We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sleeve-Star by David Jay & Wizard FX Productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
That's a great post Craig. But unfortunately you are not addressing the problem. You are addressing the symptoms.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 13:25, Craig Petty wrote:
You know, its posts like the one above that really make me wonder if magic really is a community.

Of course we are a community. We are people with a common interrest... magic! Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Obviously
Not sure what to make of all this. The gimmick sounds very intriguing in application. However, if you could switch a dupe coin in and out smoothly and skillfully (as alledged by some in the demo) - why not go with that method alone, as the effect on the audience is the same, only, perhaps, smoother in execution. I would be interested in purchasing a DVD covering all the subtleties and sleeving techniques using this method - much cheaper I'm sure.
andolini
View Profile
New user
norwood,ma
75 Posts

Profile of andolini
Answer the ------- question?
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
So for everything I read here I have been waiting to buy This. Like I said I have loved everything that Wizard FX has said was good and I do trust these guys. However thay are besting around the bush on this. Is there anybody on here who has this give a review ( Good or Bad ) I don't want to spend 140.00 for a trick that just sits. ( Also has anybody seen all the knock off on ebay? ) Some even show you what it looks like the gimmick. Not sure if it is but I wont buy one of those. If I buy this it will be from Wizard.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2010-12-16 13:32, Obviously wrote:
Not sure what to make of all this. The gimmick sounds very intriguing in application. However, if you could switch a dupe coin in and out smoothly and skillfully (as alledged by some in the demo) - why not go with that method alone, as the effect on the audience is the same, only, perhaps, smoother in execution. I would be interested in purchasing a DVD covering all the subtleties and sleeving techniques using this method - much cheaper I'm sure.

When I first saw the demo, that's exactly what it looked like to me. I thought the same thing as you. I really don't know what all the fuss or hype is about.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
If the demo is not accurate, what's different?
You need to wave your hand up in the air like you're pointing out a nearby airplane after receiving the signed coin?
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
WoW, Craig still not addressing the problem. I kinda feel let down. I wont buy this until I know for sure.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Give Graig a chance. I'm pretty sure the guy is just busy with other issue's. At least that's what I'm guessing. He does have a busy schedule.
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
True that. Do you know if you need a jacket or can you wear a long sleve shirt? This would help me alot. If you have to wear a jacket I would not buy it. Long sleve would be OK.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I think you could use a long sleeve shirt, but it would hinder the mechanics a bit I believe.
Official Thread Killer
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I think Craig isn't coming back. He's around cause he started another thread recently. Maybe bring up the questions on his other threads.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2662 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
This can be done with a long sleeve shirt as well. Some of the folks I know that are using it actually prefer the shirt. I haven't seen it done in person with a jacket and it still looks great.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1611 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2010-12-24 11:59, Gospel Dan wrote:
I think Craig isn't coming back. He's around cause he started another thread recently. Maybe bring up the questions on his other threads.

I have just about had enough of this. I have posted already on this thread telling everyone that myself and Dave are very busy and have been working non stop this December. It's 9pm over here on Christmas Eve and I have just come in off my third gig and I have another two tomorrow. The little spare time I have had has been taken up with filming the Wizard Product Review and Roughed (which by the way I gave away free to everyone - not bad for someone who is apparently trying to rip people off). If you look at my posts all I have posted recently is to let people know that the latest show is live and answering a couple of questions about roughed. I am definitely not hiding from anyone. Here are some facts for the people that are constantly jumping on this thread accusing me of vanishing.

1. I have nothing to do with editing the content of Wizard FX.tv. Therefore I cannot magically make the footage appear on there. When it is edited it will be uploaded.

2. The same faces are coming on this thread telling me to address the issue of an apparent problem on the trailer. Firstly the only issue we have had about the trailer has been on this thread.we have never had any emails or phone calls at HQ about this, in fact the feedback had been amazingly positive. Secondly I have said on this thread that the trailer was not doctored in any way and I have had people asking me to explain why David Jay's performance was different to the explanation. Well the short answer is that his performance is not different but let me tell everyone now I AM NOT GOING TO GO INTO DETAIL WITH THIS ISSUE ON THIS Café. In order to explain this I will have to publicly expose the inner workings of the effect to anyone reading this thread. if you are one of the few people that have an issue with this and you can prove you have the DVD contact me at world magic shop by phone and email and I will happily go through this in detail. To anyone else thinking of buying Sleeve Star but you want more information beyond the trailer and customer reviews then simply wait for the lecture footage to go live on wizardfx.tv and that should answer all your questions. Alternatively contact me and I'll try to help.

Hopefully that clears things up

Craig
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
I have just about had enough of this.

Way to get defensive mate.

Quote:
Well the short answer is that his performance is not different but let me tell everyone now I AM NOT GOING TO GO INTO DETAIL WITH THIS ISSUE ON THIS Café.

I'm not going to comment on this because I don't think I need to. Anyone else want to do it?
Official Thread Killer
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1611 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
I don't know who you are Stucky but I've offered this before and I'll offer it again. If you are based in the uk I will arrange myself and David to meet you for personal instruction AND to address your issues.

I thing this is fair. If you have a problem doing this you are obviously a faceless troll that has nothing better to do. Of course I could be wrong and if so I look forward to meeting with you at the earliest opportunity.

Craig
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Not too fond of the concept of "personal instruction".

Just enjoy your gigs. Working for the holidays is rough stuff.
Official Thread Killer
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1611 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Fine Stucky, I'll skype you or talk it over to you on the phone or even FaceTime you, whatever. I just cannot take you seriously if I am trying to help with your issue and you are not wanting to do anything

Think it over and Merry Christmas

Craig
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
What issue is this exactly? I didn't ask for that in my stocking!
Official Thread Killer
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Guys. On a day like today let's leave this silly debate aside
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sleeve-Star by David Jay & Wizard FX Productions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL