The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The shell loversawsome new technique from / Bob Sheets ,Glen Morphew (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2010-12-24 09:47, MLDupree wrote:
Ordered mine. This is one addiction that I am looking forward to developing Smile

I feel sorry for you - but in a good way.

Remember when Alice fell down the hole?

Welcome to Shell Boot Camp Wonderland...
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
MLDupree
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of MLDupree
Got my Disk over the holiday and I am offically hooked!! I don't remember boot camp being this much fun. Keep up the good work Sergeant.
Boudje
View Profile
New user
France
89 Posts

Profile of Boudje
Where can we found it? I can't find any shop, nor in France, Europe, or even USA with this DvD.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Quote:
On 2011-01-14 10:33, Boudje wrote:
Where can we found it? I can't find any shop, nor in France, Europe, or even USA with this DvD.

Order it directly from Glen or from Bob, but order it. You won't be sorry.
BobSheets
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of BobSheets
We're talking with Chef Anton and Whit Haydn to get the "Boot Camp" for the SFS crowd.

Thanks again for all the great comments from all over the world. bob.
BobSheets
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of BobSheets
I'm sending School For Scoundrels the Boot Camp video for their folks. bob.
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
474 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
For those of you who have never seen "The One Minute Workout" here is a link to me doing the drill with the bottle caps included with Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp.

There is a lot going on during this one minute routine and drilling it ingrains the skill set and timing you need to perform the shell game well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iz5bosMGfA

Thanks for watching,

Glenn
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Hey Glenn,
Bob is a "V.I.P." already. Perhaps you will get that status also here at the Café... someday. I hope so and I keep fingers crossed. Smile

And thanks for sharing the video!
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
474 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
BigSmile,

Don't keep your fingers crossed... it's impossible to practice the shells with your fingers crossed!

Thanks for the good wishes but I'm very content with my R.P. (Regular Person) status here on the Café.

Keep Smiling!
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
atinczor
View Profile
Regular user
New York / Istanbul
111 Posts

Profile of atinczor
Just got the DVD and still working on getting the 1 minute routine down.. If you are having hard time following Glenn when he is teaching (I did), you can use VLC player (free download) and while playing, go to playback menu of the player and choose slower and you will get the slow-motion video and audio.. This really helps following along..

Love the DVD.. Thank you Bob and Glenn for making this available for us..

Hope this helps..

Best,

Atinc
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Although I love the look of the routine, I just can't seem to get it to work for me. Even with the Perfect Pea, it won't stay in place long enough for me to do anything without squirting away or dropping to the table.

If I'm unsure of the handling or uncomfortable with the chance of it failing I simply can't do it.

It seems that at least for me I'm back to the standard handling.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Dave: Have you tried using hand cream prior to doing the routine. It makes a big difference for me. It's also important for me to wash the peas off occasionally.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
For me, any cream or lotion made it worse. They'd just squirt away.

My fingers simply don't work like they used to. I've given up on Archery and most guitar playing as well. I can handle standard shells, as for the most part you have a single hand shape that doesn't require a huge amount of dexterity.

(It took me twice as long as usual to write this compared to a few years ago. About every other word had to be edited and reedited. Typing skills have declined too it seems)
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Jimmy Vee
View Profile
Regular user
Jimmy Vee
173 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Vee
Dave,

I don't know if it will make a difference but I washed my peas in dish soap and water and that helped make them a bit more "grippy." I wash them every so often now and it helps a lot. I have way less dropping of the pea now. Could be me getting better too but I think the washing helps. You'll notice they're more tacky as soon as you wash them. I'm 19 days in and lovin' it. You can see my run through of the routine here.

I've already gotten some excellent feedback from Glenn and some others which will help me clean it up and take it to another level. Awesome stuff here in the Bootcamp.

I also wrote out the steps for each phase and paused and played the DVD through each phase until I got the basic moves. Took a bit of work but not too terrible... I think once you get your brain set to the 3 shell channel you get it faster and then you can watch moves and get them... at first it looked like Greek and I thought I'd never be able to follow.

J
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The shell loversawsome new technique from / Bob Sheets ,Glen Morphew (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL