The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The shell loversawsome new technique from / Bob Sheets ,Glen Morphew (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
"Addiction" nahhhhhh, OBSESSION maybe, I can quit anytime! Smile

My latest challenge to myself is doing 3 reps without a bobble, flash or drop, times 5!

In other words, I go through my drills from set up on the first then reset and repeat, reset and repeat. If I make a mistake, drop a pea or flash I start over at 1. Once I've completed 5 sets of 3 that session is over! The first time I did it this way I did about 65 reps altogether! LOL
I'll soon change this to 5 reps X 3!

I completely agree with DrSammy, if we'd all spend more time practicing and rehearsing before showing, we'd see much less BAD work out there!

Keep your eye on the pea,

MMc
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
475 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Wow Mike! You're even tougher on yourself than the Sarge is. That's a very good idea though... once you've been at the drill for awhile. The added pressure you're putting on yourself will come in handy when you start performing the routine for other people. (your bride doesn't count, because she's gonna love you even if you mess up, plus... she's seen your pee before)
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Owning the two SFS DVD's, Bob Sheets "Absolutely Nuts", and the Phil Cass DVD on the shell game, and having in my library some of the older texts on the topic from Norman, Garcia and Chanin........I can honestly say that the routine Glenn showed us in the video linked to above was the most entertaining, easiest to understand, and definitely the most deceptive shell game demo I've ever seen, live or on video.

When I first viewed Glenn's video, (and I supposedly know about the two-pea system) I had to go back and watch it again.

I had no clue what was happening..........and as a result had to gladly buck-up and go to boot camp!
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Maybe using three pea's???
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Using three-peas while you were advertising that you were using two-peas would be hustling the hustlers Glenn!

I suspect though, that we were simply viewing some very much advanced thinking on the two pea system.

I'll know more when I finish boot-camp.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I have a routine where I use 4 pea's - however most shows I use only one. The four pea routine is a routine I most often do with bottle caps. And it has a very cool kicker ending.

Cheers!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

If I want to manage 3 or more items I'll do the Cups and Balls!

Glad to hear you got in on the Boot Camp Silverking, lemme know what you think after a week or so!

MMc
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2010-09-20 15:02, MickeyPainless wrote:
If I want to manage 3 or more items I'll do the Cups and Balls!

Well - good luck with that then.

Just FYI the four pea routine has nothing to do with the cups and balls. I also do another routine shell routine using bottle caps called rainbow bottle caps. This also has nothing to do with the cups and balls.

Cheers!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

BobSheets
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of BobSheets
The 3 Shell Boot Camp came as a result of seeing only 3 people use the work from my "Absolutely Nuts" DVD and I put that together ten years ago. I did the two videos "Introduction to 3 Shells and Scoundrels Touch" with Whit and Chef Anton and I know that this DVD will make those a cake walk for anyone to put together any of the routines or combined sequences found there.

The Boot Camps one minute workout will give you EXACTLY what you have to practice to become proficient at the 3 shells. And you won't need anyone to tell you that because you can compare your technique with the Glen or myself on your own.

If you get the Boot Camp from Glenn or I, we will coach you if Vimeo or private YouTube us. I did this with Glenn when we started and I now get video from recruits from all over the world. The last one was from an 18 year old from China. He did it the first day and then sent me one a week later and except for now drilling it to get to the "NO THOUGHT" stage he's got it down.

It really makes learning the game a blast.

Thanks for all your great comments and I hope to hear from all of you as you complete your training.

Pump it up. Bob.
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
Hi Mr Sheets.
Will you be incorporating this in your lecture at magic weekend, Lund, Sweden this october? In that case, bring many sets as I predict they will sell really well (I want one!).

Cheers
Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Just finished my first watching of this DVD. Great stuff! Clean demo routine, taught in meticulous detail from multiple camera angles. I'm suffering from "shell overload" poking around with half a dozen different videos, trying bits of them all. Bob's one minute workout is just what I need to stay focused and really WORK at getting a routine down start to finish.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
475 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Dave,

I think you hit the nail on the head.

In addition to acquiring an advanced skill set in the course of learning a great demo routine, you do so in a structured way! Bob doesn't have you doing 15,000 different things one time, he has you do one thing 15,000 times. It's a proven efficient way to get the job done.

Using spaced repetition with The One Minute Workout guarantees you will experience rapid improvement and ultimately, mastery of the 3 shell game.

Once you're there, I'm sure you will all agree that the journey to mastery was a blast!

Have fun!
Glenn
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Hi All,

This is the best purchase I made since we bought our house.

I am going to have to buy my beautiful wife something that glitters to make amends for my chronic absenteeism.

I am utterly addicted to this regimen.

Let’s hope Bob Sheets and Glenn Morphew are not arrested for peddling illicit, addictive neuro-substances!

Gotta’ run…just went through five sessions and as a consequence, have to face rush-hour traffic if I am to get to work on time…
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Got the Boot Camp disc, and think that the routine and learning system is nothing short of excellent. However, I wish that the phases were broken up, slowed up, or whatever so they would be easier to follow. I figured that the only way I can learn the choreography is to write a synopsis of each phase, which I did tonight. Tomorrow, I'll try to follow what I wrote and make the necessary corrections and clarifications.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Jake,

That's exactly what I did and it was just the ticket! Writing out the
"Work" is part of the process I use when learning all tricks and routines and it has proven to be quite beneficial for me over the years! Unfortunately I doubt anyone else would be able to make heads or tails of my notes so passing em along wouldn't do any good!

Good luck with the process,

MMc
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
475 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Hi guys,

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Bob is out of the country for a month on a lecture tour, so if you have sent him a PM and haven't heard back, that's why. I would suggest if you want any information at this time, that you PM me instead of Bob.

I'm almost as nice as he is, although I'm not nearly as funny.

Glenn
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Glenn...I need the antidote...the addiction is too strong...I am actually dreaming about the workout patterns...went to have a go at the session table at 3 in the morning...wife is accumulating apology gifts at an alarming pace...

Help.
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
475 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Pan,

There is no known cure and no 3 Shell Game Anonymous, so I suggest you get your wife a nice set of shells as her next apology gift... once she's hooked herself, at least you won't have to buy any more apology gifts.

That's all I got.

Glenn
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Perhaps I can pay a loanshark to break my fingers...
MLDupree
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of MLDupree
Ordered mine. This is one addiction that I am looking forward to developing Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The shell loversawsome new technique from / Bob Sheets ,Glen Morphew (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.67 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL