The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Zibits at the Holiday Bazaar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay Jennings
View Profile
Loyal user
Scottsdale, AZ
249 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
There are several very large Christmas bazaars coming up in my area. If I could get the people in charge to let me and my zibit in, would I want that?

Has anyone done a zibit in a "craft fair" type situation?

Jay Jennings
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I remember Doug saying something about don't show a Zibit at a Chili Cook-off, they are there for chili, not much else. I think the same might apply here.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2438 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
"Santa! Isn't he sweet? And angels! They're beautiful! Just listen to those bells [*sigh*]. This is such a lovely season. Oh, and look ... an Atomic Death Worm!"

Naaah, even if you could get in, this could get pretty ugly.

On the other hand, if you called it a mutant zombie angel ... maybe???
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hahaha
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Craft Fairs over here are great for the alternative (I worked for the biggest Four Seasons Events) For over 20 years (Guess what ,they were run and set up by a Yank !

Take it out of the Midway fashion, upgrade your spiel and presentation to that of a proffessor and give it a go.

A little light releif at a Craft Fair could earn well.

Ken.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2438 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Kondini - you gave me a big flash of awareness with that post.

When I posted my jocular response above, I meant it and I stand by it ... but you forced me to "think out of the box" about my mental image of where such a show could fit.

Thanks!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
The thing from Santa's beard...
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST ...ON THE INSIDE...HERE....NOW!
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
It depends upon the demographic of the crafters who attend. I had a miserable day (barely covered expenses for a full day of work) at what I thought would be a local Fringe craft fair. This wasn't the younger Fringe crowd, it was the group of aging hippies who associate sideshow with exploitation and ripoff. These are the people who have actively worked to make this particular aspect of entertainment disappear from the American landscape.

I would always check the demographic of the target audience before setting up at any type of cultural or craft fair.

Chris
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
You also need to make sure that you demographic also has money in its pocket after paying to get in. This looks like a "Well, duh!" statement, but many convention organizers with vendor rooms don't get this and the vendors end up being miserable as a result. I've seen this happen many times.

Chris
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Keep in mind 'they' sell Jewelry made from Reindeer poop. A tongue firmly planted in cheek goes a long way sometimes.

Many forget that these Zibits of mine are ludicrous from the get go so a slight tip over the edge toward humor is not incorrect.

BUT...Handa is absolutely correct. The Hippie/Progressives frankly SUCK as a crowd. This is why I shunned the Art shows as well. My opinion is you'ld be blowing your money on a USA Christmas Bazarr...unless it is themed for Pirates or some such. BEWARE THE SINGLE PURPOSE SHOWS.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Just got contracts back from Portsmouth Historical Dockyard,,,this is our 5th year working a Flea Circus and blowoff Zibb,,,they always ask for both !!

A massive Xmas Festival, entertainers, fairground, enactments etc all with the backdrop of historic Navy artifacts (My pitch is in the Museum bang in front of Nelsons HMS Victory). Craft by the thousands, food by the ton and people by mass.Put up in a top Hotel, and on top dosh.....so that`s what a Zibb can do over here in a craft fair type show.

Ken.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
But they're genuinely nuts over there Ken...good old fashioned folks out for a whopping good time, *** the torpedoes...here in the colonies we have the SNOB hippies and wannabe progressives that look down their noses at anything that might smack of un-pc...and 'they' congregate at the artsy fartsy confabs with their butts pinched tight. It's not what 'is' and what 'ain't'...it's more what it's 'supposed' to be and if it's percieved as not 'supposed to be' then it 'shouldn't be'.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Zibits at the Holiday Bazaar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL