The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » My business vision (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2290 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I have finally finished writing out my vision for my magic business. I anticipate hanging out the shingle in about four weeks. (I know I've been saying this for a while, but it looks like everything is finally coming together!)

Anyway, I've posted this plan to http://www.edandhismagic.net/MyMagicBusiness.htm
I'd love to hear your feedback: what sounds plausible; what I might not have considered; where I need to give some more thought.

Cheers!
Ed

PS - I know the web site sucks right now - that's in the works!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Ed
Conratulations you have come a long way, and now you know what you are talking about. I always say that getting the job is where all the work is, and doing the job is just having fun.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
WOW! This is great thinking, the main suggestion I have for you is to take this off the web. Your giving away to much good information about your market, I'm thinking of moving to Yuma now. <-- (Not really, no offense I can't stand Yuma...)

I think you are right on point here, I book most of my shows online through my website, I do call my customers after my work hours or during breaks at least once, so they know I am a real person.

I have 2 books in mind that have helped me with my birthday business that you may want to check out. The first one of course is Silly Billy's book. (and if you can find his notes on business, that would be good as well) The second is called "The Birthday Magician's Handbook". I'm sure William's, Presto, or Easley's has or can get these for you, they are great.

Other then that, it sounds like you are on track. I perform in Yuma with an illusion show every couple of years, and we always receive a great response. I'll send you email next time we're heading your way.

Good Luck,
Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
756 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
ED, if you need help getting the website going let me know ...

I'd love to help
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Good for you for creating a vision. A strong, vivid, and emotional vision is huge for making yourself a success...as long as its followed by action of course.

Try thinking in emotional terms as well. Write out how you will feel to have the personal and financial freedom etc. An overall vision for your life that is exciting and motivating.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2290 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Al: Couldn't have come this far without y'all helping me!

Fitz: I've got Seriously Silly - it's already changed the way I perform. I'll be looking at more material in the coming year. And yes, please let me know when you come down. And if I can get upn there, I'll tag up with you and maybe we can chat over a cup of Starbucks.

Mike: Thank you!! Mr. Sullivan has offered his help on getting a Wordpress site up, so that's in the works.

Scott: Getting action items on the list even as I type this! The emotional vision will be a huge sigh of relief when I finally get my first gig!! After that, I'll work on how it feels to be financially free - goodness knows I'm gonna have a l-o-n-g time to ponder that one!

Ed
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Ed,

As usual, you are inspirational. I've really been enjoying seeing what you are doing, and learning right along with you.

Thank you for that.

I wish you the great success that you deserve for your hard work.

Beano
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » My business vision (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL