The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Greatest PK effect ever....? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 16:20, kissdadookie wrote:
I second the vote for Banachek's PK Pen.

PKLizer looks like a Ultracinese rip off by the way but I DO like the fact that it's remotely activated rather than having the silly Ultracinese hook up (the one and only reason I have not picked one up).

I agree, hookups too much of a hassle. PKLizer I wish was not a rip off.
MagicBucket
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of MagicBucket
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 12:43, Decomposed wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 16:20, kissdadookie wrote:
I second the vote for Banachek's PK Pen.

PKLizer looks like a Ultracinese rip off by the way but I DO like the fact that it's remotely activated rather than having the silly Ultracinese hook up (the one and only reason I have not picked one up).

I agree, hookups too much of a hassle. PKLizer I wish was not a rip off.

Yes I also think PKLizer is based on differet principle as well. People who own Ultracinese (like me) should know that certain effects in the video can not be achieved by Ultracinese. Ultracinese must have the objects in contact with at less one part of your body in order to make it moves. Beside the ad say that PKLizer is remote controlled (This is what I interested in).

The problem now is I can't get any information about this product outside ebay. That's why I am asking for the review.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
This PKlizer is obviously based on Ultracinese. The same principle except that the working mechanism is wireless and activated via remote control. I'll have to fully agree with Ustaad as not being able to pull this off as there would seem to be some obvious noise issues with it. Ergo, all the loud music and no demo of it being performed for any spectator(s) in a real life setting. It also seems like they have the temerity to produce Ultracinese and use its name! I own Ultracinese and what they are showing is definitely NOT Ultracinese. I'd really stay clear of these morons and give them a very wide berth.
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Again, if you take the time to learn it, a PK ring is just awesome, ''Really miraculous beaus you are "bare handed." The ring, being something you see on most men's fingers, literately just falls into a perceptual blindspot.

Very versatile, marvelously deceptive.

Oh and if you know the principle already, you can get nice one's cheap from s---- m----- dealers. (Pm me for my favorite.)

One thing I do recommend, the gold finish wears off fairly quickly if you don't protect it. My wife taught me the solution s apparently its something women have done with costume jewelry for a long time-- coat it with clear nail varnish. The nail varnish will eventually wear too so you should re-apply presiodically.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Cyberqat, I fully realize that you’re trying to be circumspect in not revealing any effect and it's well appreciated. However, by now I'm quite confident that everyone knows full well that a PK ring is nothing more than a magnetic ring as it has been discussed ad nauseum in hundreds of threads! As for a great place to buy a nice men’s magnetic ring at a reasonable price is HERE, although I believe they have recently raised their prices due to an increase of raw neodymium magnets, but nonetheless a great resource! I have several of them and they are quite strong. Also, Cyberqat gave some good advice as to protecting the gold plating. Smile
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Still, they are the cheapest so far. But wait I couldn't link. If is what I think it is then we are all fine.
Magic is a vanishing art.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2010-09-12 20:48, edh wrote:
Still, they are the cheapest so far. But wait I couldn't link. If is what I think it is then we are all fine.

Try the link again as I messed it up and had to edit it. It should work now. This site does not have WYSIWYG posting format and I'm a tad rusty at times with my BB coding. Smile
~Yogi Berra~

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2010-09-12 17:19, Cyberqat wrote:

One thing I do recommend, the gold finish wears off fairly quickly if you don't protect it. My wife taught me the solution s apparently its something women have done with costume jewelry for a long time-- coat it with clear nail varnish. The nail varnish will eventually wear too so you should re-apply presiodically.

One might like to give Silicone Coating a try.

As compared to clear Nail Polish, Silicone gives you a much thinner coating and is longer lasting due to its excellent adhesion property. Also, when dried, silicone is harder than nail polish thus has better scratch resistance.

Smile
P.S. Nail polish can be thinned to the desired consistency by adding Acetone or Isopropyl Alcohol.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Darn it, Amazon is out of stock, thanks anyway Ustaad.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Ustaad, as always a fountain of information. I never knew that there was a brush on silicone coating for jewelry. I had a friend in the service who could not wear his watch as the back of his wrist would simply break out with a horrible rash in a matter of a few hours! Of course this happened to a few others also, including me, as sweating really speeds things up and Viet Nam is not exactly known for its arid weather! lol I would simply cut some bandages and slap them on the back of my watch until I eventually got a hold of some clear nail polish albeit it didn't last for too long. I'm no longer having any problems like that but I did apply some clear nail polish to one of my PK rings although I never use it. The silicone solution sounds just like the ticket to protect the gold plating. As for Amazon being sold out simply do THIS. It simply amazes me that there are still so many people who are unaware of Google!! Smile
~Yogi Berra~

Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
IET bands (l*!ps).
MagicBucket
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of MagicBucket
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 20:50, Cyberqat wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-06 21:52, MagicBucket wrote:
Anyone ever heard about PKlize? Selling on eBay for about USD90

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie......71243338

I try to google but there is no information about this. Anyone on got this can share your review?

Looks like a rip-off of Ultracinese

Hi I finally got the pklizer and here is my review:

--------------------------------------------------------------

The effect (captured from the original description):

PKlizer allow you to "PKlize" any small objects such as Card box, Match box, Sharpie etc... PKlizer is a high technology remote controlled electronic. With your hidden, wireless remote control, tiny PKlizer is completely under your command. Transmit your mind power to the object through the air.

Pros:

1. Really silent, if you attach it well or holding it by hands. Almost heard no sound (Never worry about performing on the street or Room, it’s OK).
2. What I love the most is that it is remote controlled activated rather than pressing the button through a silly wire.
3. I was expected it is a RC Ultracinese but once I got it I've changed my mind. Different application, you can have both because Pklizer can achieve some effects that Ultracinese cannot.
4. Very small lovely props. Smaller than my thumb but will generate a good power.

Cons:

1. Simple instruction just teaching the installation and little idea of the effects.
2. Short battery life: I don't know whether it is the problem of the button cell or the circuit problem. I haven't tested it with other battery but I will give it a try very soon.
3.Never use the double stick tape included, it will stick very hard and leaving a bad stains on the gimmick when you remove it.

MagicBucket

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Item has been sold on Ebay. FYI.

PS: No it was not my item. Smile

DC
Wowbagger
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Wowbagger
I really love the "Prohibition" effect by Charlie Justice, be sure to check it out, if you don't already know it, not too hard to do and very deceptive!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
If this is the cap thru bottle trick, how is that PK?
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
What about a PK stack of photos that cuts to the picture of a murderer?

CT
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Wyld2006
View Profile
New user
If only I was clever enough to come up with something witty to back up my...
41 Posts

Profile of Wyld2006
Christopher! What a brilliant idea! That would be such a clever effect for bizarre performance, or a base storyline for a séance. You could even have several photos gimmicked for a picture based living or dead test. You just made my day Christopher thanks so much!
Wyld2006
View Profile
New user
If only I was clever enough to come up with something witty to back up my...
41 Posts

Profile of Wyld2006
I would agree that IET’s are an amazing product by experience. I did the typical thing with my PK ring, used it for a bit, now it sits in the drawer with the other effects that didn’t measure up. The M5 was commented as being an “underdog”. I don’t own one but I could definitely see why. If I ever move back to a place where it’s cool enough to wear sleeves the M5 will probably be my first magic purchase.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Greatest PK effect ever....? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL