The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sleeve-Star by David Jay & Wizard FX Productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
It's good to know this product is NOT for beginners at this stage...it won't be wasted money for those that lack experience in sleeving.

Regards,
Mike
jsheas
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of jsheas
Quote:
On 2010-09-16 20:40, insight wrote:
It's good to know this product is NOT for beginners at this stage...it won't be wasted money for those that lack experience in sleeving.

Regards,
Mike

Am I missing something here? Is it for beginners, or not?
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Surely not?!

I have been looking forward to this one, but from what one can see in the demo, it is clear that one must be able to deliver an object to a sleeve, and this is a gimmick that then does something else.

I would suggest starting with a Rocco DVD or Cloutier.

Im excited, might pick mine up at L.A.D.S

JH
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
This is REALLY good. I've seen David use this for real people and it's a killer.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Based on what has been communicated to me, this is NOT for beginners.

Regards,
Mike
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Simple sleeving really isn't rocket science. I would consider the classic palm of a card to be considerably harder. Sleeving I would say is more about timing and choreography. Excellent timing and choreography can hide a lot of bad technique. With that, I don't think people should be put off by Sleeve Star just because they will need to learn how to sleeve.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2010-09-17 08:41, kissdadookie wrote:
Simple sleeving really isn't rocket science. I would consider the classic palm of a card to be considerably harder. Sleeving I would say is more about timing and choreography. Excellent timing and choreography can hide a lot of bad technique. With that, I don't think people should be put off by Sleeve Star just because they will need to learn how to sleeve.

I agree totally with this, sleeving is actually easy to do, the hard part is to make it look like you're not sleeving!!!

I also think it is very deceptive to have one hand behind your back, reminds me of the One Hand in the Pocket type card effect. Imagine also holding a sealed box behind your back, the coin vanishing and appearing inside the sealed box, now that would be really good. I can see so many applications for this.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Speaking of coin in box, the fact that Sleeve Star looks like it can deliver the sleeved object to the opposite hand, you can have the loading box sitting on a table and reach for it with the opposite hand. Very very clean load with little to no heat on the box. So many applications!
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I'm looking forward to having a little fun with my wizard's sleeve.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Looks like hocus pocus has started to sell this! I thought this was on PRe-order only!
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Can anyone actually say what this is? Seems like just the usual bunch of guesses have been made which doesn't help.

At this price I'd like to know some actual facts.
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
I think we have to wait until the 3rd.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
I wonder if any sleeving method is suitable- Jim Pace, Brian Platts catapult, or good old Bobo/ Roberts to name but a few?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I think any method where one gets an object into ones sleeve would be suitable for this however, since this is very obviously a means to deliver the sleeved object, I think it's best to utilize this with a one handed sleeving method so that the performer's two hands do not come near each other (thus the coin transpo in the first demo is such a strong effect).
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
This looks nice. I have had this on my wish list for a few weeks now. But I don't do pre orders anymore because of all the hype on things. I will wait for a few reviews. Hope everbody who gets this will have a few reviews.
PeteB
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of PeteB
A few months back I had the good fortune to watch a demo of SleeveStar, (this was a pre-manufacture prototype) and if the finished product is as good as the demo, then it's going to be an absolute WINNER. Congrats to David Jay.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hmmmm... a question for you, does the item that needs to be sleeved need to be of a weight of some sort, I was wondering whether you could sleeve a folded card say in quarters and would the device also deliver it into the other hand?
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 13:35, Jaz2005 wrote:

No sewing required. No strings, no pulls, no vacuums, no conveyer belts and no hidden female assistants.

Crap! I kinda like the idea of a hidden female assistant! Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Hopefully no safety pins either? I hate safety pinning things to my jacket lining, it ruins the lining!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Very impressive video clips.

Where is David the Magician from originally?

He is FAST!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sleeve-Star by David Jay & Wizard FX Productions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL