The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Home Game (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Kimura
View Profile
Elite user
500 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Cannot wait to see blackeagle get knocked down a peg or three Smile

Should give all the "geezers" here a nice laugh.
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 04:15, Kimura wrote:

It seems as if you guys no longer are giving me advise rather hoping that it fails. that's lame.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1252 Posts

Profile of splice
It seems as if you're more interested in lecturing us on how you know better than everyone else rather than listening to the advice of those who have gone before. That's dumb, but then again, you're a college kid.

Go and get your face broken for the geezers. It's for the common good after all.
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 07:29, splice wrote:
It seems as if you're more interested in lecturing us on how you know better than everyone else rather than listening to the advice of those who have gone before. That's dumb, but then again, you're a college kid.

Go and get your face broken for the geezers. It's for the common good after all.

Splice,
Every lawyer I know LOVE guys like this. How do you think we put OUR kids through expensive private universities?
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 03:26, blackeagle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 01:48, satoeri wrote:
SUMMARY of OP's Plan:

- Host a private GAMBLING game in a University Dormitory (not the most private place one could think of heh?)

- Try to make a definite profit by pulling in some kind of rake.

- Planning to cheat and will NEVER get caught because he has proved his skills in camera (unlike the rest of us).

Pointless information added in various posts:
1: He goes to one of the best private schools in the nation.
2: It is only a .25-.50 and then a 1 - 2 game so no biggie (he forgets that money is money and gambling is gambling)

Information he should really think of:
A: Himself and most likely others at the table will be around 18 (not sure on legal gambling age in your state).
B: Illegal gambling outside of a licensed establishment on private property that is not your own... is well... you do the research.
C: Ultimately, if you had the competence to pull all of this off and successfully make a profit from each game, you would not be discussing it in this manner on a web-forum, you would just be doing it. Your presence in this thread is proof enough to the rest of us that you are going to fail miserably.

Ok. I said I go to a nice expensive college so I can justify make the games 1-2. Now for some worthless information, I only pay half tuition. Being a Division 1 recruit has its benefits.

Lets end this talk now. Ill post up on my progress. Hell I'll record off my laptop from a corner if someone would like to watch of skype. I am stoked! you guys are just a bunch of geezers. Its ok, college wasn't stressed enough growing up when you guys were younger. Its not your fault.

Yes, put it on Skype, please!!!
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Enzo
View Profile
Loyal user
CA
248 Posts

Profile of Enzo
Quote:
proved his skills in camera

Well actually, I seem to remember from this thread, that the general consensus amongst the experts was that he was "on the right track". I think blackeagle's ok, but he just has to realize that being "on the right track" is a helluva long way from being good enough to risk cheating in a game you organize yourself in your own back yard...
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 05:10, blackeagle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 04:15, Kimura wrote:

It seems as if you guys no longer are giving me advise rather hoping that it fails. that's lame.

lol The cheater is miffed because he's not getting moral support? Nice.

I don't look at it as an either/or. I gave you advice, and I also hope you get caught, busted, & lose your scholarship. Keep us posted, though; it's good TV!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Why do I keep thinking about the scene in "Rounders" when they try to take down the police game? Maybe just a bit of sick fantasy!
Kimura
View Profile
Elite user
500 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 05:10, blackeagle wrote:

You've been given good advice by well-standing members of this community and then thrown it back in their faces with your cocky insults. They don't owe you a thing.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 16:12, MickeyPainless wrote:
Why do I keep thinking about the scene in "Rounders" when they try to take down the police game? Maybe just a bit of sick fantasy!

I love that scene, with respect to Ed Norton, anyway.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Dare I say this topic has been given more than enough attention.

......and since we've changed the subject to Rounders, which still means the subject can be poker.....has anybody read Doyle Brunson's autobiography?

Any comments on whether it's any good?
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 13:32, Enzo wrote:
Quote:
proved his skills in camera

Well actually, I seem to remember from this thread, that the general consensus amongst the experts was that he was "on the right track". I think blackeagle's ok, but he just has to realize that being "on the right track" is a helluva long way from being good enough to risk cheating in a game you organize yourself in your own back yard...

I like this guy. Thanks! I hate being a duesh on these forums but some people bring it out of me. If I could do it all over again I would be nicer. Anyway, good day!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Dealers Hand Book is a good book.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-09-10 17:31, silverking wrote:
......and since we've changed the subject to Rounders, which still means the subject can be poker.....has anybody read Doyle Brunson's autobiography?

The movie is on my coffee table ready to be watched this evening and the book is on my list of "Gotta Get and Read"!
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Pizza would be good. That table looks pretty awesome too. Have you had a lot of games on it?
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Blackeagle,

I have been involved in this thread and left it after a while but keep reading it. Having said that I believe that many of us here do not believe you should run a dishonest game. However that is your call.

You may or may not knonw of my background. I own 2 billiard parlors and what I shall call a small pool room. All 3 establishments have poker games (honest ones) along with pitch and rummy. A rake is taken on poker only but a seat at either pitch or rummy is $10 ( this can run from 7 p.m. till 3 a.m which includes sandwiches and soft drinks and snacks. Usuall only 6 to 8 players at these tables (but durinig the stretch there is usualy a turn of about 8 to 10 people. Pitch and rummy are self governed by the players, no dealer. Poker of course has a dealer. As you may or may not know I also run a football an baseball book along with the ponies (ponies are very small but a lot of old timers like them) and the usual pick cards.

Havinig said all of that I will tell you what would go a long way in believing you. That would be a vid of your moves. A long way in believing your skill as a card cheat. Not justifing your cheat scheme just seeing your skill. It would shut up many of us old geezers here if we saw your expertise with the pasteboards. Can you walk the walk?

WHAT DO YOU SAY? LETS SEE SOME SECONDS AND BOTTOMS AND OF COURSE YOUR RIFFLE STACKING.

Just a side note. That table will not hold up under a lot of use. I do not know how many hours a week your table is expected to be used but that is a home table not one for extended use.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 17:58, acesover wrote:
Blackeagle,

I have been involved in this thread and left it after a while but keep reading it. Having said that I believe that many of us here do not believe you should run a dishonest game. However that is your call.

You may or may not knonw of my background. I own 2 billiard parlors and what I shall call a small pool room. All 3 establishments have poker games (honest ones) along with pitch and rummy. A rake is taken on poker only but a seat at either pitch or rummy is $10 ( this can run from 7 p.m. till 3 a.m which includes sandwiches and soft drinks and snacks. Usuall only 6 to 8 players at these tables (but durinig the stretch there is usualy a turn of about 8 to 10 people. Pitch and rummy are self governed by the players, no dealer. Poker of course has a dealer. As you may or may not know I also run a football an baseball book along with the ponies (ponies are very small but a lot of old timers like them) and the usual pick cards.

Havinig said all of that I will tell you what would go a long way in believing you. That would be a vid of your moves. A long way in believing your skill as a card cheat. Not justifing your cheat scheme just seeing your skill. It would shut up many of us old geezers here if we saw your expertise with the pasteboards. Can you walk the walk?

WHAT DO YOU SAY? LETS SEE SOME SECONDS AND BOTTOMS AND OF COURSE YOUR RIFFLE STACKING.

Just a side note. That table will not hold up under a lot of use. I do not know how many hours a week your table is expected to be used but that is a home table not one for extended use.

My bottom deal is so so and my second deal is horrible. But a riffle stacking video is fine by me. I realized it is easier to cheat at other games too. I currently run a small honest game. However, I tend to collect the high value cards and keep that slung on top so players get higher valued cards thus bet more. Maybe that is cheating, I don't know. Put I play at some frat houses as well.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-09-29 19:55, blackeagle wrote:
Maybe that is cheating, I don't know.

Nobody's that dumb!
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 19:55, blackeagle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 17:58, acesover wrote:
Blackeagle,

My bottom deal is so so and my second deal is horrible. But a riffle stacking video is fine by me. I realized it is easier to cheat at other games too. I currently run a small honest game. However, I tend to collect the high value cards and keep that slung on top so players get higher valued cards thus bet more. Maybe that is cheating, I don't know. Put I play at some frat houses as well.

Well when the heck are you going to show us something? Or is this just more talk?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Home Game (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL