The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Haha... The Ultimate Warrior staying in Character! Love the 90s! (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
The Ultimate Warrior Meets Arsenio Hall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbjNNrO8CeM&feature=related

Ahh... The good ol' days of TV...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees on Arsenio as well.. Also in Character!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09yOZsZuxMY&feature=related

Smile
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My wife use to make fun of the Ultimate Warrior cuz he lisped his name "I am the Ultimate Wawwierrrr"
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
That is way too cool.
Socrates
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Socrates
A legend in the world of wrestling - and these his final words:

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe a final breath and if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalised. "In the back I see many potential legends. Some with warrior spirits and you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and the intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends as well. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans and the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever."

Rest in Peace Ultimate Warrior!
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
His sudden passing the day after appearing live on Monday Night Raw was a shock. A truly legend of wrestling, may the Ultimate Warrior rest in peace.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
For me personally he came from a time where wrestling was literally too "cartoonish".

Good on him for what he accomplished. Maybe some day we get to the bottom of why these guys depart the earth so early.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Given that he retired at the relatively young age of 36, I have to wonder if there were some underlying physical problems that may have contributed to his untimely passing.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
At 36 his body had been through a lifetime of abuse especially back then.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Definately a hard career on the body. I'm sure the roids didn't help much either.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea he kept getting bigger and smaller and obviously roided up.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

He appeared to be winded and wheezing a bit during his appearance on the last Monday Night Raw.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I just found out... Smile
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
For those who are wondering.... I will remind those that have forgotten that I used to be a pre-wrestling referee. This was back in the days when wresting was "cartoonish" in some ways, and the messaqge from the big boys (Vince McMahon) was be larger than life. You can You-Tube Hulk Hogan coming to the rescue of Bob Backlund against the wild Samoans. This was Hogan's first WWF appearence. Look how small he was compared to his hay day which started only months later. With that message coming in loud and clear, all the wrestlers and would-be and wanna-be wrestlers all tried to be larger than life. Just as in the Stone Cold Steve Austin era, many small time wrestlers shaved their heads and put on attitudes. It was all coming from Titan Tower.

This is when the moves started getting bigger, the bulging muscles started getting bigger, and the phychology of wrestling began to take a back seat. People like RIc FLair, with his incredible mic skills and charisma, managed to hold on, but many either steeped up or faded out. This lead to the two biggest problems in wrestler logevity; steroids and pain killers. Between the two, and other drugs thrown in, along with many having indescriminate sex as they traveled the country/world, the wrestler's bodies came up second best.

One of the smart ones, Leaping Lanny Poffo, took his turn with steroids, hated them and stopped fast. His physique failed quickly at that point, and not being larger than life, out he went.

Rowdy ROddy Piper once said, "I have no illusions about this business, I'll never live to see 60." I believe at this point he has, that or he is certainly close. He looks pretty good too, but he was never a big roid man. He was a drunk, and he cleaned up in the 90's (god bless him for that)

Injuries inspire pain killers, and need inspired steroids. In the old days (1950's or before) a wrestler had as much chance of a serious injury as a football player or maybe rugby. I cringe everytime I watch the tape of Mick foly coming off the top of the cage. The first time he landed well as planned, but it still had to hurt like hell. The second time was an accident. He landed on one leg which went under him. How he walked away I have no clue. But he did.

I'll get off the soapbox now.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2014, Cliffg37 wrote:
For those who are wondering.... I will remind those that have forgotten that I used to be a pre-wrestling referee. This was back in the days when wresting was "cartoonish" in some ways, and the messaqge from the big boys (Vince McMahon) was be larger than life. You can You-Tube Hulk Hogan coming to the rescue of Bob Backlund against the wild Samoans. This was Hogan's first WWF appearence. Look how small he was compared to his hay day which started only months later. With that message coming in loud and clear, all the wrestlers and would-be and wanna-be wrestlers all tried to be larger than life. Just as in the Stone Cold Steve Austin era, many small time wrestlers shaved their heads and put on attitudes. It was all coming from Titan Tower.

This is when the moves started getting bigger, the bulging muscles started getting bigger, and the phychology of wrestling began to take a back seat. People like RIc FLair, with his incredible mic skills and charisma, managed to hold on, but many either steeped up or faded out. This lead to the two biggest problems in wrestler logevity; steroids and pain killers. Between the two, and other drugs thrown in, along with many having indescriminate sex as they traveled the country/world, the wrestler's bodies came up second best.

One of the smart ones, Leaping Lanny Poffo, took his turn with steroids, hated them and stopped fast. His physique failed quickly at that point, and not being larger than life, out he went.

Rowdy ROddy Piper once said, "I have no illusions about this business, I'll never live to see 60." I believe at this point he has, that or he is certainly close. He looks pretty good too, but he was never a big roid man. He was a drunk, and he cleaned up in the 90's (god bless him for that)

Injuries inspire pain killers, and need inspired steroids. In the old days (1950's or before) a wrestler had as much chance of a serious injury as a football player or maybe rugby. I cringe everytime I watch the tape of Mick foly coming off the top of the cage. The first time he landed well as planned, but it still had to hurt like hell. The second time was an accident. He landed on one leg which went under him. How he walked away I have no clue. But he did.

I'll get off the soapbox now.

Thanks for that.

RIP Ultimate Warrior. Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I was bummed when Ultimate Warrior beat Hogan because I grew up on those cartoons where Hulk was the star. Also had a VHS of early Hogan when he was still a villain. I liked the characters back then. The Berserker coming in with his Viking sword (wish he'd lasted longer), The Undertaker with Paul Bearer, all of it. I have a bunch of the old WWF figures in the basement that I inherited from my Grandpa. I even have one of Jesse Ventura, who my Dad served with in the Navy, which is surreal. Piper and Undertaker are still favorites.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2014, critter wrote:
I was bummed when Ultimate Warrior beat Hogan because I grew up on those cartoons where Hulk was the star. Also had a VHS of early Hogan when he was still a villain. I liked the characters back then. The Berserker coming in with his Viking sword (wish he'd lasted longer), The Undertaker with Paul Bearer, all of it. I have a bunch of the old WWF figures in the basement that I inherited from my Grandpa. I even have one of Jesse Ventura, who my Dad served with in the Navy, which is surreal. Piper and Undertaker are still favorites.

Remember The Bushwackers? Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMWheL-xsww
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

My all-time favorite has always been the legend, Walter "Killer" Kowalski.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Kowalski
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2014, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2014, critter wrote:

Remember The Bushwackers? Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMWheL-xsww

I got to see the Bushwackers fight the Legion of Doom at the old Spokane Coliseum. Hulk Hogan also had a handicapped match against that sumo guy with the sweaty butt attack and "Typhoon" (formerly Tugboat). Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake was also there. One of my Mom's friends who was a female bodybuilder got a picture of Hogan and Beefcake at her gym because they went there to work out the morning of the event. She gave me a copy of the pic but I don't have it anymore. I do, however, still have the Hulk Hogan "Python Power" bandana that I bought there Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Haha... The Ultimate Warrior staying in Character! Love the 90s! (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL