The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Dice Stacking on Minute to Win It (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2535 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Was watching Minute to win it last night and one of the games was dice stacking. I'm afraid this particular trick is going to become just like cup stacking.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I don't think so... none of the kid dice stackers I've seen know anything about color changes, loads, and magical effects.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Ivanovich
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee
3 Posts

Profile of Ivanovich
I've been doing dice stacking as part of my show for years at the magic bar (with lemon loads at the finish). It's built as a challenge bar bet that gets progressively more difficult, and ends with the traditional dice stack. I took Simon Lovell's advice here - build it up, make it impossible, do it ONCE, and get out a hero.

For years it has been a great bit that has played strong and can run 10 minutes with lots of audience interaction.

But since it has been on Minute to Win It (and I guess it has been repeated several times), I'm thinking that I need to drop this bit from the act. Instead of going for the build, people jump directly to the end where they try to swirl the dice quickly in the cup. Of course, this will never work. But if someone sees it on TV, they believe it to be true.

The ability to build to the climax is gone. The repeated large loads at the end was the "magic" in a juggling routine. But the stacking the dice was the "No way!" moment from the audience.

Penn Jillette said, that TV eats its young. I think this is a case of that and I need to retire this piece for a few years. It's not like I'm lacking for material. But I hate to see a good piece go by the wayside like this.

Chris
The plan was simple. Unfortunately, so was Bullwinkle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Dice Stacking on Minute to Win It (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL