The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pocket Change by Cosmo Solano (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Hey all, thought we should move the subject here...
Here's the effect: You mention that you have a pocket full of change, you shake your pants pocket, and a Spectator is asked to name any amount of change between 50 cents and 1 dollar.
an amount is named and the pocket is emptied, all the change is dumped into the spectator's hand and the pocket is turned inside out to be sure.
THEY count the change, and it's EXACTLY the amount they named.
Now, I need a little help here, as it stands I have it worked out with American coins.
I could use some "International help" someone to help me understand how this could work with other countries coins?
could someone breakdown the coins for any country in the same way we break up a dollar here?
Example, 5 pennies, equal 1 nickel, one dime is ten cents, a quarter is 25 and 1 dollar is 100 cents or pennies.
Let's discuss this effect here, as apposed to over in the thread for Q: the Quantum Connection.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Hey Cosmo,

Your effect sounds killer! Hope this helps solve your coin unit problem. Just use the drop down menu to select any country.

http://worldcoingallery.com/

Best,

Doug
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Ahhh! the power of the internet!
I feel kinda stupid for asking now!
thanks a million! (well a million in change anyway)
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
This is gonna be amazing!
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
In Australia it's easy. We work in denominations of 5 cent, 10cent, 20 cent, 50 cent, 1 dollar & 2 dollar coins. We got rid of 1 & 2 cent coins years ago.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
What will be the cost of this?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I think it was mentioned before, in the $50 - $100 range. It all depends on the end manufactoring costings. So hopfully closer to $50
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Australia... DONE! that shouldn't be a problem, I looked at the site mentioned above, it's actually too much info for me! Smile
I just need to know what adds up to what as mentioned by take a chance above.
thanks in advance, I of course can look this up but I'm here trying to do fifty things at once.
We're running another batch of Q's right now too, I've got the Pocket Change booklet to design, the site graphics aaaaagh!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
How much is approximately going to be Cosmo? Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
In the UK the coin demominations are;
1 pence, 2 pence, 5 pence, 10 pence, 20 pence, 50 pence, 1 pound, 2 pounds.
Looking forward to this.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
My problem is I'm constantly travelling with my job so probably need this in a couple of currencies. Is it something that can be modified for that situation or will independant units be required. I have high hopes for this as the combination with using Q is turning this into a very full and rich Annemann style routine.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
In Holland we have Euros 5, 10 20 50 1 euro and 2 euro.
We did away with 1s and 2s same as down under

Steve
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
INDIA - THE LAND OF MAGIC - WHERE REAL MAGIC HAPPENS. Smile Smile

Presently the normal circulating coins are:-

50 Paisa, 1 Rupee, 2 Rupees, 5 Rupees & 10 Rupees

(1 Rupee = 100 Paisa)

Though we haven't got rid of 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 20 and 25 Paisa coins; but they are very rarely available in normal circulation.

THIS info is a bit outdated.

For such effects I feel it is important to know which are the PRESENT Normal Circulating Coins.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Wow, I spoke with a manufacturer today, to tool this up would be THOUSANDS of dollars. I have a method to make them at home, tedious, time consuming but less expensive. I have made some prototypes and I'm sure I will get better and more effecient at it.

The product for now will be hand sanded and finished. No two will be alike!

It's EXACTLY as it would be from a manufacturer and will funtion exactly the same. cosmetically, my little babies will have a little more character, that's all!

PRICE: Almost! Please bare with me on this, I have one more option, I can tell you if I went with the manufacturing process this thing would be way more than 100 dollars!

1st order of business tomorrow... it goes up for pre order at cosmosolano.com

Stay tuned!

(by the way the prototypes all work beautifully I had an exhausting, but very satisfying day today!

Thanks gang!
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Oh regarding international coins...

Should I figure out different countries or leave that to the customer? There's so many different ones...

Anyone familiar with MANY different countries coin money? I'd like to discuss it with one person so I don't have to give away how it all works out in the open...

Ciao!
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Good news!
First off THANKS SO MUCH to everyone for the info on the coins...
It's not anywhere near the work I thought it would be to figure out, actually it seems the various international coins work exactly the same in Pocket Change as do American coins, in fact I think the other countries are a little easier!
The only ones's I haven't really figured out are India, I probably would work as well but my brain is fried right now...
SO it's official this is (yippeee!) and international effect ! I truly thought that it would be limited to the u.s.!
Very cool!

Thanks again!
Coz
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Okay couldn't sleep on this, the India coins work equally well, in fact either way, with the smaller paisa's or in incriments of 50 paisa. (paisas?)

I'm realizing the way this is designed it really doesn't matter what denomination the coins are, how they add up etc.

I'm getting more excited about this!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2010-09-09 00:58, Cosmo Solano wrote:
I'm getting more excited about this!

I think every coin man is Cosmo. Glad the website link helped.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Canada has one cent, five cent, ten cent, 25 cent, one dollar, and two dollar coins. This sounds very exciting!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Canadian coins work same as u.s.!
COOL!
Hey I was able to show this off at the Magic in the Rockies Convention...
GREAT responses and reviews! Got thumbs up and quotes form Wayne Dobson (one of my heroes!) Jeff McBride, Karl Hein, Sebastian Clerg, Matthiew Bich, we actually sat down and discussed routines, and Seb gave me a nice idea for a slight alteration on the unit itself to make it a little better! Just a fine little point but a good one! Manufacturing connection was made too and it looks like I won't have to spend a ton after all, and even better I don't have to hand make them!!!
Thanks all!

Coz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pocket Change by Cosmo Solano (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL