The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Home Game (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
I still don't see it as a rip... It was more of a laugh to myself, as he said not to do all the things the OP is going to do. It has nothing to do with his intentions. I think we can all agree this thing is a joke.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!



"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
the dealer
View Profile
Regular user
las vegas
190 Posts

Profile of the dealer
Hahaha....this "stone" guy made the effort to try an offend someone, also, seems as if this guy is a professional spell checker, really? at your age, you have nothing else better to do? I don't read REPLYS because of people like you. I don't need to read any of them, all I have to do is answer and HELP the original poster. seems that kcg5 is the only one with a sense of humor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 17:04, the mnemonist wrote:
Hahaha....this "stone" guy made the effort to try an offend someone, also, seems as if this guy is a professional spell checker, really? at your age, you have nothing else better to do? I don't read REPLYS because of people like you. I don't need to read any of them, all I have to do is answer and HELP the original poster. seems that kcg5 is the only one with a sense of humor.


Don't worry too much about the OP; he's not interested in running home game in the sense of playing poker - he's trying to create a front to rip off his classmates and acquaintances.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
the dealer
View Profile
Regular user
las vegas
190 Posts

Profile of the dealer
You know...the more I think about it. maybe youre right...
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
As James Cagney once said, "You are going to get whats coming to you". Or words to that effect. That statement applies to blackeagle.

I guess it is just me but I feel that someone who is planning to rip off and steal from his fellow classmates does not warrant any info I could give him. I truly think he is ...well let me stop here so this post does not get deleted.

Just my thoughts.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Enzo
View Profile
Loyal user
CA
248 Posts

Profile of Enzo
Yeah. My first reaction was "don't sh*t where you eat"...
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 23:51, acesover wrote:
As James Cagney once said, "You are going to get whats coming to you". Or words to that effect. That statement applies to blackeagle.

I guess it is just me but I feel that someone who is planning to rip off and steal from his fellow classmates does not warrant any info I could give him. I truly think he is ...well let me stop here so this post does not get deleted.

Just my thoughts.

Where do morals play a role in the Gambling section of this forum. Is it wrong for me to assume that most people here would not think twice about cheating a fish out of a few bucks. Do you actually think we talk about riffle stacking, bottom dealing, seconds...... just for sport? Collusion is just as bad as a bottom deal. Its all forms of cheating.
And I will never be caught. End of story.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 17:04, the mnemonist wrote:
...seems that kcg5 is the only one with a sense of humor....


You may be right.

the "stone guy"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 11:00, blackeagle wrote:

Where do morals play a role in the Gambling section of this forum. Is it wrong for me to assume that most people here would not think twice about cheating a fish out of a few bucks. Do you actually think we talk about riffle stacking, bottom dealing, seconds...... just for sport? Collusion is just as bad as a bottom deal. Its all forms of cheating.
And I will never be caught. End of story.


Good question. I hope you're wrong to assume that most people here would not think twice, but who knows? Why wouldn't they play a role here, anyway? Morals pertain to life in general. As someone who's made money gambling over the last 25 years or, I can tell you cheating has had nothing to do with it, including collusion.

Apart from cheating or sport, there's also...entertainment. You know, for the magicians among us.

And maybe you'll never be caught. Although, prisons and hospitals are lined with people who thought they'd never be caught. On the other hand, I believe it was Harry Lorayne who said, when discussing a magic trick, that it's important that the audience never "suspect, let alone detect" that something fishy has transpired. You can deal perfect seconds all you want, but after one too many really bad beats...who knows?

Of course, you don't have to get caught cheating to get caught gambling on campus and lose that scholarship of yours. Call me a romantic, but some of us still believe in poetic justice.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I wish Doc would check in here!
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
For the record, "mnemonist"-I think you and Stuoneunhinged" got off on the wrong foot. Give this stone person a chance, he is a cool dude. I have been not taking this thread seriously the whole time. Eagle, "I will never be caught" yeah, well I have no comment about that. I'm not so much taking about morals per se, just that here you are, in college and you plan on cheating some kids outta their lunch money (a bigggg 40$ buy in..)-If you don't see whats wrong with your game you are blind. I doubt your college has a Vegas-like atmosphere.

And Mick.....I really hope he stays away.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!



"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Anyway, I can make 1-2 hundred a night if I take a rake of 5% with a min buy in of 60 and 1/2 blinds. And I could cheat like once a night with a partner. Not gonna get caught .
satoeri
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of satoeri
I have seen kids failed by professors, put on academic probation, scholarships canceled, and even kids kicked out of their department for thinking they were too smart or too good to get caught at something.

I have also seen kids the sh*t kicked out of them for pulling fast ones on people they didn't truly know.

The difference between those kids' attitudes and the one that you are displaying in your last few posts... nothing.

I am not going to lecture on using your skills in a game, and the morality / ethics behind it. But, there are definitely smarter ways to go about it.

And, if you are truly that hungry to make an extra 100 dollars per home game from a rake and an occasional cheat, well... that is just hasty youth being hasty youth, and the only way to learn is to make wrong decisions.

Hopefully nothing too bad comes from it.
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 12:57, satoeri wrote:
I have seen kids failed by professors, put on academic probation, scholarships canceled, and even kids kicked out of their department for thinking they were too smart or too good to get caught at something.

I have also seen kids the sh*t kicked out of them for pulling fast ones on people they didn't truly know.

The difference between those kids' attitudes and the one that you are displaying in your last few posts... nothing.

I am not going to lecture on using your skills in a game, and the morality / ethics behind it. But, there are definitely smarter ways to go about it.

And, if you are truly that hungry to make an extra 100 dollars per home game from a rake and an occasional cheat, well... that is just hasty youth being hasty youth, and the only way to learn is to make wrong decisions.

Hopefully nothing too bad comes from it.

Ok then, exactly what would be the safest way to make a profit while running a game?
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
I think pointed moralizing about a subject that requires deep research conducted over a long period of time (just to discover the basics) probably makes that "pointed moralizing" not the best method used to further that research and discovery.

Guys like Tony Giorgio have written repeatedly that there are guys who just "know", and there are guys who "know and move".
I see moralizing posts directed to guys who move in this particular forum as putting up an unasked for barrier to further knowledge.

If you want to be the this decades "new" Mason Long, there's lots of places to do that......but I don't see the Gambling Spot as being one of those places.

.........or in the words of one more well placed in history than I "We have neither grievance against the fraternity nor sympathy for its so called victims".
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1252 Posts

Profile of splice
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 12:53, MickeyPainless wrote:
I wish Doc would check in here!


Why? Didn't he say that real cheats never get caught? I'm SURE that as an experienced hustler, he always told us and repeated many times that real cheats never, ever get caught, especially if they're confident.

The safest profit in a game is found by being the house and charging a rake. Sure, it's illegal, like cheating, but you won't get beat up over it, and it's a sure thing.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I just thought Doc might add some interesting "thoughs and opinions" Smile to this topic! Maybe I'm wrong!

Here again I may be wrong, but I think a little bit of humility might go a long way in this young mans process! Blatantly stating "I'll NEVER get caught" IMO is akin to the martial artist that just got his black belt thinking/stating he'll never get his butt kicked now! There's ALWAYS someone bigger and badder just waiting to take ya out! Just assumming you are cheating might be enough for some people to fly off the handle!
Even though you may not take a whoopin (this time) doesn't mean that it won't be spread like wild fire that you're (maybe) running a crooked game!

I saw a guy get popped mucking cards in a "friendly" game back when I was in the Navy (30 odd years ago) and the butt whippin he took was pretty nasty! This was over a rather small pot too!

Just be careful!

MMc
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 18:12, MickeyPainless wrote:
I just thought Doc might add some interesting "thoughs and opinions" Smile to this topic! Maybe I'm wrong!

Here again I may be wrong, but I think a little bit of humility might go a long way in this young mans process! Blatantly stating "I'll NEVER get caught" IMO is akin to the martial artist that just got his black belt thinking/stating he'll never get his butt kicked now! There's ALWAYS someone bigger and badder just waiting to take ya out! Just assumming you are cheating might be enough for some people to fly off the handle!
Even though you may not take a whoopin (this time) doesn't mean that it won't be spread like wild fire that you're (maybe) running a crooked game!

I saw a guy get popped mucking cards in a "friendly" game back when I was in the Navy (30 odd years ago) and the butt whippin he took was pretty nasty! This was over a rather small pot too!

Just be careful!

MMc

Then again ..... he was mucking. that's something you can get caught red handed with.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
You've obviously missed my point!

Good luck to ya,

MMc
satoeri
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of satoeri
Taking a rake in whichever shape way or form that you choose is ok since you got the table, you are setting everything up, you are the host. You deserve a little bit for your time.

But, going into it planning to cheat a bit with the mentality "I will never get caught", is either A: The required confidence in your skill you should have to pull off the cheat undetected, or B: misplaced confidence and a cocky attitude.

I get the feeling that a lot of the people reading this thread feel more of a B from the previous two choices.

If you want a safer way to get money from hosting a home game, then 1: take a rake in a way that everyone agrees and hopefully the University and or Cops don't find out and get ****ed and 2: play good poker - play smart poker.

Rely on your poker skills, not your cheating skills.

If you are already set on cheating regardless, there is no point really in continuing this thread.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Home Game (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL