We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Friday (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Is it something that will help magicians get more gigs?

Mike
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6023 Posts

Profile of motown
Perhaps an Online interactive magic magazine
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I am so glad this is coming. Now I can wait for this instead of practicing all the other stuff I bought. Waiting is so exciting.

Tim, will this be as good as Hole in the head? You said that was the best effect you had ever seen. Will this be as good as that?
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Badger
View Profile
Veteran user
Ireland
384 Posts

Profile of Badger
LOL.........
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 00:31, Tim Trono wrote:
Murphy’s Magic Supplies, Inc. is making an announcement this Friday September 10th, 2010, at 3:00 PM. We will be posting it here on the Magic Café first and will not be releasing it to the media until Monday September 13th, 2010.

For more details please visit:

http://www.MagicGoneViral.com

Tim, thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 22:32, Magiguy wrote:
My guess is that they will start selling to the general public, in addition to their wholesale business. Is there a prize if we guess correctly? Smile

I don't think so and I HOPE NOT. Murphys would be cutting their own throat if they competed with the dealers they supply.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1277 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 23:59, auriuspd wrote:
Maybe there are announcing the world wide release of the Falcon Force version 2.0.

What else could it be. It is the only thing people talk about these days and the only trick that is worth the money. I hope the creator knows about it.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1277 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 23:59, auriuspd wrote:
Maybe there are announcing the world wide release of the Falcon Force version 2.0.

It is the The Falcon Force 5 System.
So it would be the The Falcon Force 5 System version 2.0
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 00:42, Xiqual wrote:
Will this be as good as Hole in the head? You said that was the best effect you had ever seen. Will this be as good as that?

Too much hype leaves one with a hole in the head. Haha, let's see what Friday brings.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It says '

1. It's not a product!
2. It's not for sale!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
As a wholesaler, it is difficult to address your ability to aid in the selling of products. But what can they do?

Well, a wholesaler can produce a brand range of goods, that the end user knows and trusts, then, that end user will buy those goods from any retailer.

This makes the products a wholesaler sells to a retailer more saleable, and that increases the trade for the retailer increasing the sales for the wholesaler.

A brand? Well, a brand is not as epic, nor as complex as it appears, indeed that is what it is. A brand is an appearance, a display; an advertisement. Adding in proof of consistency and quality and people are hooked.

But people are more hooked when they are involved.

Add into the mix the word, viral and I should have thought that this is a system that allows magic producers to market their products to both end user and retailer simultaneously, probably with video.

Stretching across a varied and wide range of different 'networks' and social points as possible. Here, other forums, youtube, facebook etc.

It does sound interesting, that's for sure.

JH
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
MyMagicStore
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of MyMagicStore
I for one am hoping it is an online resourse or magic magazine? Murphy's has always been dealer driven, helping the little dealer all the way up to the giants treating all the same- They will do what is best for the dealers- My guess is it is either Twitter postings of new Pre-sale Video's (links) so that the public can see the new effects and the dealers can get a jump start on pre-orders? Or the same with a uTube channel- I for one would love to see that, the only problem is that often the release dates conme and go and no product.... Hummm Friday is almost hear.....
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Killing me.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MyMagicStore
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of MyMagicStore
Murphy's is currently offering the dealers Streaming so this is being facilitated already- And I am sure they will not take money away from the retailers offering anything direct to the consumer-

Jon Hackett
Add into the mix the word, viral and I should have thought that this is a system that allows magic producers to market their products to both end user and retailer simultaneously, probably with video.
Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Tappahannock, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
Perhaps they are seriously getting into the video and DVD production end- like L&L. I know they have put out some DVD's in the past under their label, but perhaps they are partnering with L&L or making their own production company as a serious venture and partnering with some top names to release some goodies...who knows?!? The say it's not something that will be for sale, so I assume it will be business related. Very curious....

Jonathan Brown
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
Probably that the Bicycle Deck is no longer going to be available. Everyone will have to buy a Mandolin. Of course they have the exclusive.
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
Well if it has nothing to do with product... Maybe something to do with performing? Like a youtube for magicians, getting feedback by magicians and big named magicians?

Or a place somehow related to getting gigs?

Im clueless but intrigued...
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 22:33, Vorezo wrote:
Maybe something to do with performing? Like a youtube for magicians, getting feedback by magicians and big named magicians?

Magic Video Depot. I don't think it's not another performance video website.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Very good point MyMagicStore,

really, irrelevant of what is announced today, they have lots of valuable ideas here!

Should be an interesting day.

JH
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Froday's here. Hit us.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Friday (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL