The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The shell loversawsome new technique from / Bob Sheets ,Glen Morphew (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10608 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Awesome new 3 Shell DVD

I just recently got Bob’s 3 Shell Boot Camp from Glenn Morphew. In my opinion this is the fast track to learning advanced moves for the shell game. You get 3 bottle caps, a set of SFS peas and a DVD that runs 1 hour and 36 minutes.

The first part of the DVD teaches you how to use Bob Sheets’ One Minute Routine as a workout drill. By drilling Bob’s routine you’re drilling the pinch steal, acquitments, back clip steal, open hand shows, loading on an arc from back clip and how to work with 2 peas on the table. Not only will you get a great skill set, you learn a great 1 minute demo routine.

The teaching is very clear and uses aerial views with both bottle caps and rings so that you can see where the pea is at all times.

After you’ve drilled Bob’s routine enough to have it mastered, you can go on to Glenn’s routine. This routine is an extension of Bob’s routine with 2 additional phases. You’ll learn some brand new moves and thinking on the shell game in this routine. Again, the teaching is very clear and uses aerial views to make it easier to get the patterns down.

Finally, there is a bonus section that covers a lot of great additional information on the shell game. I can’t recommend Bob’s 3 Shell Boot Camp enough.

I think at this time you can only get Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp directly from either Bob Sheets or Glenn Morphew. I don’t know if or when it will be available in magic shops. If you’re interested in taking your shell work to the next level you might want to PM Bob or Glenn Morphew to see if you can get one.

Here is a link to a performance of the routine by Glenn Morphew.

http://www.vimeo.com/9364841
\ vinny the godfather of magic
Ps Glen and Bob have taken the shell game to another level
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1454 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Bob gave me a copy of this while it was in the preparation stage to see how long it would take me learn the routine. It took me about 3 days ( 2 or 3 hours a day), to get the routine down to a relatively good performance. And, though I'd seen Bob perform his routine many times, I'd never done a 3 shell routine. If you have any interest at all in the shells, this is some of the real work. And, the instruction is great.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10608 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
My apologies I always spell Glenn's name wrong it is two nns
Glen Forgive the godfather lol
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Looks good!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I agree with Nicholas D. I've had this for about a year now because I attended Bob's bootcamp. I did the drill a few times everday for about a week. I have been using the shells at every strolling gig now for over a year and the shells KILL. I've also used them in stand up shows as a warm up. After you learn the drill you become super comfortable with the shells. I also used other SFS DvDs and I put together my own routine using phases from Sheets, Hayden, Kohler, and Terry Ward (Jack Diamond citizen of Hollywood in Disney). Please learn the shells if you want to really intrigue an audience.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Where can the DVD be purchased?
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
As Vinny indicated above, contact Bob or Glenn via PM! I haven't seen Bob post much here but I'm in constant contact with Glenn through the Café!

MMc
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
That two pea gambit is powerful stuff.
This is some of the best work I've seen on video.....maybe the best.

Fooled me completely the first viewing, much of the second viewing.
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
474 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Hi everyone,

Since the cat is out of the bag, I thought I'd let you know what Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp is all about, just in case you're wondering.

Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp is the brain child of Bob Sheets. It is an extremely quick way to get an advanced 3 shell skill set while learning a great demo routine in the process.

Bob's One Minute routine is full of advanced (but not difficult) 3 shell moves. The beauty of learning this routine is that you not only will learn advanced shell game sleights, you'll learn how they work together to create deceptive patterns.

3 shell moves are like card sleights... the more you have in your arsenal the better and the easier it is to create your own routines. Also, the better you understand how sleights can work together, the easier your creative process will become.

Another thing I can tell you is that learning and drilling Bob's routine is not only a BLAST, it's ADDICTING... what a combination!!! Also, you'll find (if you don't already do the shells) that people really love seeing the shell game in action. Everyone has heard about the infamous shell game but few have ever seen it in action... so you have automatic built in interest.

When I finally decided to learn the shell game, (what in the heck took me so long?) I contacted Bob to get some pointers. Bob recommended I use the exact method on what has now became Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp, so I did. It was amazing! It worked great! I went from a total zero to very competent in just 8 days. 8 days after that, I was altering the sleights used and the patterns and I extended Bob's routine by adding two additional phases.

I found the hardest part wasn't learning the sleights, it was getting the patterns down so that my hands would just move around on auto-pilot with an economy of motion and good tempo. For this reason, we have done everything we can to shorten the trip to auto-pilot for you. The routine(s) are taught with performer aerial views in 3 different ways, (with bottle caps, rings and then a "Cliffs notes" version) so you can quickly internalize the patterns and start drilling the routine yourself.

I can honestly say that learning the shell game with this technique was the most fun I've had learning something new in magic in the last 20 years. The feedback I'm getting from others mirrors my experience.

I hope this helps to shed a little light on what Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp is designed to do and help you decide if you'd like to become a new recruit yourself.

Have fun,
Glenn
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
Glenn,
Where can we get a copy?
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
474 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Magic Marine,

The best way to do so is to PM either Bob or myself.

Thanks,
Glenn
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 10:37, Magic Marine wrote:
Glenn,
Where can we get a copy?

Indeed Glenn, inquiring minds and impatient credit cards/PayPal accounts await your answer my good friend!!

I think this would be a lot of fun tied in which Alex Lourido's Captivated.

So Glenn, "Ve haf vayz uf making you talk" Smile

Namaste,
Vlad

PS: Not germane to this section, but Glenn has a KILLER technique for the One Hand Top Palm. Thank you again Glenn, I am ALMOST there Smile
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

I was privileged with a pre release copy from Glenn and I've gotta say this is one of the coolest teaching videos I've ever seen!

Up until 2.5 weeks ago I messed with the shells a bit and had been working on Chef Anton's routine (taught on The Scoundrel's Touch). I enjoyed my practice sessions then but I'm OBSESSED with it now!

Glenn's teaching of Bob's 1 min. workout is sooooooooo easy to follow and within a few days I had the mental memory pretty solid and at 1 week my muscle memory was taking over! Now at 2 and a half weeks I can do it in my sleep!

The advanced sleights are taught in such a way that coupled with the suggested drills become quite natural in a short amount of time!

What can be accomplished with the 2 pea system is nothing short of diabolical! My bride had seen my Chef Anton routine and always enjoyed it but last night I finally let her see what I've been working on lately and she was completely blown away! She even commented this morning over coffee that she still has no clue how I did it!

My foundation is the S4S "Scoundrel's Touch" (AWESOME DVD) and now with the Sheets/Morphew Boot Camp I feel I'll be able to develop a routine that I'll be very proud of! Just the 1 min. workout alone is a cool routine! Add Glenn's extra phases and it's a show quality piece but why stop there, all the tools you need to create your own are all included in this package!

I honestly haven't had this much fun learning something new in magic in ages! I can't walk past my table with out running through the drills a few times, it's just addicting to me!

If you have any interest in the 3 Shell Game at all, order this from Glenn or Bob and get started right away!

Thanks ever so much Glenn for turning me on to this AND all the help along the way!

I'm off to run through my drills (for the 3rd time today)!

MMc
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
So all you gonna do is 15 times this 1 minute workout each day?!
Or does the drill takes more than 1 minute each time (at the beginning)?

By the way: I am a new German recruit and I am waiting for the DVD and the props to arrive. Smile
BobSheets
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of BobSheets
Just a quick note here. Glenn was my first "private" and he got it in eight days. Most guys who already do the shells are working on 4 or 5 days. Glenn is a wonderful teacher and I had him do the class because "everybody knows Bob can do the shells". He's as good as I am as you'll see on the DVD.

I suggest you run through and drill "the one minute workout" 15 minutes a day in the morning and evening, that's 30 times a day, and you should have it down in 3 weeks or less. More time of course will cut that down. You will learn the sequence and by "drilling" the moves will get better every day.

I just did the "Boot Camp" at Magic in the Rockies for 24 people and everyone got through it at least 30 times in 1 1/2 hours. Great time. Glenn and I show you how to jump to the top with the latest edge techniques for the three shells.

It's very a very addictive practice I think everyone will enjoy. Just let the skill sets flow through the drill and you'll be a pro in no time. We really do show you how to practice and perform this astonishing piece.

If you want "Bob's 3 Shell Bootcamp just private message Glenn or myself and we'll get it out to you. Available only direct from Glenn or myself.

Drop and give me 20. bob.
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Bob,
do you think there will be a Boot Camp for the "Three Card Monte" someday too?? Smile

Best,
Carsten
DrSammy
View Profile
New user
Greater Toronto Area
52 Posts

Profile of DrSammy
My copy arrived the other day and I finally got a chance to look at it yesterday. Bob & Glenn, you did a great job with this one. Using both the rings and the numbered caps to demonstrate makes everything very clear. Repeating it from the different angles also makes it much easier to follow the patterns as well as to figure out what both performer and spectator should be seeing.

I'll admit that I'm going to have to go back to make sure that I've got the patterns correct. There's no sense in practicing the wrong moves.

I especially appreciate that you make it very clear that learning the routine well will require several weeks of daily practice for the new worker. It's stated on the cover and several times before, during, and after the demonstrations. If more magicians took the necessary time to practice (and rehearse) before they performed we'd see a lot less bad magic.

Sir! Yes, Sir! Dropping and giving 20, Sir!
Many an ancient lord's last words had been, "You can't kill me because I've got magic aaargh." -- Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2010-09-16 08:03, BigSmile wrote:
Bob,
do you think there will be a Boot Camp for the "Three Card Monte" someday too?? Smile

Best,
Carsten

I second this question!
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-09-16 08:03, BigSmile wrote:
Bob,

Smile and Pan,

After about 3 or 4 days of doing my drills I came up with the idea that it could be applied to 3CM as well and began working it up! I'm sure you'll find a method and application yourself once you get rolling with the shells!

MMc
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
474 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Hi guys,

The concept of a Three Card Monte Boot Camp is an interesting one. However, between the all of information available from School For Scoundrels and Daryl on the subject, I think it might already be so well covered, that a Monte boot camp might not be a viable idea. (Of course, I could be wrong, because I've been wrong before!) It is possible that guys like Nicholas Johnson or Ian Kendall might have some new moves, thinking or interesting ideas that might make a project of this nature worthwhile, but I think that maybe if you just take an advanced existing Monte routine and use it as a drill, you'll acquire a great Monte skillset in the course of learning the routine you choose.

The reason I think Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp was such a good idea and is so valuable is because it teaches and gets you performing a really nice demo routine that requires you to do a variety of advanced (but not difficult) moves and actions other than just the basic pinch steal and load. It also offers some brand new moves, ideas and thinking on the shell game. It incorporates new teaching props like the rings, and the numbered caps and the aerial views which allowed us to teach things in easy to understand ways, so you could quickly learn what you needed to learn so you could get to work and start drilling Bob's One Minute Workout.

The hidden added bonus is that doing the drill is so much fun that it becomes an addiction!

When Bob first asked me if I wanted to be the guinea pig to try this learning method out, I had to think about it for a minute because I didn't want to make the commitment to him if I wasn't positive I would see it through. The thought of doing a drill 15 times a day for possibly 3 weeks sounded like quite a commitment to me at the time. I think Bob sensed this and he assured me that the biggest problem I would have would be doing the drill ONLY 15 times a day! Of course, I can tell you in hindsight that truer words were never spoken. From day one, I was having so much fun with this that I drilled it countless times a day.

Anyway, if someone out there has some new Monte moves, ideas and concepts that they have put together into a great routine that can be taught Bob's Boot Camp style, you can count me in too!

Have fun,
Glenn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The shell loversawsome new technique from / Bob Sheets ,Glen Morphew (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL