The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Home Game (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Actually selling pizza by the slice, and beer by the bottle (or can) is quite a clean way to run it.

Just don't price the pizza at $10.00 a slice Smile

Try whip-sawing the crap out of the fish with your partner before you start making moves though.........tell us how it goes.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
At some point, you are going to have to get over the whole aversion to plastic cards, the wpt bee's arent the be all end all. You are only dealing? The more things you add to this the more suspicious I would be playing. However, I didn't know in my years at school what I know now.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 12:49, silverking wrote:
Actually selling pizza by the slice, and beer by the bottle (or can) is quite a clean way to run it.

Just don't price the pizza at $10.00 a slice Smile

Try whip-sawing the crap out of the fish with your partner before you start making moves though.........tell us how it goes.

I can't really whip-saw if I am dealing.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
You're going to deal every hand?
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1252 Posts

Profile of splice
I know I'd be very suspicious of an unraked game with an unpaid dealer. On the other hand, anything that would make me think the dealer is on the up and up would make the game illegal where I am, although ironically one I would prefer to play over a suspect game.
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 14:23, splice wrote:
I know I'd be very suspicious of an unraked game with an unpaid dealer. On the other hand, anything that would make me think the dealer is on the up and up would make the game illegal where I am, although ironically one I would prefer to play over a suspect game.

You guys must understand that most of you are "in the know" and would be suspicious of any awkward mood. However, I am not worried about being suspected of cheating because I have insurance. What is this insurance you might ask? I have a poker size cut card. Thus I off a the person right of the dealer for a cut by either having them place the cut card into the deck and I complete the cut or having them cut onto the cut card. It destroys the poker players reasons to suspect cheating drastically. Even though a Greek deal could still be accomplished with a cut card, in lay man terms they believe all bottom dealing is out of the question. When I deal I make emphasis that every card comes off the top of the deck without any shaky moves. And remember I am playing with college kids. If I were to use my Greek deal in this situation, it would be like going after a fly with a bazooka. Just a few well placed cards to give my partner a slight edge in a couple of hands and that's it. My partner won't be the biggest winner ever night. Hell he probably won't be the biggest winner ever. But we'll spit a c-note or two 70-30.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 3:38pm
I typed that so fast cause I was in a hurry that I made a lot of spelling errors. But I would offer the players for a cut
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1907 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I wouldn't worry too much about anything.... anyone that allows me a 10% rake on a .25-.50 for feeding them some pizza can play poker at my place anytime... you wouldn't even have to cheat... with that much rake, you just gotta deal like those cards are on fire and the cash will come... as far as your dealing speed, that's something I cannot answer for you... I would avoid serving alcohol, instead make everyone bring their own...
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Holy ****tttttt my table just came. It is soooo legit. It even has a place to take a rake. A slip thing. Ill charge 10 for food and drink. No actual rake.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
http://www.homepokertourney.com/

Good luck and ... shuffle up and deal!
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
The more emphasis you put on a cut card, its purpose, and tell them all the cards are coming off the top, you are....

uhrenschmied
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of uhrenschmied
Buy personalised Poker Chips.

Regards,
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-09-03 07:37, uhrenschmied wrote:
Buy personalised Poker Chips.

Regards,

Heh heh.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
the dealer
View Profile
Regular user
las vegas
190 Posts

Profile of the dealer
I havent read any of the other replys in here...if you decide to go with starting a game, make sure you have a skillful and knowledgable dealer...familiarize yourself with poker rules as well, I don't mean just game rules, rules as if you were a floorman of a poker room, you don't want things escalating...i havent seen what your poker table looks like, just be sure you DO NOT have a drop box for your rake, put the rake in the dealers box...alcohol and coke...you don't really need any food. use kem cards, they last longer...and you can wash them.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2010-09-05 00:50, the mnemonist wrote:
I havent read any of the other replys in here...if you decide to go with starting a game, make sure you have a skillful and knowledgable dealer...familiarize yourself with poker rules as well, I don't mean just game rules, rules as if you were a floorman of a poker room, you don't want things escalating...i havent seen what your poker table looks like, just be sure you DO NOT have a drop box for your rake, put the rake in the dealers box...alcohol and coke...you don't really need any food. use kem cards, they last longer...and you can wash them.

lol.

the dealer
View Profile
Regular user
las vegas
190 Posts

Profile of the dealer
Lol?
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
No offense to you, only an Lol because you said to do everything he is planning on doing.

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 11:25, kcg5 wrote:
No offense to you, only an Lol because you said to do everything he is planning on doing.

Yeah, but when someone writes something like this:

Quote:
I havent read any of the other replys in here...

...then I don't really think you ought to be worried about offending him.

In fact, when someone writes something like:

Quote:

...then I actually get the urge to cause offense.

Please be offended, dear "mnemonist", when I say that I do not appreciate you coming here and saying,

Quote:

BTW: "havent" should read "haven't", and "replys" should read "replies". But that's just a tiny thing that could be overlooked.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Once again, you and I c I 2 I.

When I first read his comment, my impulse was to make a really smarmy comment-then I realized he said he hadn't read the thread. I did find it funny that he told the OP to do everything he IS planning to do...

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Really? Reading over the thread, that's the guy you feel inclined to rip?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Home Game (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL