The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Home Game (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
All of this preaching and warning to a kid who wants to cheat college kids playing .25-.50! Save the serious talk for serious people.

Have fun with it blackeagle. That'd be my advice. For those stakes you'd probably make more money pan-handling on the street during a busy weekend. Do what makes ya happy.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
774 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
I think this is one of those kids (like many who come here) who has romanticized the character of a cheat. He seems more interested in being a cheat than in the money he can make from it (not that I actually believe he will do anything he posts). It is those ones who get off on the idea that they are slick, and are getting something over on someone that always get their *** whooped. They are unable to avoid looking smug as they get a move off and they really want credit for it. Instead of their cheating being a secret there is almost always someone else that knows the play because the cheater wants their street cred'.
Anyone who thinks of the old cliche: "cheating for fun and profit" has misunderstood the situation... Cheating is only for profit.
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 11:45, The Dowser wrote:
I think this is one of those kids (like many who come here) who has romanticized the character of a cheat. He seems more interested in being a cheat than in the money he can make from it (not that I actually believe he will do anything he posts). It is those ones who get off on the idea that they are slick, and are getting something over on someone that always get their *** whooped. They are unable to avoid looking smug as they get a move off and they really want credit for it. Instead of their cheating being a secret there is almost always someone else that knows the play because the cheater wants their street cred'.
Anyone who thinks of the old cliche: "cheating for fun and profit" has misunderstood the situation... Cheating is only for profit.

Well, I guess I haven't represented myself well on these forums. I'll just take advice that applies to me. I think people underestimate my abilities which is a reasonable thought because so many people come to this forum claiming so much yet never showing anything.

Its ok guys, I understand.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Or, people think you are just a cocky kid, who thinks no one or nothing can stop him. Close?

But, obviously, there is nothing to be done.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 14:43, kcg5 wrote:
Or, people think you are just a cocky kid, who thinks no one or nothing can stop him. Close?

But, obviously, there is nothing to be done.

I am cocky cause I have been doing this for a whole 8 months. Duh!
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 14:09, blackeagle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 11:45, The Dowser wrote:

Well, I guess I haven't represented myself well on these forums. I'll just take advice that applies to me. I think people underestimate my abilities which is a reasonable thought because so many people come to this forum claiming so much yet never showing anything.

Its ok guys, I understand.

Well, "chillness01," it's a ridiculous thread in the first place, therefore it got the appropriate response. Like most cocky young guys any criticism you receive is instantly dismissed as a knock on your supposed skill by envious, less talented folk.

For a guy who says he goes to "one of the 50 best private schools in the country," are we really to believe he needs help in setting up a penny-ante poker game? A 3rd-grader could do that.

What I think you're really looking for here is a pat on the back, an ego-stroke. That is pretty apparent to me from your posts. You don't strike me as a serious student intent on learning. If you were you'd have learned a little humility, rather than resorting to phony posturing and bragging. You've made statements on here that reveal you don't have a clue what you're talking about, but rather than admit that fact you come back and mock anything said to you.

You're not serious so don't expect to be taken seriously.
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 14:50, Mr. Z wrote:

Well, "chillness01,"

Hey how did you find out my real name!!
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 14:58, blackeagle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 14:50, Mr. Z wrote:

Well, "chillness01,"

Hey how did you find out my real name!!

It was a toss-up between that and goober69.
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 18:12, MickeyPainless wrote:
I just thought Doc might add some interesting "thoughs and opinions" Smile to this topic! Maybe I'm wrong!

Here again I may be wrong, but I think a little bit of humility might go a long way in this young mans process! Blatantly stating "I'll NEVER get caught" IMO is akin to the martial artist that just got his black belt thinking/stating he'll never get his butt kicked now! There's ALWAYS someone bigger and badder just waiting to take ya out! Just assumming you are cheating might be enough for some people to fly off the handle!
Even though you may not take a whoopin (this time) doesn't mean that it won't be spread like wild fire that you're (maybe) running a crooked game!

I saw a guy get popped mucking cards in a "friendly" game back when I was in the Navy (30 odd years ago) and the butt whippin he took was pretty nasty! This was over a rather small pot too!

Just be careful!

MMc

In fact, when I was in the Corps I've seen guys throw down over possible cheating (signaling by sailing the cards) in games of Spades where there was NO money involved! And everyone was sober at the time. Imagine if money and alcohol are involved.

Mr. I-Go-To-One-Of-The-50-Top-Private-Colleges-In-The-Country (which is nice way of saying that he goes to a second or third-tier school!), I'd be REAL careful if I were you.

While I don't know what the laws are in your state, anonymous tips of illegal activity are considered probably cause under the U.S. Constitution and probably your state's constitution as well. Especially if the cops who bust you also say they witnessed "suspicious behavior".

Anyway, PC only helps you in court. By that I mean, you will STILL get arrested and go through the joy of spending a night or weekend in lockup. Even if your lawyer wins a suppression hearing -- which might cost you $5,000 to $10,000 if you have a good lawyer -- you will most likely still have that arrest on your record for the rest of your life since expungement is not a given in most states.

Then you have your school to deal with, which is not constrained by due process and the constitution and which can -- and probably will -- kick you out when the disciplinary board believes you were engaging in illegal behavior.

But besides all that, your plan sounds like a winner!
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 15:37, Magic Marine wrote:
Quote:
I just thought Doc might add some interesting "thoughs and opinions" Smile to this topic! Maybe I'm wrong!

Here again I may be wrong, but I think a little bit of humility might go a long way in this young mans process! Blatantly stating "I'll NEVER get caught" IMO is akin to the martial artist that just got his black belt thinking/stating he'll never get his butt kicked now! There's ALWAYS someone bigger and badder just waiting to take ya out! Just assumming you are cheating might be enough for some people to fly off the handle!
Even though you may not take a whoopin (this time) doesn't mean that it won't be spread like wild fire that you're (maybe) running a crooked game!

I saw a guy get popped mucking cards in a "friendly" game back when I was in the Navy (30 odd years ago) and the butt whippin he took was pretty nasty! This was over a rather small pot too!

Just be careful!

MMc

In fact, when I was in the Corps I've seen guys throw down over possible cheating (signaling by sailing the cards) in games of Spades where there was NO money involved! And everyone was sober at the time. Imagine if money and alcohol are involved.

Mr. I-Go-To-One-Of-The-50-Top-Private-Colleges-In-The-Country (which is nice way of saying that he goes to a second or third-tier school!), I'd be REAL careful if I were you.

While I don't know what the laws are in your state, anonymous tips of illegal activity are considered probably cause under the U.S. Constitution and probably your state's constitution as well. Especially if the cops who bust you also say they witnessed "suspicious behavior".

Anyway, PC only helps you in court. By that I mean, you will STILL get arrested and go through the joy of spending a night or weekend in lockup. Even if your lawyer wins a suppression hearing -- which might cost you $5,000 to $10,000 if you have a good lawyer -- you will most likely still have that arrest on your record for the rest of your life since expungement is not a given in most states.

Then you have your school to deal with, which is not constrained by due process and the constitution and which can -- and probably will -- kick you out when the disciplinary board believes you were engaging in illegal behavior.

An anonymous tip alone is not probable cause. In order for any tip to be considered probable cause, it would require some type of corroboration.

The provisions of the US Constitution are the same in all states.
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
Sounds like you're all set to go then. Have at it!
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
I am officially a regular user! yay
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Blackeagle...Just one word of advise. Be prepared to have your game robbed. If you are cheating and running an illegal game odds are you are going to be knocked off by someone as unscrouplous as yourself. Once you are robbed you have no recourse. Unless you go to the police and tell them your game was robbed..wait is that a good idea.

Seriously wake up and smell the roses you are living in a fantasy world. Take it from someone who knows about illegal but honest games. There are a few here that also know of those games of which I speak. Run an honest game, take a small rake and run a book. If the college is as ritzy as you claim you will be surprised at what you can make. Follow the direction you are now and assume GREAT risk to both your health and reputation.

I said I woudl not give any advise to you but I had to state the above.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
You guys are reading into this to much. It's a small game.

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 5:39pm
It's in a dorm too. No one is robbing anyone.
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 16:27, blackeagle wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just be careful!

MMc

An anonymous tip alone is not probable cause. In order for any tip to be considered probable cause, it would require some type of corroboration.

Deal in criminal law much? Been a lawyer for going on a decade and a half and I can assure you that cops will have PC once they show up and witness specific and articuable suspicious activity, which they will have – as if by magic – if they should so decide to raid your game. In most cases – but certainly not all – if their supposed specific and articuable suspicious activity can pass the laugh test the judge will believe them and not you when you claim that you weren’t engaging in any suspicious activity sufficient to support a claim of PC.

In any event, like I said before, fighting PC isn’t done on the scene, it is done at a suppression hearing down the road AFTER you’ve been arrested. So, depending on how your local jurisdiction operates and what time of day/evening you get arrested, you should probably assume you will spend a night in lockup before arraignment. If you get arrested on a Saturday night, you may spend two as most jurisdictions don’t have a duty judge hearing arraignments on Sundays. And even if you win, it will cost you some money for a suppression motion and hearing.

And I was talking about your state statutes and constitution when I said that I don’t know what the law is in your state, but I’ve got news for you: the US Constitution is NOT interpreted the same in all states or – more accurately – in all of the Federal Circuits. Some Circuits give greater latitude to police than others, and since few cases make it up to the Supreme Court on appeal, that greater latitude is the law of the land in the states in that Circuit (though you may have greater protection under your state constitution).

But as others have said, you’ve got it all figured out, so knock ‘em dead.
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 17:41, Magic Marine wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just be careful!

MMc

Deal in criminal law much? Been a lawyer for going on a decade and a half and I can assure you that cops will have PC once they show up and witness specific and articuable suspicious activity, which they will have – as if by magic – if they should so decide to raid your game. In most cases – but certainly not all – if their supposed specific and articuable suspicious activity can pass the laugh test the judge will believe them and not you when you claim that you weren’t engaging in any suspicious activity sufficient to support a claim of PC.

In any event, like I said before, fighting PC isn’t done on the scene, it is done at a suppression hearing down the road AFTER you’ve been arrested. So, depending on how your local jurisdiction operates and what time of day/evening you get arrested, you should probably assume you will spend a night in lockup before arraignment. If you get arrested on a Saturday night, you may spend two as most jurisdictions don’t have a duty judge hearing arraignments on Sundays. And even if you win, it will cost you some money for a suppression motion and hearing.

And I was talking about your state statutes and constitution when I said that I don’t know what the law is in your state, but I’ve got news for you: the US Constitution is NOT interpreted the same in all states or – more accurately – in all of the Federal Circuits. Some Circuits give greater latitude to police than others, and since few cases make it up to the Supreme Court on appeal, that greater latitude is the law of the land in the states in that Circuit (though you may have greater protection under your state constitution).

But as others have said, you’ve got it all figured out, so knock ‘em dead.

You got it!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just be careful!

MMc

Non-governmental agents (e.g. resident housing supervisors, for instance) are not constrained by the Constitution to the extent that government actors are.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 17:39, blackeagle wrote:
Its in a dorm too. No one is robbing anyone.

It's a dorm game, no one is cheating either. Whoops I forgot...you are. Gee aren't you running the game.

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 6:10pm
Should have not stuck my nose here in the first place. I should know better.

As Nike used to say "Just do it". See how well it worked our for Tiger.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
satoeri
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of satoeri
SUMMARY of OP's Plan:

- Host a private GAMBLING game in a University Dormitory (not the most private place one could think of heh?)

- Try to make a definite profit by pulling in some kind of rake.

- Planning to cheat and will NEVER get caught because he has proved his skills in camera (unlike the rest of us).

Pointless information added in various posts:
1: He goes to one of the best private schools in the nation.
2: It is only a .25-.50 and then a 1 - 2 game so no biggie (he forgets that money is money and gambling is gambling)

Information he should really think of:
A: Himself and most likely others at the table will be around 18 (not sure on legal gambling age in your state).
B: Illegal gambling outside of a licensed establishment on private property that is not your own... is well... you do the research.
C: Ultimately, if you had the competence to pull all of this off and successfully make a profit from each game, you would not be discussing it in this manner on a web-forum, you would just be doing it. Your presence in this thread is proof enough to the rest of us that you are going to fail miserably.
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 01:48, satoeri wrote:
SUMMARY of OP's Plan:

- Host a private GAMBLING game in a University Dormitory (not the most private place one could think of heh?)

- Try to make a definite profit by pulling in some kind of rake.

- Planning to cheat and will NEVER get caught because he has proved his skills in camera (unlike the rest of us).

Pointless information added in various posts:
1: He goes to one of the best private schools in the nation.
2: It is only a .25-.50 and then a 1 - 2 game so no biggie (he forgets that money is money and gambling is gambling)

Information he should really think of:
A: Himself and most likely others at the table will be around 18 (not sure on legal gambling age in your state).
B: Illegal gambling outside of a licensed establishment on private property that is not your own... is well... you do the research.
C: Ultimately, if you had the competence to pull all of this off and successfully make a profit from each game, you would not be discussing it in this manner on a web-forum, you would just be doing it. Your presence in this thread is proof enough to the rest of us that you are going to fail miserably.

Ok. I said I go to a nice expensive college so I can justify make the games 1-2. Now for some worthless information, I only pay half tuition. Being a Division 1 recruit has its benefits.

Lets end this talk now. Ill post up on my progress. Hell I'll record off my laptop from a corner if someone would like to watch of skype. I am stoked! you guys are just a bunch of geezers. Its ok, college wasn't stressed enough growing up when you guys were younger. Its not your fault.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Home Game (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.46 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL