We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Friday (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magicgoneviral
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of magicgoneviral
Hey all...

Today's the day Smile You guys, and ladies, are going to be so stoked Smile

So far one of you was close enough so make sure you check your messages at 2:30 PST. Look for an PM from Tim, Kathy or I.

By the way...

That's a hint.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Hint? It didn't even tell us anything or give us a clue. Give us a STRONGER hint, please.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
It a youtube for magicians, though youtube already does that so it seems a bit pointless, Virals are videos so it has to be something like that, maybe they are more exited than we are, FF5 is the best thing to happen in a long time, cant see this topping it
MyMagicStore
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of MyMagicStore
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 12:19, catweazle wrote:
It a youtube for magicians, though youtube already does that so it seems a bit pointless, Virals are videos so it has to be something like that, maybe they are more exited than we are, FF5 is the best thing to happen in a long time, cant see this topping it

Cat I think you are there- We as Sellers and Magi alike have always been so down on those who either expose or just do such a bad job at creating those uTube videos that the effecyt is given away.... Now if we had our own channel, that was password protected, that only those who are true to the craft were alowed in... Well then we could likely keep some of the rif, raff out!

Gets my vote!
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Well yes I can see that it could help to stop casual you-tubers finding 'blah blah revealed' so its probably a good thing, and everything would all be under one roof so to speak, dam it I spend far to much of my time with this nonsense (DB's words) as it is, best get a new credit card ordered.
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
Rumor has it that the Falcon Force 5 will be available at Walmart next to the CA magic sets.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Only 3 and a half hours to go.....
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I know what it is, and you are VERY close.

Quote:
On 2010-09-10 12:26, MyMagicStore wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-10 12:19, catweazle wrote:

Cat I think you are there- We as Sellers and Magi alike have always been so down on those who either expose or just do such a bad job at creating those uTube videos that the effecyt is given away.... Now if we had our own channel, that was password protected, that only those who are true to the craft were alowed in... Well then we could likely keep some of the rif, raff out!

Gets my vote!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have a hunch we'll all be quite pleased with this.

Won't be long now.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yup. Just like the dog said when he got his tail cut off. "Won't be long now." Smile
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Oh, Daff! lol.

Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Murphy’s Magic Supplies, Inc. is proud to announce an exciting, new on-line community http://murphysmagiccommunity.com/ This is a place for new magic enthusiasts to discover, learn, discuss, and obtain magic from dealers through pictures, videos, forums, groups and more. Murphy’s continues will continue our policy of not selling directly to the public. We do want to grow magic, foster creativity, and foster a positive environment with a sense of mentorship. Our goal is to offer a positive community taking full advantage of the various social networking capabilities out there and integrating them in a manner that I do not believe has been offered in the magic community.

The site is geared to reaching and helping new consumers through viral marketing tools (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, etc.) as well as traditional marketing channels. It will go beyond simply giving information and hopefully facilitate positive exchanges of information, creativity, discussions, etc. I believe it will create excitement of magic products to new and existing magic consumers.

It will provide better information, a more positive learning environment, and a resource for the newcomer or the seasoned pro.

By taking advantage of viral marketing we are hoping to generate more excitement about magic which we feel has been lacking due to a lack of true outreach. We feel this will help magic be looked at in a more respected manner and will bring in new creative thinking. If you look at the technologies in magic in the last 20 years it is quite amazing some of the new thinking, ideas, etc. We feel that by broadening the market that creativity and exciting ideas will only expand further bringing in new ideas, new talent, etc.

We are also hoping dealers and vendors/producers will be more active participants to better help provide accurate, more insightful, and hopefully more helpful information. This is a forum to help them help you.

I hope you will join, participate, and advocate others to partake. Again, we want to offer a positive, helpful, and insightful community that takes full advantage of the integration of the many social network tools out there.

Tim
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
According to the TOS:
"We strictly prohibit any activity that promotes wholesale magic sales or directly competes with Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc.. "

Hmm..would be interested to know which actions constitute competition.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
toph
View Profile
Regular user
Dock o' the Bay, California
162 Posts

Profile of toph
Marvelous!
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
The new site is great Tim and very interactive.
I am looking forward to regular visits to keep up with the latest news etc. .

I will also obviously keep up with my regular doses of Magic Café. Caffeine for Magicians

best wishes
Jim
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
"Positive learning environment", I hope this doesn't mean we will find exposure in the video section, does it?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
WOW! It's so far beyond what I even thought it would be.

Fantastic!

Chris

ilusnst
View Profile
New user
In more than a decade has made only
27 Posts

Profile of ilusnst
As a magic store owner I have many questions about Murphy's new community.

For now, let's start with the most obvious:

Murphy's magic states that it strictly does not sell retail. Why would a company not interested in retail create a web site that specifically collects my customer's personal information? If they wanted to help the magic retailers, shouldn't they be collecting names and sending them to us?
Grand Illusions, a 22 year old brick and mortar magic store with Internet savvy, wonders how precisely retailers will benefit from this venture and how this is "ABSOLUTELY [our] CHANCE TO SELL MORE MAGIC and stop fighting over the same magic consumers!"

- Steve Johnson
I make the invisible thread reel that works.
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
This is actually remarkably cool! I'm totally feeling it. Props to Murphy's for building this! I've been thinking the magic community needs something like this for a while!
Arteco
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Arteco
Thank the Ning network for building it, but it is good to have Murphy's Magic generating a "Magic network"

Oviously, they might be able to gather a larger magic community. Time will tell.

Best wishes though.
Arteco
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Friday (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL