The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sleeve-Star by David Jay & Wizard FX Productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14~15~16 [Next]
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2010-10-09 09:27, Marc Spelmann wrote:
I love the simplicity of the coin from hand to hand, it reminds me of an effect by Richard Sanders on his DVDs, his was a card effect. I think we all forget sometimes just how powerful a direct effect can be for joe public. If I wore a suit more often in performances I'd get this Smile

Nice work though, love the effect.

MS

I thought one could wear long sleeve shirts? Can someone who has this clarify?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2010-10-09 13:24, lunatik wrote:

I thought one could wear long sleeve shirts? Can someone who has this clarify?

Good question as I thought that just a shirt could be used.
In the advo. it states: "Please also note that this utility device can be used with jackets or [i]shirts."[/i]
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
It can be used with jackets or shirts...... but the shirt does need to be long sleeved
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Yes, if you can sleeve with a shirt and as long it isn't white.
For me personaly it is easier to sleeve with a jacket.
The directness of the effects possible with sleeve star are just breath taking.
I had a talk with a very advanced sleeving pro at my local magicshop today.
Most important is to get the techniques right and invisible.
He gave me a very good tip for practising.
Stand with your back to a wall and push your ellbow against it while you sleeve.
This training will avoid backward moving of your hand while sleeving.
It really helps to sleeve in a very deceptive and innocent way.
I got some insane handling tips. Have fun with it.
I am working on a mentalism routine that should be clean as a whistle with that device.

If you don't like stiching or needles, maybe velcro could help you out.
It would also help to transfer it from jacket to jacket.

Lets sleeve some coins.
TKO or a Topit used together with sleeve star will create IMPOSSIBLE magic.
If someone assumes you are sleeving, roll back your sleeves and amaze them in another way.. Simply love it
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
OK....just another question here to its flexibility as to clothing. Lets assume for the moment that you're wearing a heavy winter leather jacket (not a light leather sport coat) and also wearing a sweater. Is there a strong possibility that the combination of a heavy jacket and a sweater might possibly impede the "movement" of this device? Also, could this be performed sitting down? Yes, I realize that one would have to lean forward a tad so as to place ones hand behind the back but I can't see that as a problem. I guess what it boils down to, is must the clothing that it is attached to be very loose and light weight sans the obvious need to have some loose and open cuff opening so as to enable one to sleeve? Whew....sure hope I explained that right! Smile
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The weight of your clothes really doesn't play a part. The issue you raised in regards to having enough free space however does play a part. It's going into your sleeve and it's obviously going to do a small amount of travel to the destination. This doesn't mean that your clothes have to be super roomy, just enough room for travel or enough room for what you would need for plain ole sleeving in the first place. I think you already know the answer to your own question gaffed.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2010-10-09 23:05, kissdadookie wrote:
I think you already know the answer to your own question gaffed.

These were simply legitimate questions and concerns that I have, and possibly others may be interested in also. To be quite honest, I haven't the faintest idea how this device works, but from your answer I can only assume that you now have it? If I already knew the answers, then why on earth would I ask???? I mean really, if you have all the answers about this device then why did you post this today? Shouldn't you have already had the answer to that!

Quote:
On 2010-10-09 11:05, kissdadookie wrote:
Argh, my worse feer, pinning or sewing something on to my jacket lining!

It would seem to me that is something you obviously didn't know about!!!
~Yogi Berra~

kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Simple, you ask because your phishing. You and I both know that your question was asked in such a way to narrow down to what Sleeve Star could possibly be. Apart from that, I have no idea why you are getting defensive again. I've sufficiently answered your questions regarding both the weight of clothes as well as approximate spacing in your sleeve (if you can properly sleeve with the shirt or jacket, this will work).

As for your comment about the sewing, I was pretty sure that was required but was just hoping that there were alternatives.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
If that is your worst fear you REALLY need to get out more.
James

Quote:
On 2010-10-09 11:05, kissdadookie wrote:
Argh, my worse feer, pinning or sewing something on to my jacket lining!
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
James, the only reason I don't like sewing things or pinning things is that my shirts and jackets are all pretty expensive. ($200+ shirts and $500-$900 jackets) I refuse to alter them or stitch/pin things on to them. Simple as that. What I am however considering right now is to buy a few lower priced shirts and a cheaper jacket to use Sleeve Star with.

As for gaffed consistently smart aleck responses: Gaffed, if you had bothered to read my posts on Sleeve Star, it's clearly evident that I pretty much already knew what this is and how it works prior to this having shipped (and I've confirmed that it is indeed what I had thought it was with a few people already). You would notice that the only questions I've ever had concerned the single issue of if the install required safety pins (like many other installed on clothing utilities) or sewing since as I have mentioned already, I do not like having my jacket lining tugged at or messing up my shirts.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Got it. So when I ask a legitimate question(s) I'm phishing, but when others do so its fine. Do you honestly believe what you just accused me of? As for answering my questions, how would you possibly know if you don't even have it!
~Yogi Berra~

Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
No matter. Saying it is your worst fear is ridiculous.
What about your family dying? Earthquake,fire,car crash.
Really,
James

Quote:
On 2010-10-10 00:12, kissdadookie wrote:
James, the only reason I don't like sewing things or pinning things is that my shirts and jackets are all pretty expensive. ($200+ shirts and $500-$900 jackets) I refuse to alter them or stitch/pin things on to them. Simple as that. What I am however considering right now is to buy a few lower priced shirts and a cheaper jacket to use Sleeve Star with.

As for gaffed consistently smart aleck responses: Gaffed, if you had bothered to read my posts on Sleeve Star, it's clearly evident that I pretty much already knew what this is and how it works prior to this having shipped (and I've confirmed that it is indeed what I had thought it was with a few people already). You would notice that the only questions I've ever had concerned the single issue of if the install required safety pins (like many other installed on clothing utilities) or sewing since as I have mentioned already, I do not like having my jacket lining tugged at or messing up my shirts.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
How could I possibly know? Because I've already played around with a couple of items that does what Sleeve Star is doing except the point of entry is in a different location and not in the sleeve. That's why I recognized just how strong this utility was and that the benefit is being one ahead, way ahead, of the spectator. All my "speculations" after all (and you can go back and check my posts) have been confirmed by people who have received it in the last couple of days.

As for if I honestly believe in what I accused you of, yes, I do. I also honestly believe that the only reason you are still posting in this thread is for s**ts and giggles and nothing more. Bottom line is that you can go back and forth with me or Review King day in day out but it's clear that you have very little intention of picking this product up so I don't understand why you are still posting on this matter apart from stubbornness or maybe you just like to be right and have a chance to say "I told you so" if the product turned out bad, beats me but it's obvious that you never had intentions of being constructive on this thread.

As for me, I'm just waiting for my brick and mortar store to get Sleeve Star in stock.

As for Xiqual, I think there's obviously a language barrier here as you are reading the tone of my post completely wrong. It was more of a "argh, I was hoping it wasn't sewing or pinning." Either there is a language barrier or you're just trying to be a clever but I suggest you stop trying, it's just plain ole insulting. My comment wasn't ridiculous, the fact that you read it so literally is ridiculous and I guess good for a laugh Smile

In the end though, as I've said, I'm waiting for my brick and mortar store to carry this so I can pick it up.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Language barrier? Yeah exactly.
What's insulting is your pretentious attitude and the way you always pretend to know
how all the effects work even before they come out. You are a poser, we all know it, you just need to face it. Let's see some pics of you in your Hugo Boss suits ok?
Please, more like Shi Ling night market. Who you think ya foolin Bra?
James

Quote:
On 2010-10-10 00:20, kissdadookie wrote:

As for Xiqual, I think there's obviously a language barrier here as you are reading the tone of my post completely wrong. It was more of a "argh, I was hoping it wasn't sewing or pinning." Either there is a language barrier or you're just trying to be a clever but I suggest you stop trying, it's just plain ole insulting. My comment wasn't ridiculous, the fact that you read it so literally is ridiculous and I guess good for a laugh Smile

Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Easy now chaps. Let's get back on topic,
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I wanna see pics of kissdadookie in his suits!!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
LoL. Who says that I wear suits? Xiqual, I don't go around panning effects which I don't know about. If you even bothered to read my posts, I post only when I have the item or know pretty much exactly how they work and even at that, it's mostly positive comments and only when I see things that are of real value. To be perfectly honest, most things that come out, if you had a decent amount of prior knowledge about how other effects and products work, it's not that bleeding difficult to figure out what something is and how it works. I saw real value in Sleeve Star and thus I posted. As I've mentioned, I've also confirmed with folks who've received it and found that what I thought it was indeed IS what this is. Poser? Pretentious? What, just because I spent money on nice clothes which I don't want to mess up? Don't get upset if others don't like to go to a local Taiwan or China tailor and buy a cheap suit like you most probably do. Also, what brought about these insults from you in the first place? I never made a single darn comment to you recently and you come on here trying to be all sarcastic. Is it my fault that you lack any common sense to judge the tone of posts which others make? No, it just means you need to work on that.

I'm sorry if you're too thick to figure out how things work easily. You can't point a finger at me calling me names when you yourself can't figure things out. Also, when the heck was the last time you've posted any real helpful posts? The bulk of you post is you being ambiguous and saying nothing more than "I like this." What kind of help is that? There's no why's about why you like something and it's rare that you don't like something. I think when it comes down to it, you're posts are of very little value to anyone because they don't contain much information, yet you call me a pretentious poser, tsk tsk. What's up with that BRA (and what the hell is "bra" any way? are you trying to call people "bras" or are you trying to be like a cool person and call people "bro," it seems to me you're trying to say "bro" but constantly misspell it).
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
I also honestly believe that the only reason you are still posting in this thread is for s**ts and giggles and nothing more.

You stated that you had an issue, or possible concerns about the need of having to sew, and or pin this device in a jacket, which in all honesty sounded like a very legitimate question. I was simply asking (directed to those that have it) if there might possibly be an issue, and or need for concern if it is used with a heavy leather jacket in combination with a sweater. I hardly, if at all, wear a sport or suit jacket so this was a very legitimate concern of mine as that is more often than not what I wear during the cold winter moths here. I can’t for the life of me see how one could possibly by [any stretch of the imagination misconstrue such a question as to me trying to, as you put it; “posting in this thread is for s**ts and giggles” !! If you take the time to look back, the only other questions, and or concerns that I posted on this thread as to Sleeve Star were my concerns as to sleeving, which I might add, people here were more than considerate enough to address.

Quote:
I don't understand why you are still posting on this matter apart from stubbornness or maybe you just like to be right and have a chance to say "I told you so" if the product turned out bad,…..

Again, where on God’s earth did you manage to fathom up such a conjuncture as that!!
Not once did I ever in any way shape or form imply that Sleeve Star was bad, and or was doomed to fail! If I did indeed feel that way then why would I have made the following post just two days ago in answer to someone who thought it was overpriced? If I may quote myself:
Quote:
On 2010-10-08 18:41, gaffed wrote:
Well, it certainly seems to be taking off good and well received with those that have it. If it does indeed work as good as depicted, and it would seem so that it does, I don’t think the price is at all out of line. Some people tend to forget all of the work that goes into certain effects before it’s ever placed into production. As I understand it, and please correct me if I’m wrong, is that David Jay is, or least was making all of these devices himself. Even then, there are some who say the price should have been more.

If you would be so kind as to point out just one post of mine on this thread where I in any way implied that Sleeve Star was not as good as it seems to be? Hmm....I thought not.

Quote:
Bottom line is that you can go back and forth with me or Review King day in day out but it's clear that you have very little intention of picking this product up….

Why are you dragging Review King into this?? Granted, there was a very unfortunate misunderstanding that we had but it has all been sorted out in a most friendly manner and I have no issues, and or any problems with Review King in the slightest way. As for the possibility of my purchasing Sleeve Star I’d certainly like to know how you arrived at the conclusion that I have no intention of doing so. As for my wishing to “go back and forth” with you as you put it, I can assure you that is the last thing I want and I apologize to the others here for this thread going astray. However, when someone accuses me on a public forum site of “phishing”, and or my trying to post for the sole purpose of “s**ts and giggles” I think it’s quite understandable that I defend myself against such a deplorable, totally uncalled for, and such an unfounded accusation. It would seem that you are seeing things under the bed that don’t exist, and constantly seeing insults and perceiving confrontations towards you that simply are not there! Relax my man……life is much too short.

Other than that:
Quote:
On 2010-10-10 02:31, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Easy now chaps. Let's get back on topic,

Yes, by all means.....PLEASE! Smile
~Yogi Berra~

jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Maybe you combatants could carry on this discussion by PM? We're now a long way from talking about the product, Sleeve-Star, and the rest of us are sort of forced to eavesdrop on your continuing arguments. Fair enough?

Cheers,
Jerry
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I concur.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sleeve-Star by David Jay & Wizard FX Productions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL