do not agree with me or like me or my work - we all have different ways of doing things just as we all have an opinion.

Best ahead!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
You got me Enzo.

Get over it Glen.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!



"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Kcg5

Glenn as in Glenn Bishop is spelled with 2 n's.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Ggggeeeeetttttt oooovvvvvveeeerrrrrrr iiiiiiiiiiittttttttt
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!



"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Oh - like that is going to happen kcg5

Glenn Bishop is still not blackeagle - and Glenn Bishop still spells his name with 2 n's.

Best ahead!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Home Game (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL