The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » One of the best ways to keep peace is to be prepared for war. - General George Washington (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 18:38, acesover wrote:
Does anyone here really believe that the world would be a safer and maore peaceful place if the "United States of America" disbanded its Armed Forces and its weapons arsenal? When answering this question do not add your, "if the U.S. did not do this or that yada, yada, yada".

Safer for who?
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Icky....OU! OU! OU!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 20:06, MagicSanta wrote:
GDW, congrats, you have official made every leftest seem a bit more to the right.

Lol, I used to be so far left, I fell off the end.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 21:41, Cyberqat wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone here really believe that the world would be a safer and maore peaceful place if the "United States of America" disbanded its Armed Forces and its weapons arsenal? When answering this question do not add your, "if the U.S. did not do this or that yada, yada, yada".

Safer for who?

If you have to ask there is no sense in trying to explain. Are you really that naive or are you just stirring the pot like some people I know. Wait I think I know the answer. Those of you who respond to a question like that are both of the aforementioned. Thanks for your insightful input.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 22:09, gdw wrote:
Quote:
GDW, congrats, you have official made every leftest seem a bit more to the right.

Unfortunately you did not keep falling.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 19:47, gdw wrote:
Quote:

How about if the united states just disbanded . . .

Please tell me you are not an American citizen. At least than I could understand your post...maybe.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 17:04, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 22:09, gdw wrote:
Quote:

Unfortunately you did not keep falling.

Ouch, a bit uncalled for perhaps?

Quote:
On 2010-09-09 17:08, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 19:47, gdw wrote:
Quote:

How about if the united states just disbanded . . .

Please tell me you are not an American citizen. At least than I could understand your post...maybe.

Are you saying you can (maybe) understand why non american's would advocate this, but not actual americans?

So, those who are watching the actions of america (not that a country can act) from the outside are excusable for having such an opinion, but if your an american you have to have blind un questioning patriotism?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I know one of the best ways to not be a victim of a crime, is to not look like you are an easy victim to perpetrate a crime on.

I know one of the best ways to protect your house is to make it tougher to get into your house than others.

I know the best way to protect anything from being taken is to make it more expensive to steal it from you than what they want to steal is worth.

All of these examples involve a certain amount of deliberate preparation.
ALL of them are non aggressive ways of dealing with the problem we can agree right?

I should imagine that if you do not want to go to war, these things would seem to hold true as well.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 17:46, Dannydoyle wrote:
I know one of the best ways to not be a victim of a crime, is to not look like you are an easy victim to perpetrate a crime on.

I know one of the best ways to protect your house is to make it tougher to get into your house than others.

I know the best way to protect anything from being taken is to make it more expensive to steal it from you than what they want to steal is worth.

ALL of them are non aggressive ways of dealing with the problem we can agree right?

I should imagine that if you do not want to go to war, these things would seem to hold true as well.

I completely agree, except that none of those examples are things out your control of the individual, nor can they be used against the individual.

Also, none of those examples involved arming yourself, which, by the way, I do support as well. However, there is a difference between arming yourself for protection, and arming yourself in such a way that you are prepared to invade.

How many times has the usa used the idea that another country was making itself prepared for war as an excuse to invade? Iraq was not the first. So, building up and army and weapons can also paint a target on you.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Really? Tell me how many times, and tell me exactly what the reason given for the invasion of Iraq.

Are you saying that no army removes the target? According to your form of arguement this is a logical assumption.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Gdw quotes the following:

"Are you saying you can (maybe) understand why non american's would advocate this, but not actual americans?"

No "gdw" that is not what I am saying. I am saying that I hope you are not a citizen of "The United States of America" because if you are, you obviously do not care for any of those who have made the ultimate sacarifice so the likes of you can sit back and say the things you say and think you are clever. That is what I am saying. Is there anything there you do not understand?

I will say it again, "I hope you are not an American Citizen" and if you are. Shame on you and your kind for taking and not giving or showing respect.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 18:05, gdw wrote:
Quote:

I completely agree, except that none of those examples are things out your control of the individual, nor can they be used against the individual.

Also, none of those examples involved arming yourself, which, by the way, I do support as well. However, there is a difference between arming yourself for protection, and arming yourself in such a way that you are prepared to invade.

How many times has the usa used the idea that another country was making itself prepared for war as an excuse to invade? Iraq was not the first. So, building up and army and weapons can also paint a target on you.

Please use capital letters when writing USA (see above in your post) the same way you use them for Iraq even though it is the first letter of a sentence. You really are a nasty person and it shows.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 18:53, acesover wrote:
Gdw quotes the following:

"Are you saying you can (maybe) understand why non american's would advocate this, but not actual americans?"

No "gdw" that is not what I am saying. I am saying that I hope you are not a citizen of "The United States of America" because if you are, you obviously do not care for any of those who have made the ultimate sacarifice so the likes of you can sit back and say the things you say and think you are clever. That is what I am saying. Is there anything there you do not understand?

I will say it again, "I hope you are not an American Citizen" and if you are. Shame on you and your kind for taking and not giving or showing respect.

Wow, nothing like "people died for you to be able to be an ***, so show some respect." I suppose you think we'd all be speaking german if not for those men?

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 19:00, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 18:05, gdw wrote:
Quote:

Please use capital letters when writing USA (see above in your post) the same way you use them for Iraq even though it is the first letter of a sentence. You really are a nasty person and it shows.

Actually, the ONLY reason I used the capital in iraq was because it was the start of a sentence. I'm surprised this is the first time anyone's called me on it. And, sorry, but no, I won't.

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16197 Posts

Profile of tommy
Do you think the USA will ever win a war?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
Dreadnaught,

I often don't agree with you, but I must say I admire your commitment to your Christian values.

Bravo.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 21:34, Cyberqat wrote:
That's not leftist... that's Texan Smile

Zing!!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 12:04, LobowolfXXX wrote:
There's always the "Be nice to Hitler, and he'll be nice to you" philosophy.

As well as the "We had to destroy the village in order to save it, Sir" philosophy.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 22:21, tommy wrote:
Do you think the USA will ever win a war?

There are no winners in war you fool. There are victims, there are casualties there is suffering and death, and to answer your next question before you ask, the answer is yes they are necessary. If you think otherwise you are a bigger fool than I thought.

I hope that answers your "baited question". And please do not ask me to elaborate. Just ponder it a while and I am sure you will understand.

You can sleep well tonight the guardians are looking over you.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 18:16, Dannydoyle wrote:
Really? Tell me how many times, and tell me exactly what the reason given for the invasion of Iraq.

Are you saying that no army removes the target? According to your form of arguement this is a logical assumption.

You know what, I have provided you with enough numbers, and you've either ignored them, or dismissed them as a minority and thus not worth acknowledging the issue behind them.
You have moved your self well beyond troll status.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » One of the best ways to keep peace is to be prepared for war. - General George Washington (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL