We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Good length for F&L chain? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Just wondered what length of chain other folks were using. I started with a 5-foot long chain, which worked pretty well. Then I tried a 4-foot chain, which I felt produced too small of a figure to be seen well by a group.

After trying a 8-foot chain (which was far too long to be worked easily), I settled on a 7-foot length. This makes a 36-inch long working loop that creates a good-sized figure, provides enough slack fo rme to throw the chain gracefully, but is still short enough for me to hold it up and do the "knot" kicker neatly.

What length works best for you? SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hi Seth: I personally prefer 5 foot for formal performance and 4 foot for tableside/or pubs...where layout space can sometimes be limited.

However,I can certainly envision a 6 or 7 footer working nicely too.... at certain venues.Also,a longer chain can provide greater visibility...when needed.

Here is a thread with some info about the chain I offer:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=190&15

I can make any length chain desired for a great price.Each chain also comes with a drop off knot,and a pouch. There is free shipping if two or more chains are ordered.

I have had nothing but good comments about my chains. Smile I have been using my personal chains for many months,and they still look the same as when I first made them.

Happy trails.
Rich
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Good length for F&L chain? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL